|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vogel send his wife and daughters?
2. Who does Boothy want Vicary to take with him when he goes to head up the search on the ground?
3. How many times has Jenny been on a boat before?
4. How many different nationalities can Catherine pass as?
5. What does Roach have to eat at the beginning of Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
2. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
3. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
4. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
5. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
6. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
7. Where does Helen stay and why?
8. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
9. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
10. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 2
Canaris and Schellenberg are often at each other's throats. Discuss Canaris and Schellenberg and why the men do not get along with one another.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it is hard for Catherine to remember whose side she is on--German or English--and why she sometimes sympathizes with the British.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)