|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jackie swear she will hate Tony forever?
(a) He shot her dog.
(b) He won't buy her the doll she wants.
(c) He kills her pet spiders.
(d) He hits her mother.
2. What does Dillon NOT do when he sees Rachel after the war?
(a) Swings her around.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Proclaims his love for her.
(d) Ignores her.
3. Who had lived in Rachel and Jackie's house before them?
(a) A union organizer.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
4. Who is Arthur Lee Sizemore?
(a) The Baptist minister.
(b) The manager of the local mines.
(c) The IGA manager.
(d) The local newspaper editor.
5. Where do Rachel and Tommie work as army nurses?
(a) The Phillippines.
(b) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what topic does Dillon obsess?
2. How is Dillon related to Rachel?
3. Jackie thinks the young man in #77 looks like ____________________.
4. What does Dillon make for Jackie for supper?
5. When Rachel's marriage begins to fall apart, why does she not leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the father of Rachel's baby and why does she refrain from making her love for Dillon public?
2. In contrast to how Tony treats Jackie, how does Dillon treat her when she stays with him?
3. What secret does Rachel keep from Dillon that plays a large part in her decision to live with Arthur Lee?
4. How does Dillon's prison sentence negatively impact his relationship with Rachel?
5. Who is Tony Angelelli?
6. What possibilities does Arthur Lee consider doing when Rachel tells him that she loves Dillon?
7. How does Dillon begin to act bolder when Rachel is grieving for her mother?
8. After the war, why does Rachel fight her attraction to Dillon even though he is even more good-looking now?
9. What reasons do Dillon and Fiona have for not wanting Rachel to go away to nursing school?
10. Who does Rachel marry after Fred abandons her?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)