Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Trace Mountain 1946-1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tony not come to help Rachel when her transportation breaks down in the mountains?
(a) His car has also broken down.
(b) He is going out to the Moose Club.
(c) He has to work late.
(d) He is not feeling well.
2. What part of her body is broken when Rachel falls into the river?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Her ankle.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her leg.
3. In what state does the story take place?
(a) West Virginia.
(c) North Carolina.
4. How is Dillon related to Rachel?
(a) They are second cousins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are not related.
5. Where do Rachel and Tommie work as army nurses?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) The Phillippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dillon's father's job before he died?
2. What is the color of the coat that Rachel wears that bleeds out onto her white dress when it rained?
3. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
4. Who does Rachel think is the father of her baby?
5. What do the men trapped in the coal mine use to bang on the rocks to alert their rescuers?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)