|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tom worried about the bishop's upcoming visit?
(a) He wants to talk to him about leaving the priesthood.
(b) There is only one person who attends mass.
(c) The house he lives in is shabby.
(d) There haven't been any converts to the faith.
2. Who inspects the dam with Dillon?
(d) Arthur Lee.
3. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) a heart.
(b) the United States.
(c) the face of Jesus.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
4. What question does Jackie ask Dillon that makes him clam up?
(a) If he would loan her some money.
(b) If he's ever been in love.
(c) If he has ever been arrested.
(d) If he believes in God.
5. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
(a) To get a bridge built in Justice.
(b) To offer campaign assistance.
(c) To invite him to their annual festival.
(d) To petition for a stay of execution.
6. Why does Tom leave Honduras?
(a) He realizes that he needs to be near Jackie.
(b) He gets malaria and needs a good hospital.
(c) He was kicked out for a political reason.
(d) He was transferred by the diocese.
7. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
(b) Costa Rica.
8. Where does Tom move to eventually?
(d) Costa Rica.
9. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
(a) she is scheduled to speak.
(b) she is in no danger.
(c) she is not causing any trouble.
(d) she is a member of the press.
10. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(b) Poison ivy.
11. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) George Bush.
(b) James Taylor.
(c) Lech Walesa.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
12. Who is Lech Walesa?
(a) Polish astronaut.
(b) Polish band leader.
(c) Polish Olympic skater.
(d) Polish union leader.
13. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
(a) he is never coming back.
(b) he will be back tomorrow.
(c) they aren't done yet.
(d) he wants to marry her.
14. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He faints.
(c) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
(d) He chokes Arthur Lee.
15. What does Dillon finally admit to Jackie?
(a) That he secretly married her mother.
(b) That she was adopted.
(c) That Tom wants to marry her.
(d) That he is her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
2. Who dies in Jackie's arms?
3. Where is Tom's body taken after he is injured?
4. What does Tom do when he is depressed?
5. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)