|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
(a) A black lung demonstration.
(b) Jackie's wedding.
(c) Jackie's graduation.
(d) A peace protest march.
2. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
(a) The International Oil Corp.
(b) The Standard Oil Company.
(d) International Business Machines.
3. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He stays in bed.
(c) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(d) He visits her grave.
4. Jackie talks to Dillon about her feelings regarding _________________.
(a) her job.
(b) her father.
(c) her mother.
5. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(d) Arthur Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
2. What is carried in the doctor's container?
3. What is the name of the coal company which has negative intent for Homeplace?
4. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
5. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dillon still so conflicted in his relationship with Jackie?
2. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
3. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
4. How does Tom's behavior show that he is still conflicted about being a priest in spite of the bishop's absolution?
5. What open job does Dillon tell Jackie about and what does he promise to do if she takes it?
6. What threat does the dam pose and how do Dillon and Arthur Lee differ in how to manage the problem?
7. What impact can Dillon see that the strike will have on the way of life he has known?
8. What is Jackie's role in the miners' strike as a member of the press?
9. What miracle has Hassel seen?
10. Why do the family graves need to be moved after the American Coal Company obtains rights to Homeplace?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)