|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a letter to Jordan's son Billy?
2. After leaving Helen, who does Vicary see Grace drive away with?
3. Who is Jane seeing romantically?
4. When did Dorothy fall and break her hip?
5. What is the name of the police boat that Vicary and his men take out on the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
2. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
3. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
4. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
5. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
6. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
7. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
8. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
9. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
10. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
Essay Topic 2
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Anna became involved with German espionage and how she felt about becoming a spy.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)