|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Vendee: Chapters 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
(a) They feel bad for her.
(b) They's not worth taking.
(c) She already gave them to Ringo and Bayard.
(d) They got distracted.
2. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
(a) Union soldiers.
3. Why does Granny read recipes to Ringo and Bayard?
(a) To distract them.
(b) To teach them.
(c) To entertain them.
(d) To put them to sleep.
4. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She feigns ignorance.
(c) She accuses them back.
(d) She starts to cry.
5. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
(a) He has more weapons.
(b) He pretends to have a larger regiment.
(c) The regiment is weak.
(d) He lures them away from their camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granny offer to Colonel Dick?
2. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
3. Bayard remarks that, between he and Ringo, skin color and smarts didn't count anymore. What does count, in his eyes?
4. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
5. Why does Sartoris return home at the beginning of "The Unvanquished"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)