|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Neumann get into a fight with Martin Colville?
2. When was Hoffman assigned to Abwehr headquarters in Berlin?
3. After leaving Helen, who does Vicary see Grace drive away with?
4. How many photographs does Vicary have to look through before he spots someone who might be the agent who picks up Catherine's information?
5. Who does Boothy want Vicary to take with him when he goes to head up the search on the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
2. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
3. Where does Helen stay and why?
4. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
5. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
6. How does Martin Colville die?
7. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
8. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
9. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
10. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jenny has a crush on Neumann. Describe the feelings that Neumann has for Jenny and why he feels that way toward her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Anna became involved with German espionage and how she felt about becoming a spy.
Essay Topic 3
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)