|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Dillon play with Jackie?
(b) A Civil War game.
2. Who had lived in Rachel and Jackie's house before them?
(a) A union organizer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What is the color of the coat that Rachel wears that bleeds out onto her white dress when it rained?
4. How is Dillon related to Rachel?
(a) They are not related.
(b) They are second cousins.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are cousins.
5. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
(a) He is Catholic.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is ambitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vocation of the young man in #77?
2. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
3. In what town is Dillon's house located?
4. With what is Jackie afflicted at the age of eight?
5. Jackie thinks the young man in #77 looks like ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jackie know about what Arthur Lee does to harm the people in the Number Thirteen community?
2. Who is the father of Rachel's baby and why does she refrain from making her love for Dillon public?
3. In contrast to how Tony treats Jackie, how does Dillon treat her when she stays with him?
4. What are Dillon's feelings for Rachel and why does she try to keep him at a distance?
5. Who does Rachel marry after Fred abandons her?
6. How does Tony treat Jackie when Rachel takes her very ill mother to the hospital?
7. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
8. What reasons do Dillon and Fiona have for not wanting Rachel to go away to nursing school?
9. What secret does Rachel keep from Dillon that plays a large part in her decision to live with Arthur Lee?
10. What is Fiona's interest in the Kentucky Derby?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)