|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Becker play before becoming a spy?
2. What bridge did Jordan build that made him Engineer of the Year in 1938?
3. Who recognizes Catherine on a bus?
4. Where does Jordan want to meet Catherine for dinner after the first night they spend together?
5. Who cooks food for Vicary and the others who are working on operation Kettledrum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is MI5 in a panic at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. How does Catherine manage to bump into Peter Jordan and make his acquaintance?
3. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
4. Why is Sean Dogherty willing to betray England?
5. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
6. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
7. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
8. Who is the Pelican?
9. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
10. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canaris is sacked, and the Abwehr merge sinto the SS. Discuss how Vogel survives the downfall of Canaris and what Vogel's plans are for the future.
Essay Topic 2
The novel is based on historical events. Select two or three fictional events in the novel and show how the author establishes the probability of these events happening.
Essay Topic 3
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)