|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the latest time that a U-boat could sail because of the dawn?
2. How many agents were in the Abwehr?
3. Where does Vicary want to pour his men and resources?
4. After the drop at the Strand, for how many hours does Neumann follow Catherine?
5. Where was Vicary supposed to meet Helen for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
2. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
3. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
4. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
5. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
6. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
7. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
8. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
9. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
10. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canaris and Schellenberg are often at each other's throats. Discuss Canaris and Schellenberg and why the men do not get along with one another.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall mood of the novel and how the author uses mood throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it is hard for Catherine to remember whose side she is on--German or English--and why she sometimes sympathizes with the British.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)