|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dogs are used to patrol the footpaths around Hitler's Wolfschanze?
2. Who runs the emergency ward at St. Thomas Hospital?
3. How many divisions do the Allies hope Hitler will keep in Scandinavia if they convince him that they will attack Norway?
4. How old is Brigadefuhrer Walter Schellenberg?
5. Where is the Government Code and Cipher School located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Pelican?
2. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
3. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
4. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
5. Why does Catherine decide to kill Vernon Pope and his girlfriend?
6. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
7. In Chapter 15, where does Vicary believe that Vogel's agents are located?
8. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
9. Why is Sean Dogherty willing to betray England?
10. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss how the author uses tension and other techniques to create suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Canaris is sacked, and the Abwehr merge sinto the SS. Discuss how Vogel survives the downfall of Canaris and what Vogel's plans are for the future.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the overall mood of the novel and how the author uses mood throughout the novel.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)