|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
2. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(d) Poison ivy.
3. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
(a) the Pentagon.
(b) the Peace Corps.
(d) the Cervantes Center.
4. Jackie is upset because _____________ has left the area.
(b) Arthur Lee.
5. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) a heart.
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(c) the face of Jesus.
(d) the United States.
6. What does Dillon promise to do if Jackie takes the job in #105?
(a) Get married.
(b) Move to California.
(c) Quit smoking.
(d) Quit the labor strikes.
7. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
(a) A jar.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A basket.
8. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) James Taylor.
(c) Lech Walesa.
(d) George Bush.
9. Who/what is Rachel looking at when she dies?
(a) The sunset.
(d) A floral arrangement.
10. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(c) Art History.
11. Where is Tom's body taken after he is injured?
(a) Charleston Hospital.
(b) The Red Cross station.
(c) The mining office.
(d) Holiness Church.
12. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He stays in bed.
(b) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(c) He visits her grave.
(d) He gets drunk.
13. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
(a) Sim's father's.
(d) Dillon's father's.
14. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
(a) Because he wants her to travel with him.
(b) Because she needs a bigger career.
(c) Because she loves the big city.
(d) Because it is dying.
15. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
(a) That he may be her father.
(b) That he is going to be moving away.
(c) That he secretly paid for her college education.
(d) That he and her mother were secretly married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is carried in the doctor's container?
2. With whom does Brenda fall in love?
3. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
4. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
5. What topic does Dillon talk to Jackie about so that she will write an editorial?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)