|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlotte Endicott work?
2. Where does Vicary want to pour his men and resources?
3. Where is Mary left when Neumann and Catherine flee to the coast?
4. What does Catherine use to gag Mary?
5. What type of plane takes Vicary to the RAF base outside Grimsby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
2. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
3. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
4. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
5. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
6. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
7. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
8. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
9. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
10. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Anna became involved with German espionage and how she felt about becoming a spy.
Essay Topic 2
The novel is based on historical events. Select two or three fictional events in the novel and show how the author establishes the probability of these events happening.
Essay Topic 3
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)