|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Neumann pay to get keys copied for Catherine?
2. When Jordan makes his first monitored call to Catherine in Vicary's presence, where does Jordan ask her to meet him for lunch?
3. How far of a drive is Vogel's mother-in-law's home from the Fuhrer's home town?
4. How many years did Catherine live in the United States when she was a girl?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many German agents does MI5 suspect may be operating in Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of Vicary's despair at the beginning of Chapter 29?
2. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
3. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
4. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
5. How did Beatrice's killer try to make Beatrice's death look accidental?
6. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
7. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
8. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
9. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
10. Who joins the British Home Guard and what do they arm themselves with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary is the Double Cross officer for the British intelligence agency. Discuss Vicary's job and how his Double Cross network plays a critical role in the war effort.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the overall mood of the novel and how the author uses mood throughout the novel.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)