|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast can the van go that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
2. How tall is Neumann?
3. How close is Hoffman when he spots the running lights of the boat that Neumann is piloting?
4. When does Jordan's memorial service take place?
5. Who brought Jordan's belongings from London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
2. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
3. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
4. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
5. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
6. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
7. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
8. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
9. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
10. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how the author uses tension and other techniques to create suspense in the novel.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)