* Loosh learns that the front lines are closer than the town thinks.
* Colonel Sartoris returns home.
* Bayard and Sartoris build a livestock pen.
* Bayard wants his father to tell him of his adventures, but is sent to bed.
* Bayard overhears his father talking about Vicksburg falling and that they should bury their silver.
* Colonel Sartoris leaves.
* Bayard and Ringo spy on Loosh.
* Loosh goes to Corinth and returns to explain to the other slaves that the Union soldiers are coming to free them.
* Bayard and Ringo wait on the side of the road and shoot at some Union soldiers who pass.
* Bayard and Ringo hide at Granny's house because they think they've killed a soldier.
* The Union soldiers come into Granny's house and interrogate her.
* It turns out the boys only killed a horse.
* When the soldiers leave, Granny scolds the boys for swearing and...
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)