|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Constable Thomasson?
2. Who is Jane seeing romantically?
(a) Edmund Hughes.
(b) David Watson.
(c) Myron Bingham.
(d) Walter Hardegen.
3. What road does Neumann plan to take to get them as close as possible to the waiting boat?
4. What does Dogherty eat at a pub while he waits for the evening train?
(c) Potato and carrot pie.
(d) Meat and potato pie.
5. Who does Boothy want Vicary to take with him when he goes to head up the search on the ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hardegen's control officer?
2. Where does Charlotte Endicott work?
3. When did Kapitanleutnant Hoffman receive Oak Leaves?
4. How far is the RAF base from the town of Grimsby?
5. What does Catherine use to gag Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
2. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
3. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
4. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
5. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
6. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
7. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
8. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
9. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
10. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)