|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Trace Mountain 1946-1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dillon beg Rachel not to do?
(a) Drive too fast.
(b) Go to the dance with someone else.
(c) Break up with him.
(d) Go away to school.
2. What animal does Dillon hit while driving home?
(a) A fox.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A deer.
3. Why does Tony not come to help Rachel when her transportation breaks down in the mountains?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He is going out to the Moose Club.
(c) His car has also broken down.
(d) He has to work late.
4. What was Dillon's father's job before he died?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A labor organizer.
(d) A construction worker.
5. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
(a) The cost of insurance.
(b) The cost of food.
(c) The cost of miner equipment.
(d) The cost of housing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel refuse to leave Tony?
2. Where does Dillon get a job after his stint in the army?
3. Who does Rachel begin to date after her relationship with Fred ends?
4. Who does Rachel marry?
5. Rachel's boyfriend's family is from which Southern city?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)