|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Neumann and Catherine don't rendezvous with the submarine that night, how long will they have to wait for the next rendezvous?
2. Where does Neumann shoot the man who opens the door at the Pope warehouse?
3. Where does Vicary want to pour his men and resources?
4. Who does Martin shoot at first when he gets to Dogherty's barn in Chapter 53?
5. What is the weather like when Mary runs outside after hearing the shotgun blast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
2. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
3. How does Martin Colville die?
4. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
5. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
6. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
7. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
8. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
9. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
10. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
Essay Topic 2
Canaris is sacked, and the Abwehr merge sinto the SS. Discuss how Vogel survives the downfall of Canaris and what Vogel's plans are for the future.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)