|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon promise to do if Jackie takes the job in #105?
(a) Move to California.
(b) Quit smoking.
(c) Get married.
(d) Quit the labor strikes.
2. What does Dillon finally admit to Jackie?
(a) That she was adopted.
(b) That Tom wants to marry her.
(c) That he secretly married her mother.
(d) That he is her father.
3. A doctor from which town comes looking for Dillon?
4. Jackie spends a year in which country?
5. What does the company in #134 plan to do in Homeplace?
(a) Reduce wages.
(b) Sell the mines.
(c) Strip mine the area.
(d) Close the mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie rescue of the scattered remains to give to Dillon?
2. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
3. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
4. What does the company in #134 do regarding Homeplace?
5. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Jackie's profession allow her to shed light on the poverty and suffering of people in her hometown?
2. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
3. What comfort can Jackie take away from Tom's death?
4. What does Jackie study in college and what job does she take in Washington?
5. How have Jackie and Tom's feelings for each other paralleled those shared by Dillon and Rachel?
6. Why is Dillon still so conflicted in his relationship with Jackie?
7. What miracle has Hassel seen?
8. What does Tom advise Jackie to do when he unexpectedly show up in town?
9. What impact can Dillon see that the strike will have on the way of life he has known?
10. Where does Jackie find Tom the morning after the dam burst and what does she tell him even though he is already dead?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)