|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie tell Tom even though he is dead when she reaches him?
(a) She will never love anyone else.
(b) We're not done yet.
(c) She will miss him forever.
(d) He was the best man she ever knew.
2. What question does Jackie ask Dillon that makes him clam up?
(a) If he would loan her some money.
(b) If he has ever been arrested.
(c) If he's ever been in love.
(d) If he believes in God.
3. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(b) Arthur Lee.
4. What part of his body does Dillon injure when he falls down a hill?
(a) His back.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Tom tells Jackie he has been lying about?
(a) His family.
(c) His feelings for her.
6. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A jar.
(c) A basket.
(d) A bucket.
7. In what town does Jackie buy a house?
8. Who/what is Rachel looking at when she dies?
(a) The sunset.
(b) A floral arrangement.
9. Tom tells the bishop that he is a/an _________________ priest.
10. Why does Rachel hire a cook and housekeeper?
(a) She wants to impress Dillon.
(b) She is too weak to do the work.
(c) She likes to employ local women.
(d) She thinks it makes her look high class.
11. Jackie talks to Dillon about her feelings regarding _________________.
(a) her mother.
(b) her father.
(d) her job.
12. Who has threatened to bring criminal charges against Tom if he doesn't shut down his VISTA activities?
(a) Arthur Lee.
13. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
(b) That he can get a raise.
(c) That his son will find a good wife.
(d) That his wife will get well.
14. Dillon tells Jackie about a job opening for a/an __________________ back home.
(c) newspaper editor.
(d) social worker.
15. What happens when the dam begins to breach?
(a) Arthur Lee sounds the alarm.
(b) Arthur Lee can't make it back to his car.
(c) Arthur Lee saves Dillon.
(d) Arthur Lee is swept away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
2. Jackie is upset because _____________ has left the area.
3. In what year does "God's Bones" take place?
4. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
5. A doctor from which town comes looking for Dillon?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)