Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military rank does Vicary hold?
2. When Jordan makes his first monitored call to Catherine in Vicary's presence, where does Jordan ask her to meet him for lunch?
3. Who is supposed to command the phantom army of a million men that the Allies want Hitler to believe they have?
4. What nickname is used for Vicary and his partner, Harry Dalton?
5. What is the name of the orderly who gets the address for Catherine from St. Thomas Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
2. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
3. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
4. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
5. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
6. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
7. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
8. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
9. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
10. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
Throughout the novel, characters use deduction to come to various conclusions. Discuss how characters solve problems and come to conclusions by using deduction.
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)