|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Helen, who does Vicary see Grace drive away with?
2. How long will it take the spies to sail five miles out to sea?
3. Where is the boat located that Dogherty has hired to create an escape route for Neumann and Catherine?
4. What river does Neuman pass as he drives?
5. By the time Scotland Yard responds to Vicary's demand for roadblocks, where is Neuman driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
2. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
3. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
4. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
5. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
6. How does Martin Colville die?
7. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
8. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
9. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
10. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why it is hard for Catherine to remember whose side she is on--German or English--and why she sometimes sympathizes with the British.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how the author uses tension and other techniques to create suspense in the novel.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)