|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Neumann and Catherine don't rendezvous with the submarine that night, how long will they have to wait for the next rendezvous?
2. Who rescues Jenny after she falls overboard?
3. When does Neumann leave the bookshop in Chapter 47?
4. What's the largest town in the area where Vicary wants to concentrate his resources?
5. By the time Scotland Yard responds to Vicary's demand for roadblocks, where is Neuman driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
2. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
3. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
4. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
5. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
6. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
7. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
8. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
9. How does Martin Colville die?
10. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it is hard for Catherine to remember whose side she is on--German or English--and why she sometimes sympathizes with the British.
Essay Topic 2
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 3
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)