|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He faints.
(b) He chokes Arthur Lee.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
2. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
(c) Sim's father's.
(d) Dillon's father's.
3. With whom does Brenda fall in love?
(d) Tommie Boy.
4. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Jackie's wedding.
(b) A black lung demonstration.
(c) A peace protest march.
(d) Jackie's graduation.
5. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Lech Walesa.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Ralph Nader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
2. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
3. Where does Tom move to eventually?
4. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
5. Why is Tom disheartened by saying Mass every Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hassel help Tom out when he learns that the bishop is coming for a visit?
2. How does Lech Walesa's broken promise to come to support the coal miners' strike symbolize a lack of support for the region?
3. What does Tom advise Jackie to do when he unexpectedly show up in town?
4. What are Dillon's emotional reasons for telling Jackie that he is her father?
5. What is Jackie's role in the miners' strike as a member of the press?
6. Why is Dillon driven to tell Jackie that he is her father?
7. What comfort can Jackie take away from Tom's death?
8. How does Dillon show his devotion to Rachel at her funeral?
9. What happens when the machine involved in moving the graves malfunctions?
10. Where does Jackie encounter Tom again and what are the circumstances that have them spending more time together?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)