Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
2. What happens when the dam machinery is overworked?
(a) It sounds an alarm.
(b) It explodes.
(c) The dam overruns.
(d) It stops working.
3. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
(b) Art History.
4. Dillon tells Jackie about a job opening for a/an __________________ back home.
(b) social worker.
(c) newspaper editor.
5. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(b) Poison ivy.
6. Who/what is Rachel looking at when she dies?
(a) The sunset.
(c) A floral arrangement.
7. When Dillon gets to the hospital, Jackie tells him that Rachel is dying because ____________________.
(a) she has end-stage cancer.
(b) she has had a brain aneurysm.
(c) she has had a bad heart attack.
(d) her lungs are filling with water.
8. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
(c) Arthur Lee.
9. Tom and Jackie make love before he goes to _________________.
(c) Washington, D.C.
10. What is the name of the coal company which has negative intent for Homeplace?
(a) The U.S. Drilling Company.
(b) West Virginia Mining Company.
(c) The American Coal Company.
(d) Wheeling Coal Mines Inc.
11. What does Hassel pick up while at the Governor's Office?
(a) A book on West Virginia history.
(b) An autographed photo.
(c) A decal for his windshield.
(d) New license plates.
12. Why is Tom disheartened by saying Mass every Sunday?
(a) No one contributes to the collection.
(b) No one helps him build a church.
(c) No one ever attends.
(d) He has a hard time getting converts.
13. Jackie spends a year in which country?
14. Jackie talks to Dillon about her feelings regarding _________________.
(a) her father.
(b) her job.
(d) her mother.
15. What happens when the dam begins to breach?
(a) Arthur Lee is swept away.
(b) Arthur Lee sounds the alarm.
(c) Arthur Lee can't make it back to his car.
(d) Arthur Lee saves Dillon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hassel tells Jackie that __________________ is coming to support the strike.
2. Where does Tom ask Jackie to meet him sometime?
3. Whose remains are revealed when the machine malfunctions?
4. What do Dillon and Arthur Lee do after the dam bursts?
5. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)