|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
(b) The Standard Oil Company.
(c) International Business Machines.
(d) The International Oil Corp.
2. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
3. Who has threatened to bring criminal charges against Tom if he doesn't shut down his VISTA activities?
(b) Arthur Lee.
4. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
(a) The dam overruns.
(b) It sounds an alarm.
(c) It stops working.
(d) It explodes.
5. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
(a) Rachel's last words to Dillon.
(b) a line from a movie.
(c) a poem.
(d) Dillon's last words to Rachel.
6. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
(a) To invite him to their annual festival.
(b) To get a bridge built in Justice.
(c) To offer campaign assistance.
(d) To petition for a stay of execution.
7. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
8. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
9. In what town does Jackie buy a house?
10. A doctor from which town comes looking for Dillon?
11. The way that the vine grows up the tree is in the shape of ____________________.
(a) the face of Jesus.
(b) the United States.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) a heart.
12. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He faints.
(d) He chokes Arthur Lee.
13. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That his son will find a good wife.
(b) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
(c) That he can get a raise.
(d) That his wife will get well.
14. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(b) Art History.
15. What does the company in #134 do regarding Homeplace?
(a) They sell Homeplace.
(b) They film a TV documentary there.
(c) They withdraw funding for Homeplace.
(d) They obtain rights to Homeplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
2. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
3. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
4. Dillon vows to see Rachel ___________________.
5. Between what years does "Death by Water" take place?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)