|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bombers does Vicary hear when he is asking Grace to get him a file?
2. How far will Neumann and Catherine have to drive to reach Jack Kincaid and his fishing boat?
3. If Neumann and Catherine don't rendezvous with the submarine that night, how long will they have to wait for the next rendezvous?
4. What is the name of the church in Hampton Sands?
5. At what station does Catherine purchase a ticket for Victoria?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
2. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
3. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
4. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
5. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
6. Where does Helen stay and why?
7. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
8. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
9. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
10. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
Essay Topic 2
Canaris and Schellenberg are often at each other's throats. Discuss Canaris and Schellenberg and why the men do not get along with one another.
Essay Topic 3
While doing his job, Vicary wonders if he has been given a chance to redeem himself. Discuss why Vicary wants to redeem himself and why he thinks he is being given a chance to do that.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)