|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Boothby bring Hawke to MI5?
2. Where are Churchill's private quarters located in the Underground War Rooms?
3. How old is Anna in 1925?
4. When Vicary calls the RAF meteorological service, how long do they believe there will be clear weather?
5. What is Anna's birthdate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
2. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
3. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
4. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
5. Why did Vogel burn his law books in 1933?
6. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
7. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
8. What is the source of Vicary's despair at the beginning of Chapter 29?
9. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
10. Why does Catherine regret her decision to go to the Popes for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boothby references a quote from Sun-tzu about military deception. Discuss what Sun-tzu had to say about military deception and how the British are taking his advice.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 40, Vicary realizes that he has seen the real Boothby. The objective of this lesson is to compare the persona Boothby portrays and who he really is behind scenes.
Essay Topic 3
Vicary and Churchill believe that compromises must be made in intelligence work. Discuss the compromises that must be made in intelligence work and why these compromises have to be made.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)