|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Number Thirteen 1963-1968.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which U.S. President does Rachel see on TV talking about poverty?
(a) President Carter.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) President Johnson.
2. Why does Rachel scream at Tony when he comes home with Jackie?
(a) He had left all the windows open and it rained in the house.
(b) She has been trying to call him all night.
(c) She can tell Jackie has had some beer.
(d) He spent all his paycheck before he got home.
3. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
4. How does Tommie die?
(b) In battle.
(c) In a plane crash.
(d) In a car accident.
5. What event does Rachel's mother always listen to on the radio?
(a) The Indianapolis 500.
(b) The Kentucky Derby.
(c) The Nutcracker Ballet.
(d) New Year's Eve in Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Dillon hit while driving home?
2. When Rachel's marriage begins to fall apart, why does she not leave?
3. Who is Rachel's roommate at nursing school?
4. What form of transportation does Rachel use to travel around and care for the sick?
5. A man from which government agency shows up at Dillon's house to tell him that there is an injunction against the strike?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)