|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is used for Vicary and his partner, Harry Dalton?
2. Where did Peter Jordan go to college?
3. Who is the superintendent of the Pope murder case?
4. What military rank does Vicary hold?
5. How old is Jenny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
2. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
3. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
4. Why is MI5 in a panic at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. Who is the Pelican?
6. Why did Vogel burn his law books in 1933?
7. What is the source of Vicary's despair at the beginning of Chapter 29?
8. Who joins the British Home Guard and what do they arm themselves with?
9. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
10. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Pelican and Hawke and their roles in the British war effort. Are their roles related?
Essay Topic 2
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
Essay Topic 3
Jenny has a crush on Neumann. Describe the feelings that Neumann has for Jenny and why he feels that way toward her.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)