|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Jenny after she falls overboard?
2. What type of plane takes Vicary to the RAF base outside Grimsby?
(b) Hawker Typhoon.
(d) Gloster Meteor.
3. What is the name of the police boat that Vicary and his men take out on the water?
4. What is the latest time that a U-boat could sail because of the dawn?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
5. Who is Jane seeing romantically?
(a) Walter Hardegen.
(b) Myron Bingham.
(c) David Watson.
(d) Edmund Hughes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close is Hoffman when he spots the running lights of the boat that Neumann is piloting?
2. After the drop at the Strand, for how many hours does Neumann follow Catherine?
3. What is the name of Hardegen's control officer?
4. How long does it take the Metropolitan Police to set up roadblocks after Vicary calls?
5. What color hat does Helen wear when she meets Alfred in Chapter 46?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vicary want to coordinate the search from Grimsby?
2. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
3. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
4. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
5. What does Vicary say when Jordan asks him if he regrets not marrying?
6. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
7. When Catherine falls asleep in the van Neumann is driving, what does she dream about?
8. What kind of shape is the van in that Neumann took from the Pope warehouse?
9. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
10. What two explanations does Catherine think of when she notices Neumann following her?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)