|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a case give Harry Dalton his big break when he was on the police force?
2. Where does Catherine think she might go when the war is over?
3. What bridge did Jordan build that made him Engineer of the Year in 1938?
4. Which opera does Hardegan recommend seeing that is starring Herbert Janssen?
5. How much does Catherine agree to pay Pope to trail Peter Jordan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
2. When Vicary watches Helen and her husband through a window at the end of Chapter 64, what does he feel?
3. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
4. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
5. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
6. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
7. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
8. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
9. Where does Helen stay and why?
10. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
Essay Topic 1
Vicary is the Double Cross officer for the British intelligence agency. Discuss Vicary's job and how his Double Cross network plays a critical role in the war effort.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)