|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Braithwaite want to call at the end of Chapter 56?
2. How old is police constable Sullivan?
(b) Barely 20.
(c) Almost 30.
3. What does Catherine use to gag Mary?
(a) Tea cloth.
(b) Cloth belt.
(d) Pieces of one of Dogherty's shirts.
4. Where does Neumann shoot the man who opens the door at the Pope warehouse?
5. How many different nationalities can Catherine pass as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vogel send his wife and daughters?
2. After the drop at the Strand, for how many hours does Neumann follow Catherine?
3. How far does Vicary believe that the spies can travel based on the timing of the message, the blackout, and dawn?
4. How close does Vicary believe a U-boat would come close to shore?
5. Where does Charlotte Endicott work?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 43, why is Neumann troubled about the message he received from Vogel early that morning?
2. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
3. What does Dogherty do when he hears about the nationwide search for two suspected killers?
4. How did Roach get into intelligence work?
5. Why does Mary say that Neumann killed Dogherty?
6. What is Vicary's problem at the beginning of Chapter 57?
7. Where has Chief Superintendent Lockwood placed men to try to catch Neumann and Catherine?
8. What does Vicary tell Jordan's son, Billy, in a letter?
9. Why had the U-509's movements been puzzling Braithwaite for weeks?
10. Where does Helen stay and why?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)