|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jordan makes his first monitored call to Catherine in Vicary's presence, where does Jordan ask her to meet him for lunch?
2. When did Anna's mother die?
3. Where does Jordan want to meet Catherine for dinner after the first night they spend together?
4. Where does Catherine drop information to Neumann in Chapter 41?
5. Where was Harry Dalton born and raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
2. Where does Helen stay and why?
3. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
4. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
5. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
6. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
7. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
8. Who is the Pelican?
9. Why did Vogel burn his law books in 1933?
10. After the meeting with Hitler in Chapter 42, where does Vogel go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
Essay Topic 3
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)