|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
(d) Costa Rica.
2. Rachel is taken by helicopter to a cardiac unit of a hospital in which city?
3. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
(a) A jar.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A basket.
4. Who is Lech Walesa?
(a) Polish band leader.
(b) Polish astronaut.
(c) Polish Olympic skater.
(d) Polish union leader.
5. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
(a) Rachel's last words to Dillon.
(b) a poem.
(c) a line from a movie.
(d) Dillon's last words to Rachel.
6. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
(a) To get a bridge built in Justice.
(b) To petition for a stay of execution.
(c) To invite him to their annual festival.
(d) To offer campaign assistance.
7. What does Dillon finally admit to Jackie?
(a) That Tom wants to marry her.
(b) That he is her father.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That he secretly married her mother.
8. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(d) Art History.
9. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) a heart.
(c) the face of Jesus.
(d) the United States.
10. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(b) He visits her grave.
(c) He stays in bed.
(d) He gets drunk.
11. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That he can get a raise.
(b) That his wife will get well.
(c) That his son will find a good wife.
(d) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
12. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(c) Poison ivy.
13. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
(a) he is never coming back.
(b) they aren't done yet.
(c) he wants to marry her.
(d) he will be back tomorrow.
14. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
(a) It stops working.
(b) It sounds an alarm.
(c) It explodes.
(d) The dam overruns.
15. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
(b) Dillon's father's.
(c) Sim's father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel hire a cook and housekeeper?
2. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
3. Tom tells the bishop that he is a/an _________________ priest.
4. Tom and Jackie make love before he goes to _________________.
5. What does the company in #134 plan to do in Homeplace?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)