|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police say that Vernon and his girlfriend died?
2. How old is Brigadefuhrer Walter Schellenberg?
3. Where did Peter Jordan go to college?
4. Where does Catherine think she might go when the war is over?
5. Where does Vicary procure headquarters for operation Kettledrum?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
2. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
3. How does Catherine manage to bump into Peter Jordan and make his acquaintance?
4. Why does Catherine decide to kill Vernon Pope and his girlfriend?
5. What is Vicary's opinion of Boothby?
6. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
7. Why does Catherine kill Rose Morley?
8. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
9. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
10. After the meeting with Hitler in Chapter 42, where does Vogel go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boothby references a quote from Sun-tzu about military deception. Discuss what Sun-tzu had to say about military deception and how the British are taking his advice.
Essay Topic 2
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Pelican and Hawke and their roles in the British war effort. Are their roles related?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)