|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel's roommate at nursing school?
2. A man from which government agency shows up at Dillon's house to tell him that there is an injunction against the strike?
(a) The Secret Service.
(b) The C.I.A.
(c) The A.T.F.
(d) The F.B.I.
3. What is Dillon's last name?
4. What does Rachel name her baby?
5. What game does Dillon play with Jackie?
(c) A Civil War game.
6. What is the name of Rachel's mule?
7. Who is shot in the head and will live brain damaged for the rest of her/his life?
(b) Arthur Lee.
8. What does Dillon take Jackie up to Trace Mountain to see?
(a) A moonshine still.
(b) The spectacular view.
(c) A cave.
(d) His uncle's cabin.
9. How old is Toejam Day?
10. What does Dillon do with the skull given to her by Fred?
(a) He throws it in the river.
(b) He buries it.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He stores it in a box.
11. Who does Rachel think is the father of her baby?
(a) She is not sure.
12. Who does Rachel begin to date after her relationship with Fred ends?
13. Who does Rachel marry?
14. Where does Tony go when he leaves the house?
(a) A motel.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) His office.
(d) His buddy's house.
15. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
Short Answer Questions
1. People on Trace Mountain make their livings tending apple orchards and __________________.
2. What does Dillon NOT do when he sees Rachel after the war?
3. What does Rachel's boyfriend give her as a souvenir of the war?
4. What does Tony do with Jackie when he takes her to the Moose Club?
5. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)