|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vicary procure headquarters for operation Kettledrum?
2. When did Boothby bring Hawke to MI5?
3. Who died and left Vicary an inheritance?
4. What instrument did Becker play before becoming a spy?
5. What used to be the name of the place where Becker is imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
2. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
3. Who joins the British Home Guard and what do they arm themselves with?
4. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
5. In Chapter 15, where does Vicary believe that Vogel's agents are located?
6. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
7. How does Catherine manage to bump into Peter Jordan and make his acquaintance?
8. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
9. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
10. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canaris is sacked, and the Abwehr merge sinto the SS. Discuss how Vogel survives the downfall of Canaris and what Vogel's plans are for the future.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
Essay Topic 3
While doing his job, Vicary wonders if he has been given a chance to redeem himself. Discuss why Vicary wants to redeem himself and why he thinks he is being given a chance to do that.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)