|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dorothy fall and break her hip?
2. What does Roach have to eat at the beginning of Chapter 47?
3. Who does Boothy want Vicary to take with him when he goes to head up the search on the ground?
4. Who saw Nemann jump from the train?
5. How many times has Jenny been on a boat before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
2. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
3. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
4. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
5. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
6. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
7. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
8. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
9. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
10. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jenny has a crush on Neumann. Describe the feelings that Neumann has for Jenny and why he feels that way toward her.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, characters use deduction to come to various conclusions. Discuss how characters solve problems and come to conclusions by using deduction.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it is hard for Catherine to remember whose side she is on--German or English--and why she sometimes sympathizes with the British.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)