|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bedrooms are upstairs in Jordan's London house?
2. When did Anna's mother die?
3. What did Becker pose as to be able to enter England and begin spying for Canris?
4. What type of dogs are used to patrol the footpaths around Hitler's Wolfschanze?
5. What name has Vicary given a degenerate lorry driver who is part of Vicary's imaginative spy network?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
2. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
3. Why does Catherine decide to kill Vernon Pope and his girlfriend?
4. What is the source of Vicary's despair at the beginning of Chapter 29?
5. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
6. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
7. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
8. Why does Catherine kill Rose Morley?
9. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
10. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Canaris and Schellenberg are often at each other's throats. Discuss Canaris and Schellenberg and why the men do not get along with one another.
Essay Topic 2
While doing his job, Vicary wonders if he has been given a chance to redeem himself. Discuss why Vicary wants to redeem himself and why he thinks he is being given a chance to do that.
Essay Topic 3
The novel is based on historical events. Select two or three fictional events in the novel and show how the author establishes the probability of these events happening.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)