|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Child 1959 -1961.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the river that runs through the region where the story takes place?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Kentucky River.
(c) Blackberry River.
(d) Ohio River.
2. Where does Tony go when he leaves the house?
(a) His office.
(b) His buddy's house.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) A motel.
3. What does Dillon NOT do when he sees Rachel after the war?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Swings her around.
(d) Proclaims his love for her.
4. Who is Rachel's mother?
5. What does Dillon do with the skull given to her by Fred?
(a) He stores it in a box.
(b) He burns it.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He throws it in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Rachel's mother approve of Fred?
2. Why does Tony not come to help Rachel when her transportation breaks down in the mountains?
3. Why does Rachel's relationship with Fred end?
4. What does Dillon take Jackie up to Trace Mountain to see?
5. What part of her body is broken when Rachel falls into the river?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)