|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which opera does Hardegan recommend seeing that is starring Herbert Janssen?
(b) Tristan und Isolde.
(d) Das Rheingold.
2. What is Boothby's wife's name?
3. When did Anna's mother die?
4. When Jordan makes his first monitored call to Catherine in Vicary's presence, where does Jordan ask her to meet him for lunch?
5. What did Becker pose as to be able to enter England and begin spying for Canris?
(a) Austrian businessman.
(b) Spanish businessman.
(c) French businessman.
(d) Swiss businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Schellenberg's father do for a living?
2. What subject does Alice Simpson teach?
3. Why did Eunice Wright think that two men were coming to her boarding house when a van parked in front of her house?
4. Where does Vicary procure headquarters for operation Kettledrum?
5. What is Shepherd Ramsey's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the prison where Becker and other spies are held.
2. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
3. How does Catherine lose Blair, Reeves, and Roach when they follow her in Chapter 39?
4. Why does Catherine decide to kill Vernon Pope and his girlfriend?
5. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
6. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
7. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
8. Who is the Pelican?
9. How will the information that Catherine collects from Jordan get to Germany?
10. How did Beatrice's killer try to make Beatrice's death look accidental?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)