|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(a) Arthur Lee.
2. What does Dillon promise to do if Jackie takes the job in #105?
(a) Get married.
(b) Quit the labor strikes.
(c) Move to California.
(d) Quit smoking.
3. Dillon tells Jackie about a job opening for a/an __________________ back home.
(a) social worker.
(b) newspaper editor.
4. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
(b) the Pentagon.
(c) the Cervantes Center.
(d) the Peace Corps.
5. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He faints.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He chokes Arthur Lee.
(d) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
6. What does Jackie write editorials about during this period?
(a) The coal miners strike.
(b) The school levy.
(c) The presidential election.
(d) The new hospital.
7. In what town does Jackie buy a house?
8. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
(a) It sounds an alarm.
(b) It stops working.
(c) The dam overruns.
(d) It explodes.
9. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(b) He stays in bed.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He visits her grave.
10. Dillon vows to see Rachel ___________________.
(a) in her dreams.
(b) when she wakes up.
(c) in heaven.
(d) every day.
11. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
(b) International Business Machines.
(c) The International Oil Corp.
(d) The Standard Oil Company.
12. What do Dillon and Arthur Lee do after the dam bursts?
(a) They call the radio station.
(b) They alert people in town.
(c) They call the EPA.
(d) They alert the sheriff.
13. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
(d) Arthur Lee.
14. What does Tom grab on to to keep from being washed away in the water?
(a) A chimney.
(b) A flag pole.
(c) A tree.
(d) A utility pole.
15. Who is Lech Walesa?
(a) Polish astronaut.
(b) Polish Olympic skater.
(c) Polish union leader.
(d) Polish band leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
2. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
3. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
4. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
5. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)