|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
(c) Costa Rica.
2. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
(a) she is not causing any trouble.
(b) she is scheduled to speak.
(c) she is a member of the press.
(d) she is in no danger.
3. What happens when the machine moving the graves malfunctions?
(a) The machine tumbles down a hill.
(b) Remains are scattered all over the ground.
(c) The machine falls over.
(d) The machine cannot be repaired for quite awhile.
4. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) a heart.
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(c) the United States.
(d) the face of Jesus.
5. What question does Jackie ask Dillon that makes him clam up?
(a) If he believes in God.
(b) If he's ever been in love.
(c) If he has ever been arrested.
(d) If he would loan her some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom and Jackie make love before he goes to _________________.
2. What does Tom grab on to to keep from being washed away in the water?
3. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
4. What does Jackie tell Tom even though he is dead when she reaches him?
5. Who tells Jackie that she looks more like Dillon all the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
2. Where does Jackie find Tom the morning after the dam burst and what does she tell him even though he is already dead?
3. What threat does the dam pose and how do Dillon and Arthur Lee differ in how to manage the problem?
4. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
5. Why is Dillon driven to tell Jackie that he is her father?
6. How have Jackie and Tom's feelings for each other paralleled those shared by Dillon and Rachel?
7. What is Jackie's role in the miners' strike as a member of the press?
8. How will Jackie's profession allow her to shed light on the poverty and suffering of people in her hometown?
9. What impact can Dillon see that the strike will have on the way of life he has known?
10. How does Hassel help Tom out when he learns that the bishop is coming for a visit?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)