Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
2. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
3. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
4. Dillon tells Jackie about a job opening for a/an __________________ back home.
5. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
Essay Topic 1
Does Giardina end the story on a note of hope for Jackie or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with flawed relationships and evolving trends and ways of life? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Giardina is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author present point of view of the story? What are the benefits and the limitations to this particular style of presenting points of view from the main characters? How is the point of view determined? Provide an example that supports your answer.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)