|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary when she hears the shotgun blast from the barn?
(a) Upstairs in bed.
(b) In the kitchen washing dishes.
(c) On the front steps of the cottage.
(d) In the sitting room reading.
2. What time does the bombing start in Chapter 45?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
3. What type of bombers does Vicary hear when he is asking Grace to get him a file?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 61, how long has Vogel been waiting outside Schellenberg's office?
(a) 2 1/2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 1/2 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. How tall is Neumann?
(a) 6 ft.
(b) 6 ft. 2 in.
(c) 5 ft. 6 in.
(d) 5 ft. 11 in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Mary runs outside after hearing the shotgun blast?
2. In Chapter 54, how long has Braithwaite been commissioned as an officer in the Royal Navy?
3. When was Hoffman assigned to Abwehr headquarters in Berlin?
4. Who is Jane seeing romantically?
5. How old is police constable Sullivan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
2. Why does Neumann believe that Cambridge could represent trouble, but the police in villages and hamlets do not pose much of a threat?
3. How does Vogel get his wife the funds she will need to live?
4. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
5. How does Jenny stop the Camilla?
6. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
7. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
8. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
9. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
10. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)