|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of terrain is Neuman traveling as he drives the van?
2. What part of Martin Colville's body was broken when he fought Neumann?
3. Who brought Jordan's belongings from London?
4. Who is the squadron leader who meets Vicary at the RAF base outside Grimsby?
5. What is the weather like when Mary runs outside after hearing the shotgun blast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
2. Where does Helen stay and why?
3. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
4. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
5. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
6. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
7. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
8. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
9. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
10. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary is the Double Cross officer for the British intelligence agency. Discuss Vicary's job and how his Double Cross network plays a critical role in the war effort.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Anna became involved with German espionage and how she felt about becoming a spy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the overall mood of the novel and how the author uses mood throughout the novel.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)