|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of terrain is Neuman traveling as he drives the van?
2. How many agents were in the Abwehr?
3. How old is Charlotte Endicott?
4. If Neumann and Catherine don't rendezvous with the submarine that night, how long will they have to wait for the next rendezvous?
5. How tall is Neumann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
2. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
3. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
4. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
5. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
6. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
7. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
8. Where does Helen stay and why?
9. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
10. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Boothby references a quote from Sun-tzu about military deception. Discuss what Sun-tzu had to say about military deception and how the British are taking his advice.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)