|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassel pick up while at the Governor's Office?
(a) New license plates.
(b) An autographed photo.
(c) A book on West Virginia history.
(d) A decal for his windshield.
2. Who is Lech Walesa?
(a) Polish band leader.
(b) Polish union leader.
(c) Polish astronaut.
(d) Polish Olympic skater.
3. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
(a) George Bush.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Ralph Nader.
(d) Lech Walesa.
4. What is the name of the organization run by the man in #101?
(a) Cervantes Center.
(b) Agape Center.
(c) Shiloh Center.
(d) Yahweh Center.
5. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
(a) she is in no danger.
(b) she is scheduled to speak.
(c) she is a member of the press.
(d) she is not causing any trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has threatened to bring criminal charges against Tom if he doesn't shut down his VISTA activities?
2. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
3. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
4. Rachel is taken by helicopter to a cardiac unit of a hospital in which city?
5. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hassel help Tom out when he learns that the bishop is coming for a visit?
2. Why is Dillon still so conflicted in his relationship with Jackie?
3. How has Rachel's illness impacted her life?
4. What impact can Dillon see that the strike will have on the way of life he has known?
5. Where does Jackie encounter Tom again and what are the circumstances that have them spending more time together?
6. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
7. What are the possible interpretations of Tom's telling Jackie that they are "not done" yet?
8. How will Jackie's profession allow her to shed light on the poverty and suffering of people in her hometown?
9. How has Tom's childhood plagued him and how is he conflicted about his life choices?
10. What does Jackie study in college and what job does she take in Washington?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)