|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
(c) Arthur Lee.
2. What does Dillon finally admit to Jackie?
(a) That he secretly married her mother.
(b) That he is her father.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That Tom wants to marry her.
3. Between what years does "Death by Water" take place?
4. What does Jackie rescue of the scattered remains to give to Dillon?
(a) A foot.
(b) A hand.
(c) A skull.
(d) An arm.
5. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Jackie's wedding.
(b) Jackie's graduation.
(c) A peace protest march.
(d) A black lung demonstration.
6. From what addiction does Tom suffer?
(c) Drug abuse.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
7. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
(b) His family.
(c) His feelings for her.
8. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That he can get a raise.
(b) That his son will find a good wife.
(c) That his wife will get well.
(d) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
9. What happens when the machine moving the graves malfunctions?
(a) The machine tumbles down a hill.
(b) Remains are scattered all over the ground.
(c) The machine cannot be repaired for quite awhile.
(d) The machine falls over.
10. Against which company do the coal miners wage a strike?
(a) The International Oil Corp.
(b) West Virginia Mining Corp.
(c) Wheeling Mine Company.
(d) All American Coal Corp.
11. What is carried in the doctor's container?
(a) A pair of black lungs.
(d) Seed corn.
12. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
(a) A bucket.
(b) A basket.
(c) A jar.
(d) A bowl.
13. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) James Taylor.
(b) Lech Walesa.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
14. What does Hassel pick up while at the Governor's Office?
(a) A decal for his windshield.
(b) An autographed photo.
(c) A book on West Virginia history.
(d) New license plates.
15. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
(a) Because it is dying.
(b) Because she needs a bigger career.
(c) Because she loves the big city.
(d) Because he wants her to travel with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has threatened to bring criminal charges against Tom if he doesn't shut down his VISTA activities?
2. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
3. Jackie spends a year in which country?
4. What does the company in #134 plan to do in Homeplace?
5. How many people agree to attend mass when the bishop comes?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)