|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eunice Wright think that two men were coming to her boarding house when a van parked in front of her house?
2. Where are Churchill's private quarters located in the Underground War Rooms?
3. Where is the home of the Fuhrer?
4. Where does Catherine think she might go when the war is over?
5. In what language is Beatrice Pymm's murderer singing after stabbing Beatrice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the prison where Becker and other spies are held.
2. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
3. In Chapter 15, where does Vicary believe that Vogel's agents are located?
4. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
5. What is the source of Vicary's despair at the beginning of Chapter 29?
6. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
7. Why is MI5 in a panic at the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
9. After the meeting with Hitler in Chapter 42, where does Vogel go?
10. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vicary finally learns the truth behind Operation Mulberry and his role as Double Cross officer. Discuss the truth behind Operation Mulberry and Vicary's role as Double Cross officer.
Essay Topic 2
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 3
Boothby references a quote from Sun-tzu about military deception. Discuss what Sun-tzu had to say about military deception and how the British are taking his advice.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)