|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Vicary believe that the spies can travel based on the timing of the message, the blackout, and dawn?
(a) 175 miles.
(b) 150 miles.
(c) 125 miles.
(d) 160 miles.
2. What simile is used as a comparison to show how large Schellenberg's office is?
(a) 2 blocks of row houses.
(b) Gothic cathedral.
(d) Parliament building.
3. When does Jordan's memorial service take place?
(a) First day of summer.
(b) June 18.
(c) First day of spring.
(d) March 15.
4. Who brought Jordan's belongings from London?
(b) Shepherd Ramsey.
5. Who does Martin shoot at first when he gets to Dogherty's barn in Chapter 53?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time is it when Neumann and Catherine arrive at the Dogherty place?
2. What river does Neuman pass as he drives?
3. Where was Canaris's office?
4. What's the largest town in the area where Vicary wants to concentrate his resources?
5. How long ago had Mary left Ireland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
2. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
3. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
4. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
5. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
6. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
7. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
8. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
9. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
10. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)