|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
(d) Doyle Ray.
2. What does Jackie rescue of the scattered remains to give to Dillon?
(a) An arm.
(b) A foot.
(c) A hand.
(d) A skull.
3. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He stays in bed.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(d) He visits her grave.
4. What does Jackie write editorials about during this period?
(a) The coal miners strike.
(b) The presidential election.
(c) The school levy.
(d) The new hospital.
5. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Jackie's graduation.
(b) A peace protest march.
(c) A black lung demonstration.
(d) Jackie's wedding.
6. When Tom leaves, he tells Jackie that ______________________.
(a) he wants to marry her.
(b) he is never coming back.
(c) they aren't done yet.
(d) he will be back tomorrow.
7. Who supervises the moving of the family graves in order to save them before they are dug up?
(c) Arthur Lee.
8. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
(a) a line from a movie.
(b) Rachel's last words to Dillon.
(c) Dillon's last words to Rachel.
(d) a poem.
9. What is the name of the newspaper where Jackie takes a job?
(a) Justice Advocate.
(b) Justice Gazette.
(c) Justice Dispatch.
(d) Justice Clarion.
10. What is carried in the doctor's container?
(a) A pair of black lungs.
(b) Seed corn.
11. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That he can get a raise.
(b) That his son will find a good wife.
(c) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
(d) That his wife will get well.
12. Against which company do the coal miners wage a strike?
(a) Wheeling Mine Company.
(b) All American Coal Corp.
(c) The International Oil Corp.
(d) West Virginia Mining Corp.
13. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
(a) Arthur Lee.
14. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(b) Art History.
15. How many people agree to attend mass when the bishop comes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel hire a cook and housekeeper?
2. Jackie spends a year in which country?
3. Who dies in Jackie's arms?
4. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
5. Who does Jackie run into while in Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)