|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: The Roving Pickets 1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon do with the skull given to her by Fred?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He stores it in a box.
(c) He throws it in the river.
(d) He buries it.
2. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
(a) The cost of insurance.
(b) The cost of food.
(c) The cost of miner equipment.
(d) The cost of housing.
3. To what church do Rachel and Jackie belong?
4. What do the men trapped in the coal mine use to bang on the rocks to alert their rescuers?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A tin pan.
(c) A miner's hat.
(d) A shovel.
5. Who is Rachel's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dillon want Rachel to do after they have declared their love for each other?
2. When Rachel's marriage begins to fall apart, why does she not leave?
3. Who does Rachel begin to date after her relationship with Fred ends?
4. What is the river that runs through the region where the story takes place?
5. In what town is Dillon's house located?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)