|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rachel's marriage begins to fall apart, why does she not leave?
(a) She thinks he will change.
(b) She wants to give it more time.
(c) It is against her religion.
(d) She wants a child.
2. What is Dillon's last name?
3. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is ambitious.
(c) He is Catholic.
(d) He is handsome.
4. Why does Rachel scream at Tony when he comes home with Jackie?
(a) She has been trying to call him all night.
(b) She can tell Jackie has had some beer.
(c) He spent all his paycheck before he got home.
(d) He had left all the windows open and it rained in the house.
5. What game does Dillon play with Jackie?
(d) A Civil War game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jackie swear she will hate Tony forever?
2. Why does Rachel refuse to leave Tony?
3. What does Rachel want to become?
4. One day Tony tells Jackie that _______________ is sick and in the hospital.
5. Who is Arthur Lee Sizemore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel's mother not want Rachel to marry Dillon?
2. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
3. What is Appalachia and what does Rachel surprisingly udiscover about it?
4. What is Fiona's interest in the Kentucky Derby?
5. What does Jackie study in college and what job does she take in Washington?
6. In contrast to how Tony treats Jackie, how does Dillon treat her when she stays with him?
7. Why do the family graves need to be moved after the American Coal Company obtains rights to Homeplace?
8. Who does Rachel marry after Fred abandons her?
9. How does Dillon exhibit his loyalty both in his personal and professional life?
10. Why is Dillon still so conflicted in his relationship with Jackie?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)