|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eunice Wright think that two men were coming to her boarding house when a van parked in front of her house?
2. How many years did Catherine live in the United States when she was a girl?
3. How many people has Dicky Dobbs killed?
4. What military rank does Vicary hold?
5. How old was Canaris when he took control of Hitler's spy agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
2. Who joins the British Home Guard and what do they arm themselves with?
3. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
4. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
5. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
6. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
7. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
8. Who is the Pelican?
9. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
10. After the meeting with Hitler in Chapter 42, where does Vogel go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canaris and Schellenberg are often at each other's throats. Discuss Canaris and Schellenberg and why the men do not get along with one another.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss how the author uses tension and other techniques to create suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Boothby references a quote from Sun-tzu about military deception. Discuss what Sun-tzu had to say about military deception and how the British are taking his advice.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)