|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Neumann?
2. Who does Braithwaite want to call at the end of Chapter 56?
3. What is the weather like when Mary runs outside after hearing the shotgun blast?
4. How much did Dogherty pay a man to have his boat ready anytime, day or night?
5. What type of terrain is Neuman traveling as he drives the van?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
2. How does Martin Colville die?
3. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
4. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
5. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
6. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
7. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
8. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
9. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
10. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the overall mood of the novel and how the author uses mood throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
While doing his job, Vicary wonders if he has been given a chance to redeem himself. Discuss why Vicary wants to redeem himself and why he thinks he is being given a chance to do that.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, characters use deduction to come to various conclusions. Discuss how characters solve problems and come to conclusions by using deduction.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)