|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Trace Mountain 1946-1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel's relationship with Fred end?
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) He never contacts her.
(c) He decides he is not ready to get married.
(d) He is killed in the war.
2. What does Dillon want Rachel to do after they have declared their love for each other?
(a) Divorce her husband immediately.
(b) Leave her husband and move in with him.
(c) Leave her husband and get an apartment.
(d) Go away for awhile to clear her head.
3. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
(a) The cost of miner equipment.
(b) The cost of insurance.
(c) The cost of food.
(d) The cost of housing.
4. Where is Dillon stationed after he joins the army?
5. When Rachel's marriage begins to fall apart, why does she not leave?
(a) It is against her religion.
(b) She wants a child.
(c) She thinks he will change.
(d) She wants to give it more time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Rachel's mother always listen to on the radio?
2. What animal does Dillon hit while driving home?
3. How does Tommie die?
4. Who is Rachel's wealthy boyfriend in Manila?
5. Where does Dillon go to join the army?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)