|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon do with the skull given to her by Fred?
(a) He stores it in a box.
(b) He buries it.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He throws it in the river.
2. Who is Rachel's mother?
3. Who does Rachel marry?
4. About what topic does Dillon obsess?
5. What is the color of the coat that Rachel wears that bleeds out onto her white dress when it rained?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Dillon play with Jackie?
2. Why does Tony not come to help Rachel when her transportation breaks down in the mountains?
3. Where does Tony go when he leaves the house?
4. How is Dillon related to Rachel?
5. What form of transportation does Rachel use to travel around and care for the sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons do Dillon and Fiona have for not wanting Rachel to go away to nursing school?
2. Who is Fred and how does he disappoint Rachel?
3. Why does Rachel stay in her unhappy marriage with Tony?
4. Why does Dillon feel compelled to lead the strike in spite of the trouble between him and Rachel?
5. What are Dillon's feelings for Rachel and why does she try to keep him at a distance?
6. In contrast to how Tony treats Jackie, how does Dillon treat her when she stays with him?
7. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
8. What does little Jackie recall about Dillon's visits to see her mother?
9. How does Dillon's prison sentence negatively impact his relationship with Rachel?
10. Who does Rachel marry after Fred abandons her?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)