|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Vicary believe that the spies can travel based on the timing of the message, the blackout, and dawn?
2. How close is Hoffman when he spots the running lights of the boat that Neumann is piloting?
3. What is the name of the police boat that Vicary and his men take out on the water?
4. When was Hoffman assigned to Abwehr headquarters in Berlin?
5. What road does Neumann plan to take to get them as close as possible to the waiting boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
2. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
3. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
4. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
5. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
6. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
7. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
8. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
9. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
10. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
Essay Topic 2
Vicary is the Double Cross officer for the British intelligence agency. Discuss Vicary's job and how his Double Cross network plays a critical role in the war effort.
Essay Topic 3
Canaris is sacked, and the Abwehr merge sinto the SS. Discuss how Vogel survives the downfall of Canaris and what Vogel's plans are for the future.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)