|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dillon tells Jackie about a job opening for a/an __________________ back home.
(b) social worker.
(c) newspaper editor.
2. What does Jackie write editorials about during this period?
(a) The coal miners strike.
(b) The school levy.
(c) The new hospital.
(d) The presidential election.
3. What does Tom finally confess to Jackie?
(a) He is divorced.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He left the priesthood.
(d) He is gay.
4. Who/what is Rachel looking at when she dies?
(b) The sunset.
(c) A floral arrangement.
5. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He faints.
(b) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
(c) He chokes Arthur Lee.
(d) He vomits.
6. Against which company do the coal miners wage a strike?
(a) Wheeling Mine Company.
(b) All American Coal Corp.
(c) The International Oil Corp.
(d) West Virginia Mining Corp.
7. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That his wife will get well.
(b) That his son will find a good wife.
(c) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
(d) That he can get a raise.
8. Why does Tom leave Honduras?
(a) He was kicked out for a political reason.
(b) He was transferred by the diocese.
(c) He realizes that he needs to be near Jackie.
(d) He gets malaria and needs a good hospital.
9. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
(a) the Pentagon.
(b) the Cervantes Center.
(d) the Peace Corps.
10. Tom and Jackie make love before he goes to _________________.
(c) Washington, D.C.
11. What does Tom do when he is depressed?
(a) He puts on sad records.
(b) He smokes marijuana.
(c) He drinks alcohol.
(d) He drives around in his car.
12. Who inspects the dam with Dillon?
(b) Arthur Lee.
13. Jackie's last words to Tom are similar to _____________________.
(a) Dillon's last words to Rachel.
(b) a poem.
(c) a line from a movie.
(d) Rachel's last words to Dillon.
14. What question does Jackie ask Dillon that makes him clam up?
(a) If he believes in God.
(b) If he has ever been arrested.
(c) If he's ever been in love.
(d) If he would loan her some money.
15. Who supervises the moving of the family graves in order to save them before they are dug up?
(d) Arthur Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dillon coming to Washington, D.C.?
2. What is the doctor in #89 carrying when he comes to see Dillon?
3. Who becomes emotional when the graves are moved?
4. Jackie spends a year in which country?
5. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)