|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hat does Helen wear when she meets Alfred in Chapter 46?
2. Who dies when the Camilla capsizes?
3. In Chapter 54, how long has Braithwaite been commissioned as an officer in the Royal Navy?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. What's the largest town in the area where Vicary wants to concentrate his resources?
(b) North Coates.
5. What type of plane takes Vicary to the RAF base outside Grimsby?
(b) Hawker Typhoon.
(c) Gloster Meteor.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Neumann and Catherine don't rendezvous with the submarine that night, how long will they have to wait for the next rendezvous?
2. What simile is used as a comparison to show how large Schellenberg's office is?
3. After leaving Helen, who does Vicary see Grace drive away with?
4. When did Kapitanleutnant Hoffman receive a Knight's Cross?
5. Who brought Jordan's belongings from London?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
2. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
3. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
4. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
5. What asset does Vogel have besides the money he has transferred out of the country?
6. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
7. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
8. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
9. What do Neumann and Catherine do after they shoot and kill police officers at a roadblock?
10. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)