|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the bombing start in Chapter 45?
2. How old is Constable Thomasson?
3. What type of terrain is Neuman traveling as he drives the van?
4. How many police officers do Neumann and Catherine kill at a roadblock?
5. What river does Neuman pass as he drives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
2. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
3. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
4. How does Martin Colville die?
5. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
6. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
7. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
8. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
9. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
10. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary is the Double Cross officer for the British intelligence agency. Discuss Vicary's job and how his Double Cross network plays a critical role in the war effort.
Essay Topic 2
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, characters use deduction to come to various conclusions. Discuss how characters solve problems and come to conclusions by using deduction.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)