|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Alice Simpson teach?
2. When Jordan makes his first monitored call to Catherine in Vicary's presence, where does Jordan ask her to meet him for lunch?
3. What are the names of Vogel's daughters?
4. What bridge did Jordan build that made him Engineer of the Year in 1938?
5. Who sent Anna to Vogel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
2. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
3. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
4. Why is Sean Dogherty willing to betray England?
5. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
6. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
7. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
8. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
9. Who joins the British Home Guard and what do they arm themselves with?
10. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canaris and Schellenberg are often at each other's throats. Discuss Canaris and Schellenberg and why the men do not get along with one another.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)