|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rachel and Tommie work as army nurses?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) The Phillippines.
2. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
3. How does Tommie die?
(a) In battle.
(b) In a car accident.
(d) In a plane crash.
4. What does Dillon take Jackie up to Trace Mountain to see?
(a) His uncle's cabin.
(b) A moonshine still.
(c) A cave.
(d) The spectacular view.
5. What does Dillon NOT do when he sees Rachel after the war?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Swings her around.
(c) Proclaims his love for her.
(d) Ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do with Jackie when he takes her to the Moose Club?
2. What is VISTA?
3. With what is Jackie afflicted at the age of eight?
4. Who is Rachel's mother?
5. Why does Rachel refuse to leave Tony?
Short Essay Questions
1. In contrast to how Tony treats Jackie, how does Dillon treat her when she stays with him?
2. Who is Tony Angelelli?
3. Who is the father of Rachel's baby and why does she refrain from making her love for Dillon public?
4. Who is Rachel Honaker and what are her feelings for Dillon?
5. Who is Fred and how does he disappoint Rachel?
6. What makes Rachel ultimately surrender to her love for Dillon?
7. After the war, why does Rachel fight her attraction to Dillon even though he is even more good-looking now?
8. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
9. Why does Rachel stay in her unhappy marriage with Tony?
10. How is Jackie like her mother in that she falls in love with a man she cannot have?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)