|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
2. What does Jackie write editorials about during this period?
(a) The new hospital.
(b) The presidential election.
(c) The school levy.
(d) The coal miners strike.
3. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
(a) Costa Rica.
4. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
(a) Lech Walesa.
(b) Ralph Nader.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
5. Why does Rachel hire a cook and housekeeper?
(a) She thinks it makes her look high class.
(b) She is too weak to do the work.
(c) She wants to impress Dillon.
(d) She likes to employ local women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
2. Where is Tom's body taken after he is injured?
3. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
4. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
5. Why does Tom leave Honduras?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jackie find Tom the morning after the dam burst and what does she tell him even though he is already dead?
2. How does Lech Walesa's broken promise to come to support the coal miners' strike symbolize a lack of support for the region?
3. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
4. How does Tom's behavior show that he is still conflicted about being a priest in spite of the bishop's absolution?
5. How does Dillon exhibit his loyalty both in his personal and professional life?
6. What is Jackie's role in the miners' strike as a member of the press?
7. Why is Dillon driven to tell Jackie that he is her father?
8. What threat does the dam pose and how do Dillon and Arthur Lee differ in how to manage the problem?
9. How has Rachel's illness impacted her life?
10. What does Tom advise Jackie to do when he unexpectedly show up in town?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)