|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper where Jackie takes a job?
(a) Justice Gazette.
(b) Justice Clarion.
(c) Justice Advocate.
(d) Justice Dispatch.
2. With whom does Brenda fall in love?
(d) Tommie Boy.
3. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
(b) Costa Rica.
4. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
(a) That he may be her father.
(b) That he secretly paid for her college education.
(c) That he is going to be moving away.
(d) That he and her mother were secretly married.
5. Why is Tom worried about the bishop's upcoming visit?
(a) The house he lives in is shabby.
(b) He wants to talk to him about leaving the priesthood.
(c) There is only one person who attends mass.
(d) There haven't been any converts to the faith.
6. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
(a) To get a bridge built in Justice.
(b) To petition for a stay of execution.
(c) To invite him to their annual festival.
(d) To offer campaign assistance.
7. What do Dillon and Arthur Lee do after the dam bursts?
(a) They call the radio station.
(b) They call the EPA.
(c) They alert people in town.
(d) They alert the sheriff.
8. In what town does Jackie buy a house?
9. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
(a) the Peace Corps.
(b) the Pentagon.
(c) the Cervantes Center.
10. What does Tom finally confess to Jackie?
(a) He is divorced.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is gay.
(d) He left the priesthood.
11. Between what years does "Death by Water" take place?
12. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
13. What part of his body does Dillon injure when he falls down a hill?
(a) His back.
(b) His arm.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
14. What question does Jackie ask Dillon that makes him clam up?
(a) If he has ever been arrested.
(b) If he believes in God.
(c) If he would loan her some money.
(d) If he's ever been in love.
15. In what year does "God's Bones" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
2. Why does Tom leave Honduras?
3. What does Tom grab on to to keep from being washed away in the water?
4. Who is Sim's son who is missing in the flood?
5. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)