|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rachel and Jackie's new house is near which mine?
(a) Number Three.
(b) Number Thirteen.
(c) Number Seventeen.
(d) Number One.
2. Jackie thinks the young man in #77 looks like ____________________.
(a) Paul McCartney.
(b) Peter Noone.
(c) John Lennon.
(d) Mick Jagger.
3. Who had lived in Rachel and Jackie's house before them?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A union organizer.
(d) A doctor.
4. Rachel's boyfriend's family is from which Southern city?
(d) New Orleans.
5. A man from which government agency shows up at Dillon's house to tell him that there is an injunction against the strike?
(a) The Secret Service.
(b) The C.I.A.
(c) The A.T.F.
(d) The F.B.I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Dillon play with Jackie?
2. Why are Rachel and Tommie teased in their jobs?
3. What is Tony's job?
4. Who is Dillon's mother?
5. Who does Rachel think is the father of her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dillon's disappointments by people he idolizes impact his behavior?
2. What are Dillon's feelings for Rachel and why does she try to keep him at a distance?
3. After the war, why does Rachel fight her attraction to Dillon even though he is even more good-looking now?
4. Who is Tony Angelelli?
5. How does Dillon mirror his father's life regarding standing up for the coal miners?
6. What possibilities does Arthur Lee consider doing when Rachel tells him that she loves Dillon?
7. What is Appalachia and what does Rachel surprisingly udiscover about it?
8. Who is Fred and how does he disappoint Rachel?
9. What secret does Rachel keep from Dillon that plays a large part in her decision to live with Arthur Lee?
10. What does Jackie know about what Arthur Lee does to harm the people in the Number Thirteen community?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)