|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: Waiting for Lech 1988-1989.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to arrive and the last to leave Rachel's funeral?
(d) Arthur Lee.
2. What happens when the machine moving the graves malfunctions?
(a) The machine tumbles down a hill.
(b) The machine falls over.
(c) The machine cannot be repaired for quite awhile.
(d) Remains are scattered all over the ground.
3. One day Tony tells Jackie that _______________ is sick and in the hospital.
(b) Mamaw Hudson.
(d) Mamaw Honaker.
4. What is the vocation of the young man in #77?
5. Why does the person in #151 advise Jackie to leave the area?
(a) Because she loves the big city.
(b) Because she needs a bigger career.
(c) Because it is dying.
(d) Because he wants her to travel with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel's boyfriend give her as a souvenir of the war?
2. Which company has bought out The American Coal Company?
3. Who leads a strike of hundreds of miners in a labor dispute?
4. What does Dillon still resist telling Jackie?
5. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)