|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jenny?
2. Where is the Government Code and Cipher School located?
3. How old is Beatrice Pymm?
4. What military designation does the place have where Becker is imprisoned?
5. When did a case give Harry Dalton his big break when he was on the police force?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
2. What does Vicary miss during the first days of his exile?
3. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
4. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
5. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
6. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
7. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
8. Where does Helen stay and why?
9. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
10. Why is MI5 in a panic at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny has a crush on Neumann. Describe the feelings that Neumann has for Jenny and why he feels that way toward her.
Essay Topic 3
While doing his job, Vicary wonders if he has been given a chance to redeem himself. Discuss why Vicary wants to redeem himself and why he thinks he is being given a chance to do that.
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)