|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(d) Poison ivy.
2. What is the name of the newspaper where Jackie takes a job?
(a) Justice Clarion.
(b) Justice Gazette.
(c) Justice Dispatch.
(d) Justice Advocate.
3. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
(a) a line from a movie.
(b) Rachel's last words to Dillon.
(c) Dillon's last words to Rachel.
(d) a poem.
4. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
(a) she is a member of the press.
(b) she is not causing any trouble.
(c) she is scheduled to speak.
(d) she is in no danger.
5. What does Tom do when he is depressed?
(a) He drives around in his car.
(b) He smokes marijuana.
(c) He drinks alcohol.
(d) He puts on sad records.
6. Dillon vows to see Rachel ___________________.
(a) when she wakes up.
(b) in heaven.
(c) every day.
(d) in her dreams.
7. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
(a) Because she loves the big city.
(b) Because he wants her to travel with him.
(c) Because it is dying.
(d) Because she needs a bigger career.
8. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
(b) His family.
(d) His feelings for her.
9. What does Jackie rescue of the scattered remains to give to Dillon?
(a) An arm.
(b) A hand.
(c) A foot.
(d) A skull.
10. What is the name of the coal company which has negative intent for Homeplace?
(a) Wheeling Coal Mines Inc.
(b) The American Coal Company.
(c) West Virginia Mining Company.
(d) The U.S. Drilling Company.
11. What does Tom finally confess to Jackie?
(a) He is divorced.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He left the priesthood.
(d) He is gay.
12. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) a heart.
(b) the face of Jesus.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) the United States.
13. Who has threatened to bring criminal charges against Tom if he doesn't shut down his VISTA activities?
(c) Arthur Lee.
14. From what addiction does Tom suffer?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
(b) Drug abuse.
15. What is carried in the doctor's container?
(b) A pair of black lungs.
(d) Seed corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
2. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
3. What does Dillon finally admit to Jackie?
4. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
5. Jackie is upset because _____________ has left the area.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)