Ambuscade: Chapters 1-4
1. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(d) Mason-Dixon line.
2. In "Ambuscade" Bayard believes the front lines are in ______.
(a) New York.
3. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
(a) The Confederate General.
(b) Colonel Dick.
(c) The Union General.
(d) Colonel Sartoris.
4. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
5. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
(a) They can't.
(b) They stage a riot.
(c) They vote.
(d) They tie him up and leave him behind.
6. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) None of them.
(b) His pretend regiment.
(c) His first.
(d) His second.
7. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
(b) Union soldiers.
8. Why does Sartoris return home at the beginning of "The Unvanquished"?
(a) To bring a message.
(b) He was expelled from his regiment.
(c) He's fallen ill.
(d) To oversee the livestock pen.
This section contains 4,186 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)