|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Bridges and Dams 1985-1986.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A TV crew wants to film a company donating _____________ to local schoolchildren.
2. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
(a) The cost of housing.
(b) The cost of miner equipment.
(c) The cost of insurance.
(d) The cost of food.
3. What is the name of the newspaper where Jackie takes a job?
(a) Justice Gazette.
(b) Justice Clarion.
(c) Justice Advocate.
(d) Justice Dispatch.
4. What is VISTA?
(a) A software program.
(b) A dance club.
(c) A travel agency.
(d) A federal agency to fight poverty.
5. In what state does the story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house is blown up during the strike?
2. Why does Rachel refuse to leave Tony?
3. Rachel's boyfriend's family is from which Southern city?
4. Who tells Jackie that she looks more like Dillon all the time?
5. Rachel is taken by helicopter to a cardiac unit of a hospital in which city?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)