|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What road or street does Catherine ask Jordan to direct her toward?
2. What killed Anna's mother?
3. Where did Peter Jordan go to college?
4. When did Boothby bring Hawke to MI5?
5. When did Anna's mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the meeting with Hitler in Chapter 42, where does Vogel go?
2. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
3. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
4. Why did Vogel burn his law books in 1933?
5. In Chapter 15, where does Vicary believe that Vogel's agents are located?
6. Describe the prison where Becker and other spies are held.
7. Who is the Pelican?
8. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
9. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
10. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, characters use deduction to come to various conclusions. Discuss how characters solve problems and come to conclusions by using deduction.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it is hard for Catherine to remember whose side she is on--German or English--and why she sometimes sympathizes with the British.
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)