|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Number Thirteen 1963-1968.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which U.S. President is killed while Dillon is in prison?
(a) President Garfield.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Kennedy.
2. In what state does the story take place?
(a) West Virginia.
(c) North Carolina.
3. Why is Rachel's father going to Norfolk?
(a) To attend a funeral.
(b) To work in a shipyard.
(c) To go back to school.
(d) To visit relatives.
4. What does Tony do with Jackie when he takes her to the Moose Club?
(a) Refuses to buy her any supper.
(b) Makes her wait in the car.
(c) Leaves her alone in a room with pool tables.
(d) Makes fun of her when she won't drink beer.
5. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is ambitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is VISTA?
2. What is the color of the coat that Rachel wears that bleeds out onto her white dress when it rained?
3. Why does everyone in her seventh grade class hate Jackie?
4. How is Dillon related to Rachel?
5. Why are Rachel and Tommie teased in their jobs?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)