|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raid: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
(a) They think she's up to no good.
(b) They want her to wait for Sartoris.
(c) They want her to bring something back for them.
(d) They think the Union will find her.
2. Why didn't Sartoris let both McCaslin brothers enlist?
(a) There are too many soldiers.
(b) They're not serious enough.
(c) They are loyal to the Union.
(d) They're too old.
3. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He gives her more silver and mules.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He helps her cross the river.
(d) He gives her advise.
4. How do the slaves respond to Loosh explaining the Union is coming to free them?
(a) They get angry at Loosh.
(b) They kick him out.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They hug and kiss him.
5. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(d) Mason-Dixon line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sartoris family use for ink?
2. Why is the family hiding their silver?
3. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
4. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
5. How does Drusilla change her appearance after her fiancé and father die?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)