|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sim's son who is missing in the flood?
2. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
(a) he will be back tomorrow.
(b) they aren't done yet.
(c) he is never coming back.
(d) he wants to marry her.
3. With whom does Brenda fall in love?
(d) Tommie Boy.
4. In what town does Jackie buy a house?
5. What part of his body does Dillon injure when he falls down a hill?
(a) His back.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the company in #134 do regarding Homeplace?
2. How many people agree to attend mass when the bishop comes?
3. Who supervises the moving of the family graves in order to save them before they are dug up?
4. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
5. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dillon exhibit his loyalty both in his personal and professional life?
2. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
3. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
4. What open job does Dillon tell Jackie about and what does he promise to do if she takes it?
5. What does Jackie study in college and what job does she take in Washington?
6. How does Hassel help Tom out when he learns that the bishop is coming for a visit?
7. What miracle has Hassel seen?
8. How have Jackie and Tom's feelings for each other paralleled those shared by Dillon and Rachel?
9. What are the possible interpretations of Tom's telling Jackie that they are "not done" yet?
10. What does Tom advise Jackie to do when he unexpectedly show up in town?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)