|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Retreat: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck decide which slaves he sets free?
(a) Whoever does better work.
(b) He waits for signs from God.
(c) He sets the older ones free.
(d) He draws names from a hat.
2. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
(b) It's illegal.
(c) They want to appear modest.
(d) The Union is coming.
3. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
4. Why is Philadelphy sobbing when Loosh and Granny confront each other?
(a) Because Granny is sad.
(b) Because he doesn't want to leave the farm.
(c) Because she knows Loosh is wrong.
(d) Because she doesn't like confrontation.
5. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
(a) It's too dirty.
(b) She wants to stay with the silver.
(c) She doesn't trust the people inside.
(d) She likes the open air.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
2. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
3. How did the Union discover the silver?
4. While discussing Sartoris, Uncle Buck shouts loud ______.
5. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)