|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom finally confess to Jackie?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is divorced.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He left the priesthood.
2. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
(a) It stops working.
(b) It sounds an alarm.
(c) The dam overruns.
(d) It explodes.
3. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
(a) a poem.
(b) a line from a movie.
(c) Rachel's last words to Dillon.
(d) Dillon's last words to Rachel.
4. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
(a) Ralph Nader.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Lech Walesa.
5. What happens to Tom that produces a fatal injury?
(a) He is hit in the head with flying rocks.
(b) A large piece of wood lodges in his chest.
(c) His body is bashed against a stone building.
(d) He gets trapped in electrical wires.
6. When Dillon gets to the hospital, Jackie tells him that Rachel is dying because ____________________.
(a) she has had a brain aneurysm.
(b) she has end-stage cancer.
(c) her lungs are filling with water.
(d) she has had a bad heart attack.
7. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
(b) Sim's father's.
(c) Dillon's father's.
8. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
(c) Costa Rica.
9. Who is Lech Walesa?
(a) Polish union leader.
(b) Polish band leader.
(c) Polish Olympic skater.
(d) Polish astronaut.
10. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
(a) That he secretly paid for her college education.
(b) That he may be her father.
(c) That he and her mother were secretly married.
(d) That he is going to be moving away.
11. From what addiction does Tom suffer?
(a) Drug abuse.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
12. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
(b) That he can get a raise.
(c) That his son will find a good wife.
(d) That his wife will get well.
13. What is carried in the doctor's container?
(b) A pair of black lungs.
(c) Seed corn.
14. Who dies in Jackie's arms?
(a) Arthur Lee.
15. In what town does Jackie buy a house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dillon vows to see Rachel ___________________.
2. What is the name of the coal company which has negative intent for Homeplace?
3. What does Dillon promise to do if Jackie takes the job in #105?
4. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
5. Who does Jackie run into while in Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)