|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is on the identification that Neumann carries when he meets Catherine for the first time?
2. In Chapter 7, what is the name of the little girl with a broken arm in the emergency room that Catherine helps?
3. Where did Catherine shoot Rose Morely?
4. What is Shepherd Ramsey's wife's name?
5. Which opera does Hardegan recommend seeing that is starring Herbert Janssen?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the meeting with Hitler in Chapter 42, where does Vogel go?
2. Who is the Pelican?
3. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
4. Describe the prison where Becker and other spies are held.
5. Why does Catherine decide to kill Vernon Pope and his girlfriend?
6. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
7. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
8. How does Catherine manage to bump into Peter Jordan and make his acquaintance?
9. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
10. Why is MI5 in a panic at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 2
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how Jenny demonstrates courage in the novel.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)