|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
(a) His family.
(d) His feelings for her.
2. Why is Tom disheartened by saying Mass every Sunday?
(a) No one contributes to the collection.
(b) No one ever attends.
(c) He has a hard time getting converts.
(d) No one helps him build a church.
3. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) George Bush.
(b) James Taylor.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Lech Walesa.
4. Jackie talks to Dillon about her feelings regarding _________________.
(a) her job.
(b) her father.
(c) her mother.
5. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(c) Art History.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
2. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
3. Who/what is Rachel looking at when she dies?
4. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
5. What is the name of the coal company which has negative intent for Homeplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dillon still so conflicted in his relationship with Jackie?
2. What are the possible interpretations of Tom's telling Jackie that they are "not done" yet?
3. What threat does the dam pose and how do Dillon and Arthur Lee differ in how to manage the problem?
4. What is Jackie's role in the miners' strike as a member of the press?
5. What impact can Dillon see that the strike will have on the way of life he has known?
6. How has Rachel's illness impacted her life?
7. What are Dillon's emotional reasons for telling Jackie that he is her father?
8. How have Jackie and Tom's feelings for each other paralleled those shared by Dillon and Rachel?
9. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
10. Why do the family graves need to be moved after the American Coal Company obtains rights to Homeplace?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)