|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel's relationship with Fred end?
(a) He is killed in the war.
(b) He never contacts her.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) He decides he is not ready to get married.
2. Who is shot in the head and will live brain damaged for the rest of her/his life?
(a) Arthur Lee.
3. How is Dillon related to Rachel?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are second cousins.
(c) They are not related.
(d) They are cousins.
4. Who is Arthur Lee Sizemore?
(a) The manager of the local mines.
(b) The local newspaper editor.
(c) The Baptist minister.
(d) The IGA manager.
5. On which young man does Jackie have a crush?
(a) Tom Kolwiecki.
(b) Tom Kerrigan.
(c) Tom Kavanaugh.
(d) Tom Kolson.
6. Rachel tells Dillon that they can't become romantically involved because _____________________.
(a) she is not interested in him.
(b) they come from different classes.
(c) they are first cousins.
(d) her parents forbid it.
7. Who does Rachel refuse to marry?
(b) Arthur Lee.
8. What was Dillon's father's job before he died?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A labor organizer.
9. What does Dillon take Jackie up to Trace Mountain to see?
(a) The spectacular view.
(b) A cave.
(c) His uncle's cabin.
(d) A moonshine still.
10. A TV crew wants to film a company donating _____________ to local schoolchildren.
11. Who is Rachel's wealthy boyfriend in Manila?
(a) Fred Clark.
(b) Fred Sullivan.
(c) Fred Simpson.
(d) Fred Morton.
12. In what town is Dillon's house located?
13. What is VISTA?
(a) A travel agency.
(b) A federal agency to fight poverty.
(c) A software program.
(d) A dance club.
14. Why are Rachel and Tommie teased in their jobs?
(a) Because of their accents.
(b) Because of their personalities.
(c) Because of their hairstyles.
(d) Because of their height.
15. What does Tony do with Jackie when he takes her to the Moose Club?
(a) Makes her wait in the car.
(b) Leaves her alone in a room with pool tables.
(c) Makes fun of her when she won't drink beer.
(d) Refuses to buy her any supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dillon get a job after his stint in the army?
2. Rachel's boyfriend's family is from which Southern city?
3. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
4. Why does Tony not come to help Rachel when her transportation breaks down in the mountains?
5. What event does Rachel's mother always listen to on the radio?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)