|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Retreat: Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Granny read recipes to Ringo and Bayard?
(a) To teach them.
(b) To distract them.
(c) To put them to sleep.
(d) To entertain them.
2. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They bribe him to join them.
(b) They are winning the war.
(c) They took his silver.
(d) He can't protect his family.
3. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
(a) Joby's cabin.
(b) A make-shift shack.
(c) In the woods.
(d) An abandoned farmhouse.
4. What was Granny's disturbing dream at the beginning of "Retreat"?
(a) Someone burns her house.
(b) Someone takes Bayard.
(c) Someone finds their silver.
(d) The Union wins the war.
5. Which soldier does Bayard shoot at?
(a) The oldest.
(b) The first one he sees.
(c) The biggest and strongest.
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ringo and Bayard spy on Loosh?
2. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
3. Why does Sartoris return home at the beginning of "The Unvanquished"?
4. What happened at Vicksburg?
5. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)