|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: Waiting for Lech 1988-1989.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is deducted from the coalminers' pay each week?
(a) The cost of miner equipment.
(b) The cost of insurance.
(c) The cost of housing.
(d) The cost of food.
2. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
(a) He is Catholic.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is ambitious.
3. What happens when the machine moving the graves malfunctions?
(a) The machine cannot be repaired for quite awhile.
(b) The machine tumbles down a hill.
(c) The machine falls over.
(d) Remains are scattered all over the ground.
4. What does Dillon want Rachel to do after they have declared their love for each other?
(a) Divorce her husband immediately.
(b) Leave her husband and get an apartment.
(c) Leave her husband and move in with him.
(d) Go away for awhile to clear her head.
5. A guard at a picket line tells Jackie to get away even though _____________________.
(a) she is not causing any trouble.
(b) she is in no danger.
(c) she is scheduled to speak.
(d) she is a member of the press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the coal camp where Carrie stays with Flora?
2. What is carried in the doctor's container?
3. Who has all the poverty money sent to him so that he can dole it out?
4. Who does Rachel refuse to marry?
5. Who has threatened to bring criminal charges against Tom if he doesn't shut down his VISTA activities?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)