|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cooks food for Vicary and the others who are working on operation Kettledrum?
(a) The watchers.
(b) A cook is hired.
(c) The typists.
(d) A caterer.
2. What subject does Alice Simpson teach?
3. Where did Peter Jordan go to college?
(a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(b) University of California-Berkley.
(c) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
(d) Texas A&M.
4. Where does Catherine meet Neumann at the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) Kensington Square.
(b) Trafalgar Square.
(c) Grovenor Square.
(d) Belgrave Square.
5. How old is Beatrice Pymm?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people has Dicky Dobbs killed?
2. Where does Catherine go with a bag of groceries to try to bump into Peter Jordan?
3. How tall is Vicary?
4. What color are Jenny Colville's eyes?
5. Vicary's area of expertise is nineteenth-century Europe, but what history does he have a secret passion for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
2. Why does Catherine kill Rose Morley?
3. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
4. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
5. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
6. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
7. Why is Sean Dogherty willing to betray England?
8. How will the Allies send a million wireless messages?
9. Describe the prison where Becker and other spies are held.
10. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)