|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine meet Neumann at the beginning of Chapter 32?
2. Where was Anna born?
3. Where does Catherine go with a bag of groceries to try to bump into Peter Jordan?
4. In Chapter 39, what time does Catherine photograph the Kettledrum material?
5. How many people has Dicky Dobbs killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Pelican?
2. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
3. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
4. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
5. How did Beatrice's killer try to make Beatrice's death look accidental?
6. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
7. After the meeting with Hitler in Chapter 42, where does Vogel go?
8. Why did Vogel burn his law books in 1933?
9. Who joins the British Home Guard and what do they arm themselves with?
10. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss how the author uses tension and other techniques to create suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
Essay Topic 3
Vicary is the Double Cross officer for the British intelligence agency. Discuss Vicary's job and how his Double Cross network plays a critical role in the war effort.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)