|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Vicary given a degenerate lorry driver who is part of Vicary's imaginative spy network?
2. What used to be the name of the place where Becker is imprisoned?
3. When did Vicary and Churchill become friends?
4. Where does Catherine think she might go when the war is over?
5. How old is Anna in 1925?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Pelican?
2. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
3. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
4. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
5. Why is MI5 in a panic at the beginning of Chapter 12?
6. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
7. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
8. Why does Catherine kill Rose Morley?
9. What is the source of Vicary's despair at the beginning of Chapter 29?
10. Who joins the British Home Guard and what do they arm themselves with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canaris and Schellenberg are often at each other's throats. Discuss Canaris and Schellenberg and why the men do not get along with one another.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Pelican and Hawke and their roles in the British war effort. Are their roles related?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, characters use deduction to come to various conclusions. Discuss how characters solve problems and come to conclusions by using deduction.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)