|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Vendee: Chapters 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) By fighting them.
(b) With a gun.
(c) By distracting them.
(d) With pleasant words.
2. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
(a) He makes noise from the woods.
(b) He fires shots at them.
(c) He runs across the field screaming.
(d) He attempts to arrest them.
3. What does Drusilla tell Granny the Union troops are not letting the slaves do?
(a) Return home.
(b) Cross the river.
(c) Fight with them.
(d) Eat their food.
4. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
(a) The Colonel orders them to.
(b) They will have food and shelter.
(c) They are frightened by the scene at the river.
(d) They want to steal her silver.
5. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
(a) To bail her cousin out of prison.
(b) To hire a hit man.
(c) To buy her slaves back.
(d) To make a new life after the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Granny disheartened by the conclusion of her scheme?
2. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
3. Why does Granny read recipes to Ringo and Bayard?
4. Why can't Buck continue on with the boys?
5. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)