|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Scotland Yard responds to Vicary's demand for roadblocks, where is Neuman driving?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 61, how long has Vogel been waiting outside Schellenberg's office?
3. How old is police constable Sullivan?
4. When did Kapitanleutnant Hoffman receive a Knight's Cross?
5. When did Dorothy fall and break her hip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
2. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
3. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
4. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
5. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
6. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
7. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
8. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
9. Where does Helen stay and why?
10. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While doing his job, Vicary wonders if he has been given a chance to redeem himself. Discuss why Vicary wants to redeem himself and why he thinks he is being given a chance to do that.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
Essay Topic 3
Canaris is sacked, and the Abwehr merge sinto the SS. Discuss how Vogel survives the downfall of Canaris and what Vogel's plans are for the future.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)