|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: God's Bones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rachel's father going to Norfolk?
(a) To go back to school.
(b) To attend a funeral.
(c) To visit relatives.
(d) To work in a shipyard.
2. Rachel admits to Tommie that she really cares for whom?
3. What is the river that runs through the region where the story takes place?
(a) Kentucky River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Blackberry River.
4. Where had Fred told Rachel he was going to go to marry her?
(b) New York.
(d) West Virginia.
5. Who is Rachel's roommate at nursing school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rachel and Tommie work as army nurses?
2. What does Dillon NOT do when he sees Rachel after the war?
3. What event does Rachel's mother always listen to on the radio?
4. What is the color of the coat that Rachel wears that bleeds out onto her white dress when it rained?
5. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)