|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Bridges and Dams 1985-1986.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon do every year on the anniversary of the day he and Rachel first made love?
(a) He visits the cabin on Trace Mountain.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He visits her grave.
(d) He stays in bed.
2. Whose house is blown up during the strike?
3. When Rachel's marriage begins to fall apart, why does she not leave?
(a) She thinks he will change.
(b) She wants a child.
(c) She wants to give it more time.
(d) It is against her religion.
4. Why do Hassel and Tom go to the Governor's Office in Charleston?
(a) To invite him to their annual festival.
(b) To get a bridge built in Justice.
(c) To petition for a stay of execution.
(d) To offer campaign assistance.
5. Why does Rachel hire a cook and housekeeper?
(a) She wants to impress Dillon.
(b) She is too weak to do the work.
(c) She likes to employ local women.
(d) She thinks it makes her look high class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony go when he leaves the house?
2. Jackie quits her job to start work at ___________________.
3. What is the name of the region where Rachel lives?
4. What is the vocation of the young man in #77?
5. Jackie spends a year in which country?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)