|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raid: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
(a) She doesn't trust the people inside.
(b) It's too dirty.
(c) She likes the open air.
(d) She wants to stay with the silver.
2. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
(a) She curses them.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She shoots at them.
(d) She cries.
3. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Ten hours.
4. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He gives her more silver and mules.
(c) He gives her advise.
(d) He helps her cross the river.
5. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
(b) The gates of heaven.
(c) The finish line.
(d) The promised land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
2. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
3. What does Granny offer to Colonel Dick?
4. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
5. Which soldier does Bayard shoot at?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)