|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the drop at the Strand, for how many hours does Neumann follow Catherine?
2. What color hat does Helen wear when she meets Alfred in Chapter 46?
3. How far will Neumann and Catherine have to drive to reach Jack Kincaid and his fishing boat?
4. Who dies when the Camilla capsizes?
5. When was Operation Kettledrum initiated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
2. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
3. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
4. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
5. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
6. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
7. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
8. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
9. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
10. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel is based on historical events. Select two or three fictional events in the novel and show how the author establishes the probability of these events happening.
Essay Topic 2
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
Essay Topic 3
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)