|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Lech Walesa.
(d) James Taylor.
2. Why does Tom leave Honduras?
(a) He realizes that he needs to be near Jackie.
(b) He was transferred by the diocese.
(c) He was kicked out for a political reason.
(d) He gets malaria and needs a good hospital.
3. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
(b) Doyle Ray.
4. At the picket line, someone puts up a sign that says ____________________.
(a) Poland, West Virginia.
(b) The South Will Rise Again.
(c) End of the Road.
(d) Dead End.
5. What does Dillon promise to do if Jackie takes the job in #105?
(a) Quit the labor strikes.
(b) Get married.
(c) Move to California.
(d) Quit smoking.
6. In what year does "God's Bones" take place?
7. What part of his body does Dillon injure when he falls down a hill?
(a) His arm.
(b) His back.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
8. What does Hassel pick up while at the Governor's Office?
(a) A decal for his windshield.
(b) An autographed photo.
(c) A book on West Virginia history.
(d) New license plates.
9. What does the company in #134 plan to do in Homeplace?
(a) Reduce wages.
(b) Close the mines.
(c) Sell the mines.
(d) Strip mine the area.
10. What happens when the dam begins to breach?
(a) Arthur Lee is swept away.
(b) Arthur Lee saves Dillon.
(c) Arthur Lee can't make it back to his car.
(d) Arthur Lee sounds the alarm.
11. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(b) Arthur Lee.
12. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
13. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
(a) A basket.
(b) A jar.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A bucket.
14. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
(a) Sim's father's.
(b) Dillon's father's.
15. Dillon vows to see Rachel ___________________.
(a) when she wakes up.
(b) every day.
(c) in heaven.
(d) in her dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Dillon talk to Jackie about so that she will write an editorial?
2. What do Dillon and Arthur Lee do after the dam bursts?
3. In what town does Jackie buy a house?
4. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
5. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)