|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
(a) That he is going to be moving away.
(b) That he secretly paid for her college education.
(c) That he may be her father.
(d) That he and her mother were secretly married.
2. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
3. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(c) Arthur Lee.
4. What does Jackie write editorials about during this period?
(a) The coal miners strike.
(b) The school levy.
(c) The presidential election.
(d) The new hospital.
5. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Lech Walesa.
(c) Ralph Nader.
(d) George Bush.
6. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(a) Art History.
7. What does Jackie rescue of the scattered remains to give to Dillon?
(a) A foot.
(b) A hand.
(c) A skull.
(d) An arm.
8. What question does Jackie ask Dillon that makes him clam up?
(a) If he believes in God.
(b) If he has ever been arrested.
(c) If he's ever been in love.
(d) If he would loan her some money.
9. Who supervises the moving of the family graves in order to save them before they are dug up?
(c) Arthur Lee.
10. What does Jackie tell Tom even though he is dead when she reaches him?
(a) She will miss him forever.
(b) She will never love anyone else.
(c) He was the best man she ever knew.
(d) We're not done yet.
11. Why is Tom disheartened by saying Mass every Sunday?
(a) No one ever attends.
(b) No one helps him build a church.
(c) No one contributes to the collection.
(d) He has a hard time getting converts.
12. What is the name of the newspaper where Jackie takes a job?
(a) Justice Dispatch.
(b) Justice Advocate.
(c) Justice Clarion.
(d) Justice Gazette.
13. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(b) He visits her grave.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He stays in bed.
14. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
(a) A basket.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A jar.
15. What is carried in the doctor's container?
(b) Seed corn.
(d) A pair of black lungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
2. What happens when the dam begins to breach?
3. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
4. What topic does Dillon talk to Jackie about so that she will write an editorial?
5. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)