|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Fred told Rachel he was going to go to marry her?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) New York.
2. Where do Rachel and Tommie work as army nurses?
(a) The Phillippines.
(d) Washington D.C.
3. Who does Rachel think is the father of her baby?
(b) She is not sure.
4. Who is Dillon's mother?
5. Who is Arthur Lee Sizemore?
(a) The local newspaper editor.
(b) The IGA manager.
(c) The Baptist minister.
(d) The manager of the local mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rachel's father going to Norfolk?
2. Who had lived in Rachel and Jackie's house before them?
3. Where is Dillon stationed after he joins the army?
4. What does Dillon do with the skull given to her by Fred?
5. A man from which government agency shows up at Dillon's house to tell him that there is an injunction against the strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dillon begin to act bolder when Rachel is grieving for her mother?
2. What is Appalachia and what does Rachel surprisingly udiscover about it?
3. What makes Rachel ultimately surrender to her love for Dillon?
4. Who is Tony Angelelli?
5. How does Tony treat Jackie when Rachel takes her very ill mother to the hospital?
6. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
7. How does Dillon mirror his father's life regarding standing up for the coal miners?
8. Why does Rachel stay in her unhappy marriage with Tony?
9. Why is Rachel conflicted in her feelings even though she has found a rich boy who wants to marry her?
10. Who is the father of Rachel's baby and why does she refrain from making her love for Dillon public?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)