|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the dam begins to breach?
(a) Arthur Lee saves Dillon.
(b) Arthur Lee sounds the alarm.
(c) Arthur Lee can't make it back to his car.
(d) Arthur Lee is swept away.
2. What does the company in #134 do regarding Homeplace?
(a) They obtain rights to Homeplace.
(b) They sell Homeplace.
(c) They withdraw funding for Homeplace.
(d) They film a TV documentary there.
3. What does Tom grab on to to keep from being washed away in the water?
(a) A tree.
(b) A chimney.
(c) A flag pole.
(d) A utility pole.
4. Who is Sim's son who is missing in the flood?
5. Who inspects the dam with Dillon?
(c) Arthur Lee.
6. Jackie is upset because _____________ has left the area.
(b) Arthur Lee.
7. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(c) He stays in bed.
(d) He visits her grave.
8. What does Tom do when he is depressed?
(a) He smokes marijuana.
(b) He drives around in his car.
(c) He puts on sad records.
(d) He drinks alcohol.
9. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) the United States.
(b) a heart.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) the face of Jesus.
10. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(b) Arthur Lee.
11. Where does Tom move to eventually?
(d) Costa Rica.
12. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
(c) His family.
(d) His feelings for her.
13. What does Hassel pick up while at the Governor's Office?
(a) New license plates.
(b) An autographed photo.
(c) A decal for his windshield.
(d) A book on West Virginia history.
14. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
(a) The Standard Oil Company.
(b) The International Oil Corp.
(c) International Business Machines.
15. What is the name of the coal company which has negative intent for Homeplace?
(a) The American Coal Company.
(b) West Virginia Mining Company.
(c) The U.S. Drilling Company.
(d) Wheeling Coal Mines Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against which company do the coal miners wage a strike?
2. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
3. What does Dillon promise to do if Jackie takes the job in #105?
4. Dillon vows to see Rachel ___________________.
5. Who supervises the moving of the family graves in order to save them before they are dug up?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)