|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has threatened to bring criminal charges against Tom if he doesn't shut down his VISTA activities?
(d) Arthur Lee.
2. Where does Tom move to eventually?
(b) Costa Rica.
3. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
(b) Doyle Ray.
4. What question does Jackie ask Dillon that makes him clam up?
(a) If he believes in God.
(b) If he would loan her some money.
(c) If he's ever been in love.
(d) If he has ever been arrested.
5. What is the type of vine that Hassel has seen growing up a tree?
(c) Poison ivy.
6. What happens when the machine moving the graves malfunctions?
(a) Remains are scattered all over the ground.
(b) The machine tumbles down a hill.
(c) The machine cannot be repaired for quite awhile.
(d) The machine falls over.
7. What does Dillon finally admit to Jackie?
(a) That Tom wants to marry her.
(b) That he secretly married her mother.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That he is her father.
8. Where is Rachel buried after her death?
9. Tom and Jackie make love before he goes to _________________.
(b) Washington, D.C.
10. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
(a) the Pentagon.
(b) the Cervantes Center.
(c) the Peace Corps.
11. What does Tom finally confess to Jackie?
(a) He left the priesthood.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is divorced.
(d) He loves her.
12. For what does Hassel pray when the bishop comes?
(a) That the Lord keep Tom safe.
(b) That his son will find a good wife.
(c) That he can get a raise.
(d) That his wife will get well.
13. What does Dillon do when the remains are scattered around?
(a) He faints.
(b) He throws himself on the ground and sobs.
(c) He chokes Arthur Lee.
(d) He vomits.
14. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
(a) Arthur Lee.
15. Why is Tom worried about the bishop's upcoming visit?
(a) There haven't been any converts to the faith.
(b) He wants to talk to him about leaving the priesthood.
(c) The house he lives in is shabby.
(d) There is only one person who attends mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom do when he is depressed?
2. In what subject does Jackie earn a degree?
3. Between what years does "Death by Water" take place?
4. In what year does "God's Bones" take place?
5. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)