|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tony go when he leaves the house?
(a) A motel.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) His buddy's house.
(d) His office.
2. Who does Rachel marry?
3. Why does Jackie swear she will hate Tony forever?
(a) He shot her dog.
(b) He hits her mother.
(c) He won't buy her the doll she wants.
(d) He kills her pet spiders.
4. What is the river that runs through the region where the story takes place?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Kentucky River.
(d) Blackberry River.
5. Which U.S. President does Rachel see on TV talking about poverty?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Carter.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel want to become?
2. A TV crew wants to film a company donating _____________ to local schoolchildren.
3. How old is Toejam Day?
4. Why are Rachel and Tommie teased in their jobs?
5. Who is the first boy who Rachel kisses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rachel Honaker and what are her feelings for Dillon?
2. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
3. Why does Rachel's mother not want Rachel to marry Dillon?
4. How do Dillon's disappointments by people he idolizes impact his behavior?
5. What is Fiona's interest in the Kentucky Derby?
6. What possibilities does Arthur Lee consider doing when Rachel tells him that she loves Dillon?
7. In contrast to how Tony treats Jackie, how does Dillon treat her when she stays with him?
8. Who is Tony Angelelli?
9. Why does Rachel stay in her unhappy marriage with Tony?
10. How does Dillon begin to act bolder when Rachel is grieving for her mother?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)