|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rachel admits to Tommie that she really cares for whom?
2. What does Rachel want to become?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A singer.
(d) An actress.
3. Which U.S. President does Rachel see on TV talking about poverty?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Carter.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Kennedy.
4. In what state does the story take place?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) North Carolina.
5. Who is Rachel's roommate at nursing school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel's relationship with Fred end?
2. In what city is Dillon serving time in a federal penitentiary?
3. What type of business does Dillon plan to open with Sim Gore?
4. A man from which government agency shows up at Dillon's house to tell him that there is an injunction against the strike?
5. About what topic does Dillon obsess?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tony treat Jackie when Rachel takes her very ill mother to the hospital?
2. How does Dillon's prison sentence negatively impact his relationship with Rachel?
3. Who is Tony Angelelli?
4. Who does Rachel marry after Fred abandons her?
5. Why does Rachel stay in her unhappy marriage with Tony?
6. How do Carrie and Fiona differ in their opinions about a romantic relationship between Dillon and Rachel?
7. Why does Rachel's mother not want Rachel to marry Dillon?
8. What secret does Rachel keep from Dillon that plays a large part in her decision to live with Arthur Lee?
9. What does Jackie know about what Arthur Lee does to harm the people in the Number Thirteen community?
10. What makes Rachel ultimately surrender to her love for Dillon?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)