|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tony's job?
(d) Store manager.
2. What does Dillon make for Jackie for supper?
(a) Burgers and fries.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Hot dogs and pork and beans.
3. With what disease is Rachel diagnosed?
(a) Rheumatic fever.
4. Who is the first boy who Rachel kisses?
(a) Dillon Freeman.
(b) Sean Patterson.
(c) Jimmy Morton.
(d) Tony Angelelli.
5. In what state does the story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is Dillon's house located?
2. Rachel admits to Tommie that she really cares for whom?
3. With what is Jackie afflicted at the age of eight?
4. Why does everyone in her seventh grade class hate Jackie?
5. To what church do Rachel and Jackie belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons do Dillon and Fiona have for not wanting Rachel to go away to nursing school?
2. What does Jackie know about what Arthur Lee does to harm the people in the Number Thirteen community?
3. Who does Rachel marry after Fred abandons her?
4. Who is Dillon Freeman and why does he idolize his dead father?
5. After the war, why does Rachel fight her attraction to Dillon even though he is even more good-looking now?
6. Who is Fred and how does he disappoint Rachel?
7. How does Tony treat Jackie when Rachel takes her very ill mother to the hospital?
8. How do Dillon's disappointments by people he idolizes impact his behavior?
9. Why does Rachel's mother not want Rachel to marry Dillon?
10. Who is Rachel Honaker and what are her feelings for Dillon?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)