|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Harry Dalton born and raised?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many German agents does MI5 suspect may be operating in Britain?
3. What is Anna's birthdate?
4. Who is supposed to command the phantom army of a million men that the Allies want Hitler to believe they have?
5. How do the police say that Vernon and his girlfriend died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
2. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
3. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
4. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
5. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
6. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
7. Why does Catherine kill Rose Morley?
8. Why did Vogel burn his law books in 1933?
9. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
10. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
Essay Topic 2
The novel is based on historical events. Select two or three fictional events in the novel and show how the author establishes the probability of these events happening.
Essay Topic 3
While doing his job, Vicary wonders if he has been given a chance to redeem himself. Discuss why Vicary wants to redeem himself and why he thinks he is being given a chance to do that.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)