|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom move to eventually?
(c) Costa Rica.
2. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
3. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He chokes Arthur Lee.
(b) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
(c) He faints.
(d) He vomits.
4. In what year does "God's Bones" take place?
5. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(c) Poison ivy.
6. What does Tom do when he is depressed?
(a) He drives around in his car.
(b) He puts on sad records.
(c) He drinks alcohol.
(d) He smokes marijuana.
7. Who is Sim's son who is missing in the flood?
8. What happens when the machine moving the graves malfunctions?
(a) The machine cannot be repaired for quite awhile.
(b) Remains are scattered all over the ground.
(c) The machine falls over.
(d) The machine tumbles down a hill.
9. Against which company do the coal miners wage a strike?
(a) West Virginia Mining Corp.
(b) Wheeling Mine Company.
(c) The International Oil Corp.
(d) All American Coal Corp.
10. At the picket line, someone puts up a sign that says ____________________.
(a) Poland, West Virginia.
(b) The South Will Rise Again.
(c) Dead End.
(d) End of the Road.
11. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) the United States.
(c) a heart.
(d) the face of Jesus.
12. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(d) Arthur Lee.
13. What topic does Dillon talk to Jackie about so that she will write an editorial?
(a) The lack of doctors coming to the area.
(b) The abuse of drugs by young people.
(c) The availability of college scholarships.
(d) The dangerous situation with the dam.
14. When Dillon gets to the hospital, Jackie tells him that Rachel is dying because ____________________.
(a) she has end-stage cancer.
(b) her lungs are filling with water.
(c) she has had a brain aneurysm.
(d) she has had a bad heart attack.
15. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
(a) Lech Walesa.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Ralph Nader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
2. Tom tells the bishop that he is a/an _________________ priest.
3. What is the name of the organization run by the man in #101?
4. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
5. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)