|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a case give Harry Dalton his big break when he was on the police force?
2. At what temperature must the bathwater be in Churchill's tub?
3. Vicary's area of expertise is nineteenth-century Europe, but what history does he have a secret passion for?
4. What are the names of Vogel's daughters?
5. Where does Jordan want to meet Catherine for dinner after the first night they spend together?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what information does Vogel want Catherine to provide?
2. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
3. What is Vicary's opinion of Boothby?
4. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
5. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
6. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
7. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
8. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
9. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
10. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catherine begins making mistakes. Discuss Catherine's mistakes and how they lead to her discovery.
Essay Topic 2
Jenny frequently goes off to a special hiding place to get away from her problems. Discuss Jenny and her problems and how she tries to cope with them.
Essay Topic 3
Jenny learns that Neumann is a German spy and that her father and Dogherty are dead. Discuss Jenny's emotions when she learns this information and how she deals with her feelings.
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)