|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: The New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon make for Jackie for supper?
(b) Hot dogs and pork and beans.
(c) Burgers and fries.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
2. Against which company do the coal miners wage a strike?
(a) Wheeling Mine Company.
(b) All American Coal Corp.
(c) The International Oil Corp.
(d) West Virginia Mining Corp.
3. What does Tom do when he is depressed?
(a) He smokes marijuana.
(b) He drinks alcohol.
(c) He drives around in his car.
(d) He puts on sad records.
4. Who does Dillon see on a TV program broadcast from the Kennedy Center?
(a) Lech Walesa.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) James Taylor.
(d) George Bush.
5. In what town is Dillon's house located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jackie thinks the young man in #77 looks like ____________________.
2. Who calls Jackie periodically from home?
3. A man from which government agency shows up at Dillon's house to tell him that there is an injunction against the strike?
4. Rachel tells Dillon that they can't become romantically involved because _____________________.
5. What does Tom grab on to to keep from being washed away in the water?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)