|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie rescue of the scattered remains to give to Dillon?
(a) A foot.
(b) A skull.
(c) A hand.
(d) An arm.
2. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(b) Art History.
3. What does Tom finally confess to Jackie?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He left the priesthood.
(d) He is divorced.
4. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That he can get a raise.
(b) That his son will find a good wife.
(c) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
(d) That his wife will get well.
5. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jackie is upset because _____________ has left the area.
2. What happens when the dam begins to breach?
3. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
4. In what year does "God's Bones" take place?
5. A doctor from which town comes looking for Dillon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hassel help Tom out when he learns that the bishop is coming for a visit?
2. How have Jackie and Tom's feelings for each other paralleled those shared by Dillon and Rachel?
3. Where does Jackie find Tom the morning after the dam burst and what does she tell him even though he is already dead?
4. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
5. Describe the poignancy of Dillon being present for Rachel's death in the hospital.
6. What are the possible interpretations of Tom's telling Jackie that they are "not done" yet?
7. Why is Dillon still so conflicted in his relationship with Jackie?
8. How does Dillon exhibit his loyalty both in his personal and professional life?
9. What does Jackie study in college and what job does she take in Washington?
10. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)