|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Neumann?
2. What time does Vicary arrive at the RAF base outside Grimsby?
3. How old is Charlotte Endicott?
4. In Chapter 43, how long does Catherine lead the watchers on a merry chase?
5. What type of terrain is Neuman traveling as he drives the van?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
2. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
3. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
4. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
5. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
6. Where does Helen stay and why?
7. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
8. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
9. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
10. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss how the author uses tension and other techniques to create suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall mood of the novel and how the author uses mood throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Jenny has a crush on Neumann. Describe the feelings that Neumann has for Jenny and why he feels that way toward her.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)