|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the bombing start in Chapter 45?
2. How long have Helen and David been married?
3. What does Roach have to eat at the beginning of Chapter 47?
4. What part of Martin Colville's body was broken when he fought Neumann?
5. In Chapter 43, how many times has Catherine Blake photographed batches of Kettledrum documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
2. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
3. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
4. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
5. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
6. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
7. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
8. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
9. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
10. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
Essay Topic 3
The novel is based on historical events. Select two or three fictional events in the novel and show how the author establishes the probability of these events happening.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)