|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Number Thirteen 1963-1968.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
(a) The cost of food.
(b) The cost of housing.
(c) The cost of insurance.
(d) The cost of miner equipment.
2. What does Dillon take Jackie up to Trace Mountain to see?
(a) The spectacular view.
(b) A cave.
(c) A moonshine still.
(d) His uncle's cabin.
3. On which young man does Jackie have a crush?
(a) Tom Kolson.
(b) Tom Kerrigan.
(c) Tom Kavanaugh.
(d) Tom Kolwiecki.
4. Who is Arthur Lee Sizemore?
(a) The Baptist minister.
(b) The manager of the local mines.
(c) The IGA manager.
(d) The local newspaper editor.
5. Why does Rachel scream at Tony when he comes home with Jackie?
(a) He had left all the windows open and it rained in the house.
(b) She has been trying to call him all night.
(c) She can tell Jackie has had some beer.
(d) He spent all his paycheck before he got home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is Dillon's house located?
2. To what church do Rachel and Jackie belong?
3. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
4. Who is Dillon's mother?
5. What is Jackie's favorite book?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)