|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rachel's marriage begins to fall apart, why does she not leave?
(a) It is against her religion.
(b) She thinks he will change.
(c) She wants a child.
(d) She wants to give it more time.
2. A man from which government agency shows up at Dillon's house to tell him that there is an injunction against the strike?
(a) The A.T.F.
(b) The Secret Service.
(c) The F.B.I.
(d) The C.I.A.
3. What is at the core of Tom's problems?
4. What do Dillon and Arthur Lee do after the dam bursts?
(a) They alert people in town.
(b) They alert the sheriff.
(c) They call the radio station.
(d) They call the EPA.
5. Where is Dillon found after the flood?
(a) He is never found.
(b) In the Red Cross tent.
(c) At the Charleston hospital.
(d) Walking down the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Jackie afflicted at the age of eight?
2. What topic does Dillon talk to Jackie about so that she will write an editorial?
3. Who is the minister when Brenda gets married?
4. What does Rachel's boyfriend give her as a souvenir of the war?
5. Who had lived in Rachel and Jackie's house before them?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)