|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
(a) she is a member of the press.
(b) she is scheduled to speak.
(c) she is not causing any trouble.
(d) she is in no danger.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) His family.
3. Who does Jackie run into while in Washington, D.C.?
(c) Arthur Lee.
4. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
(b) The Standard Oil Company.
(c) The International Oil Corp.
(d) International Business Machines.
5. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
(b) the Cervantes Center.
(c) the Pentagon.
(d) the Peace Corps.
6. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(d) Art History.
7. Where is Tom's body taken after he is injured?
(a) Charleston Hospital.
(b) The Red Cross station.
(c) The mining office.
(d) Holiness Church.
8. Dillon tells Jackie about a job opening for a/an __________________ back home.
(c) newspaper editor.
(d) social worker.
9. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
(a) That he may be her father.
(b) That he and her mother were secretly married.
(c) That he is going to be moving away.
(d) That he secretly paid for her college education.
10. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(c) Poison ivy.
11. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A basket.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A jar.
12. Why does Tom leave Honduras?
(a) He gets malaria and needs a good hospital.
(b) He was kicked out for a political reason.
(c) He realizes that he needs to be near Jackie.
(d) He was transferred by the diocese.
13. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
(d) Arthur Lee.
14. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
(a) Doyle Ray.
15. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
(a) he wants to marry her.
(b) he will be back tomorrow.
(c) they aren't done yet.
(d) he is never coming back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
2. What does Tom grab on to to keep from being washed away in the water?
3. What part of his body does Dillon injure when he falls down a hill?
4. Rachel is taken by helicopter to a cardiac unit of a hospital in which city?
5. Tom and Jackie make love before he goes to _________________.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)