|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
(a) he wants to marry her.
(b) they aren't done yet.
(c) he will be back tomorrow.
(d) he is never coming back.
2. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(b) He visits her grave.
(c) He stays in bed.
(d) He gets drunk.
3. Who tells Jackie that she looks more like Dillon all the time?
4. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
(a) she is scheduled to speak.
(b) she is in no danger.
(c) she is not causing any trouble.
(d) she is a member of the press.
5. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
(a) Costa Rica.
6. What does Jackie write editorials about during this period?
(a) The coal miners strike.
(b) The school levy.
(c) The presidential election.
(d) The new hospital.
7. Who inspects the dam with Dillon?
(b) Arthur Lee.
8. What does Dillon promise to do if Jackie takes the job in #105?
(a) Move to California.
(b) Get married.
(c) Quit smoking.
(d) Quit the labor strikes.
9. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
(a) It sounds an alarm.
(b) It stops working.
(c) The dam overruns.
(d) It explodes.
10. What do Dillon and Arthur Lee do after the dam bursts?
(a) They alert the sheriff.
(b) They alert people in town.
(c) They call the radio station.
(d) They call the EPA.
11. Who unexpectedly returns to town?
12. Why is Tom disheartened by saying Mass every Sunday?
(a) No one contributes to the collection.
(b) No one helps him build a church.
(c) He has a hard time getting converts.
(d) No one ever attends.
13. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
(a) A peace protest march.
(b) Jackie's graduation.
(c) Jackie's wedding.
(d) A black lung demonstration.
14. Where does Tom move to eventually?
(a) Costa Rica.
15. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
(a) the Peace Corps.
(b) the Cervantes Center.
(d) the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
2. What part of his body does Dillon injure when he falls down a hill?
3. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
4. From what addiction does Tom suffer?
5. Between what years does "Death by Water" take place?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)