|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
2. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
3. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
4. Dillon tells Jackie about a job opening for a/an __________________ back home.
5. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Giardina choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Rachel. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Rachel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain some of the examples of regionalism found in the book. Can regionalism include more than accents and food? What else encompasses the culture and personality of a region?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)