|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jane seeing romantically?
2. Who does Martin kill first?
3. After the drop at the Strand, for how many hours does Neumann follow Catherine?
4. How many different nationalities can Catherine pass as?
5. When does Jordan's memorial service take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
2. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
3. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
4. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
5. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
6. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
7. Where does Helen stay and why?
8. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
9. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
10. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
Essay Topic 2
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)