|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name has Vicary given a degenerate lorry driver who is part of Vicary's imaginative spy network?
2. At what temperature must the bathwater be in Churchill's tub?
(a) 100 degrees.
(b) 95 degrees.
(c) 90 degrees.
(d) 104 degrees.
3. How do the police say that Vernon and his girlfriend died?
(a) Stabbed through the hearts.
(b) Stabbed through the eyes.
(c) Shot in the back.
(d) Throats slit.
4. Why did Eunice Wright think that two men were coming to her boarding house when a van parked in front of her house?
(a) To deliver some groceries.
(b) To fix plumbing.
(c) To deliver some furniture.
(d) To fix a boiler.
5. Where did the sand come from that formed a beach at the back of the Lauterbach mansion?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Becker pose as to be able to enter England and begin spying for Canris?
2. Who is the superintendent of the Pope murder case?
3. What killed Anna's mother?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many German agents does MI5 suspect may be operating in Britain?
5. What color are Catherine Blake's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Vicary's shattered knee?
2. What does Vicary want to do now that they know that Catherine is a spy and has been getting information from Jordan?
3. What is Vicary's opinion of Boothby?
4. Why does Catherine contact Vernon Pope?
5. What is Hardegen's job at Lauterbach's bank?
6. In Chapter 15, where does Vicary believe that Vogel's agents are located?
7. How did Beatrice's killer try to make Beatrice's death look accidental?
8. Why is Peter Jordan living in a nice home rather than packed into a hotel or boardinghouse?
9. How does Catherine pass information to Neumann in Leicester Square?
10. Why does Catherine kill Rose Morley?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)