|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A doctor from which town comes looking for Dillon?
2. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
3. Tom and Jackie make love before he goes to _________________.
4. Who does Jackie run into while in Washington, D.C.?
5. Why does Tom leave Honduras?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Tom. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Tom?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author present point of view of the story? What are the benefits and the limitations to this particular style of presenting points of view from the main characters? How is the point of view determined? Provide an example that supports your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the conflict between the people who lived in the coal mining region of West Virginia and those involved in the government programs designed to provide aid.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)