|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rachel and Tommie work as army nurses?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) The Phillippines.
2. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
3. Rachel admits to Tommie that she really cares for whom?
4. What does Tony do with Jackie when he takes her to the Moose Club?
(a) Leaves her alone in a room with pool tables.
(b) Makes fun of her when she won't drink beer.
(c) Makes her wait in the car.
(d) Refuses to buy her any supper.
5. In what year does Dillon get out of jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel think is the father of her baby?
2. What is Tony's job?
3. Who does Rachel refuse to marry?
4. With what disease is Rachel diagnosed?
5. What does Rachel want to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Rachel marry after Fred abandons her?
2. What is Fiona's interest in the Kentucky Derby?
3. Why does Rachel stay in her unhappy marriage with Tony?
4. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
5. How does Tony treat Jackie when Rachel takes her very ill mother to the hospital?
6. How do Dillon's disappointments by people he idolizes impact his behavior?
7. What does little Jackie recall about Dillon's visits to see her mother?
8. After the war, why does Rachel fight her attraction to Dillon even though he is even more good-looking now?
9. Who is Fred and how does he disappoint Rachel?
10. What is Appalachia and what does Rachel surprisingly udiscover about it?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)