|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dillon's father's job before he died?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A labor organizer.
2. What is the vocation of the young man in #77?
3. Who does Rachel marry?
4. Where is Dillon stationed after he joins the army?
5. What does Dillon make for Jackie for supper?
(a) Hot dogs and pork and beans.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Burgers and fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is Dillon's house located?
2. Who is Rachel's mother?
3. Who leads a strike of hundreds of miners in a labor dispute?
4. Where does Dillon go to join the army?
5. In what city is Dillon serving time in a federal penitentiary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel's mother not want Rachel to marry Dillon?
2. What reasons do Dillon and Fiona have for not wanting Rachel to go away to nursing school?
3. Who is the father of Rachel's baby and why does she refrain from making her love for Dillon public?
4. What secret does Rachel keep from Dillon that plays a large part in her decision to live with Arthur Lee?
5. What is Appalachia and what does Rachel surprisingly udiscover about it?
6. What makes Rachel ultimately surrender to her love for Dillon?
7. What possibilities does Arthur Lee consider doing when Rachel tells him that she loves Dillon?
8. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
9. After the war, why does Rachel fight her attraction to Dillon even though he is even more good-looking now?
10. How is Jackie like her mother in that she falls in love with a man she cannot have?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)