|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against which company do the coal miners wage a strike?
(a) All American Coal Corp.
(b) The International Oil Corp.
(c) West Virginia Mining Corp.
(d) Wheeling Mine Company.
2. Who tells Jackie that she looks more like Dillon all the time?
3. A doctor from which town comes looking for Dillon?
4. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
(a) Because she loves the big city.
(b) Because he wants her to travel with him.
(c) Because it is dying.
(d) Because she needs a bigger career.
5. What does Hassel pick up while at the Governor's Office?
(a) New license plates.
(b) A decal for his windshield.
(c) An autographed photo.
(d) A book on West Virginia history.
6. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) a heart.
(b) the United States.
(c) the face of Jesus.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
7. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
(a) he will be back tomorrow.
(b) he is never coming back.
(c) he wants to marry her.
(d) they aren't done yet.
8. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) Lech Walesa.
(b) James Taylor.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
9. With whom does Brenda fall in love?
(a) Tommie Boy.
10. Jackie spends a year in which country?
11. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He chokes Arthur Lee.
(c) He faints.
(d) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
12. Who supervises the moving of the family graves in order to save them before they are dug up?
(b) Arthur Lee.
13. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
(a) Rachel's last words to Dillon.
(b) Dillon's last words to Rachel.
(c) a line from a movie.
(d) a poem.
14. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
15. What is the name of the newspaper where Jackie takes a job?
(a) Justice Clarion.
(b) Justice Advocate.
(c) Justice Gazette.
(d) Justice Dispatch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom finally confess to Jackie?
2. Dillon vows to see Rachel ___________________.
3. What does Dillon finally admit to Jackie?
4. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
5. What does Jackie tell Tom even though he is dead when she reaches him?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)