|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: The Roving Pickets 1962.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon beg Rachel not to do?
(a) Drive too fast.
(b) Break up with him.
(c) Go away to school.
(d) Go to the dance with someone else.
2. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
(a) He is ambitious.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is handsome.
3. What part of her body is broken when Rachel falls into the river?
(a) Her ankle.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her finger.
4. Whose house is blown up during the strike?
5. Why is Rachel's father going to Norfolk?
(a) To go back to school.
(b) To attend a funeral.
(c) To visit relatives.
(d) To work in a shipyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
2. Rachel admits to Tommie that she really cares for whom?
3. Where is Dillon stationed after he joins the army?
4. Who leads a strike of hundreds of miners in a labor dispute?
5. What is the river that runs through the region where the story takes place?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)