|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it take the spies to sail five miles out to sea?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) About a half an hour.
(c) At least an hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. What color hat does Helen wear when she meets Alfred in Chapter 46?
3. How long does it take the Metropolitan Police to set up roadblocks after Vicary calls?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. How much did Dogherty pay a man to have his boat ready anytime, day or night?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
5. Who is Jane seeing romantically?
(a) Walter Hardegen.
(b) David Watson.
(c) Edmund Hughes.
(d) Myron Bingham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the squadron leader who meets Vicary at the RAF base outside Grimsby?
2. Where does Catherine tell Neumann that she wants to go to after they escape?
3. Who saw Nemann jump from the train?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 61, how long has Vogel been waiting outside Schellenberg's office?
5. Who does Braithwaite want to call at the end of Chapter 56?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
2. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
3. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
4. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
5. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
6. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
7. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
8. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
9. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
10. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)