|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms are upstairs in Jordan's London house?
2. What is Catherine able to photograph the first night she stays at Jordan's house?
3. What is Vernon Pope drinking when Catherine arrives at the warehouse?
4. What time is it when Catherine bumps into Peter Jordan?
5. What did Schellenberg's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
2. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
3. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
4. Who is the Pelican?
5. What is Vicary's opinion of Boothby?
6. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
7. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
8. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
9. Describe the prison where Becker and other spies are held.
10. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boothby references a quote from Sun-tzu about military deception. Discuss what Sun-tzu had to say about military deception and how the British are taking his advice.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it is hard for Catherine to remember whose side she is on--German or English--and why she sometimes sympathizes with the British.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)