|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
(c) Arthur Lee.
2. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
(a) Dillon's father's.
(c) Sim's father's.
3. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) George Bush.
(b) James Taylor.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Lech Walesa.
4. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(d) Arthur Lee.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
(c) His family.
(d) His feelings for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the coal company which has negative intent for Homeplace?
2. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
3. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
4. What does the company in #134 do regarding Homeplace?
5. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dillon's emotional reasons for telling Jackie that he is her father?
2. What does Jackie study in college and what job does she take in Washington?
3. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
4. How does Dillon exhibit his loyalty both in his personal and professional life?
5. How have Jackie and Tom's feelings for each other paralleled those shared by Dillon and Rachel?
6. How has Rachel's illness impacted her life?
7. Where does Jackie encounter Tom again and what are the circumstances that have them spending more time together?
8. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
9. Describe the poignancy of Dillon being present for Rachel's death in the hospital.
10. What comfort can Jackie take away from Tom's death?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)