Ambuscade: Chapters 1-4
1. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(a) Mason-Dixon line.
2. In "Ambuscade" Bayard believes the front lines are in ______.
(d) New York.
3. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
(a) Colonel Sartoris.
(b) The Union General.
(c) The Confederate General.
(d) Colonel Dick.
4. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
5. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
(a) They vote.
(b) They can't.
(c) They tie him up and leave him behind.
(d) They stage a riot.
6. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) His second.
(b) His pretend regiment.
(c) None of them.
(d) His first.
7. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
(c) Union soldiers.
8. Why does Sartoris return home at the beginning of "The Unvanquished"?
(a) To bring a message.
(b) He's fallen ill.
(c) To oversee the livestock pen.
(d) He was expelled from his regiment.
This section contains 4,186 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)