Ambuscade: Chapters 1-4
• Loosh learns that the front lines are closer than the town thinks.
• Colonel Sartoris returns home.
• Bayard and Sartoris build a livestock pen.
• Bayard wants his father to tell him of his adventures, but is sent to bed.
• Bayard overhears his father talking about Vicksburg falling and that they should bury their silver.
• Colonel Sartoris leaves.
• Bayard and Ringo spy on Loosh.
• Loosh goes to Corinth and returns to explain to the other slaves that the Union soldiers are coming to free them.
• Bayard and Ringo wait on the side of the road and shoot at some Union soldiers who pass.
• Bayard and Ringo hide at Granny's house because they think they've killed a soldier.
• The Union soldiers come into Granny's house and interrogate her.
• It turns out the boys only killed a horse.
• When the soldiers leave, Granny scolds the boys for swearing and...
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)