|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military rank does Vicary hold?
2. When Jordan makes his first monitored call to Catherine in Vicary's presence, where does Jordan ask her to meet him for lunch?
3. Who is supposed to command the phantom army of a million men that the Allies want Hitler to believe they have?
4. What nickname is used for Vicary and his partner, Harry Dalton?
(a) Wit and Witless.
(b) Muscles & Brains, Ltd.
(c) Dumb and Dumber.
(d) Brain and Brawn.
5. What is the name of the orderly who gets the address for Catherine from St. Thomas Hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Field Marshall von Rundstedt believe that the Allies will land in France to establish a beachhead?
2. How old was Canaris when he took control of Hitler's spy agency?
3. Where did the sand come from that formed a beach at the back of the Lauterbach mansion?
4. What used to be the name of the place where Becker is imprisoned?
5. What did Schellenberg's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Neumann going to signal the U-boat?
2. The first night that Catherine spends at Jordan's house, what is she able to accomplish?
3. What is Vogel's theory regarding the information that Catherine Blake passed on?
4. Why does Neumann decide he has to find Jenny?
5. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
6. How does Vicary identify the man who Catherine may be passing her information to?
7. What story does Vicary give the BBC to run on the evening news?
8. Why does Vicary decide to pour his men and resources into Lincolnshire?
9. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
10. Why is Commander Lowe inclined to believe Charlotte Endicott when she tells him a German spy signaled a U-boat?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)