|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Vogel enters Schellenberg's office, how long does Schellenberg talk on the phone?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. How old is Charlotte Endicott?
3. What is the name of Jack Kincaid's boat?
4. How close is Hoffman when he spots the running lights of the boat that Neumann is piloting?
(a) 7 mile mark.
(b) 8 mile mark.
(c) 6 mile mark.
(d) 5 mile mark.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 61, how long has Vogel been waiting outside Schellenberg's office?
(a) 1 1/2 hours.
(b) 2 1/2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Abwehr's radio center housed?
2. In Chapter 43, how long does Catherine lead the watchers on a merry chase?
3. What is the name of the church in Hampton Sands?
4. What road does Neumann plan to take to get them as close as possible to the waiting boat?
5. Who is the squadron leader who meets Vicary at the RAF base outside Grimsby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
2. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
3. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
4. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
5. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
6. How does Martin Colville die?
7. How did Catherine injure Harry when he grabbed her radio?
8. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
9. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
10. Where does Helen stay and why?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)