|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Bridges and Dams 1985-1986.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper where Jackie takes a job?
(a) Justice Gazette.
(b) Justice Advocate.
(c) Justice Clarion.
(d) Justice Dispatch.
2. What does Rachel's boyfriend give her as a souvenir of the war?
(a) The skull of a Japanese soldier.
(b) His helmet.
(c) A hand grenade prototype.
(d) His medals.
3. Who is the first boy who Rachel kisses?
(a) Dillon Freeman.
(b) Jimmy Morton.
(c) Tony Angelelli.
(d) Sean Patterson.
4. In what state does the story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) West Virginia.
5. Which U.S. President is killed while Dillon is in prison?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Garfield.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) President Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rachel tells Dillon that they can't become romantically involved because _____________________.
2. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
3. What game does Dillon play with Jackie?
4. Why is Rachel's father going to Norfolk?
5. To what church do Rachel and Jackie belong?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)