|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dillon's father's job before he died?
(a) A labor organizer.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A construction worker.
2. What does Rachel name her baby?
3. Where had Fred told Rachel he was going to go to marry her?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) New York.
4. Who is Dillon's mother?
5. Who is shot in the head and will live brain damaged for the rest of her/his life?
(a) Arthur Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what topic does Dillon obsess?
2. Rachel tells Dillon that they can't become romantically involved because _____________________.
3. Where does Dillon go to join the army?
4. What is VISTA?
5. What does Dillon want Rachel to do after they have declared their love for each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fiona's interest in the Kentucky Derby?
2. What does Jackie know about what Arthur Lee does to harm the people in the Number Thirteen community?
3. Why is Rachel conflicted in her feelings even though she has found a rich boy who wants to marry her?
4. What reasons do Dillon and Fiona have for not wanting Rachel to go away to nursing school?
5. Who is the father of Rachel's baby and why does she refrain from making her love for Dillon public?
6. How does Dillon mirror his father's life regarding standing up for the coal miners?
7. What are Dillon's feelings for Rachel and why does she try to keep him at a distance?
8. What possibilities does Arthur Lee consider doing when Rachel tells him that she loves Dillon?
9. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
10. How does Dillon's prison sentence negatively impact his relationship with Rachel?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)