|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Vicary given a degenerate lorry driver who is part of Vicary's imaginative spy network?
2. What bridge did Jordan build that made him Engineer of the Year in 1938?
(a) Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
(b) Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Meramec River Bridge.
(d) Hudson River Bridge.
3. Who runs the emergency ward at St. Thomas Hospital?
(a) Maggie McBride.
(b) Enid Pritt.
(c) Bridget Smythe.
(d) Peggy Martin.
4. When did Vicary and Churchill become friends?
(a) Spring of 1934.
(b) Winter of 1936.
(c) Autumn of 1935.
(d) Summer of 1933.
5. What name is on the identification that Neumann carries when he meets Catherine for the first time?
(a) Reginald Potter.
(b) Andrew Davison.
(c) James Porter.
(d) Brian White.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eunice Wright think that two men were coming to her boarding house when a van parked in front of her house?
2. Who is supposed to command the phantom army of a million men that the Allies want Hitler to believe they have?
3. Where does Catherine drop information to Neumann in Chapter 41?
4. What killed Anna's mother?
5. What is Vernon Pope drinking when Catherine arrives at the warehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what type of food do the vast majority of British civilians survive the war?
2. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
3. Why is it necessary to build an artificial harbor for the landing at Normandy?
4. Why does Catherine kill Rose Morley?
5. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
6. Why is MI5 in a panic at the beginning of Chapter 12?
7. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
8. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
9. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
10. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)