|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Raid: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
(a) They didn't want to leave.
(b) They were too slow.
(c) They were too noisy.
(d) They ate too much food.
2. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
3. Why do many slaves begin betraying their masters?
(a) The Union promises them freedom for their help.
(b) They get money for information.
(c) Because they are fed up.
(d) They see an opportunity for payback.
4. Why is Ringo not concerned about leaving Granny alone?
(a) He has more important plans.
(b) He is inconsiderate.
(c) No one wants to hurt her.
(d) She can take care of herself.
5. Which soldier does Bayard shoot at?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The biggest and strongest.
(c) The first one he sees.
(d) The oldest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
2. What does Drusilla tell Granny the Union troops are not letting the slaves do?
3. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
4. Why does Sartoris return home at the beginning of "The Unvanquished"?
5. Ringo asks Bayard who he thinks Granny dreamed about. Bayard says ______.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)