|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jane seeing romantically?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 61, how long has Vogel been waiting outside Schellenberg's office?
3. What is the name of the police boat that Vicary and his men take out on the water?
4. Who rescues Jenny after she falls overboard?
5. What is the latest time that a U-boat could sail because of the dawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Martin Colville die?
2. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
3. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
4. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
5. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
6. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
7. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
8. Where does Helen stay and why?
9. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
10. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Pelican and Hawke and their roles in the British war effort. Are their roles related?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)