|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine go with a bag of groceries to try to bump into Peter Jordan?
(a) Hilton Hotel.
(b) Vandyke Club.
(c) VanDamme Club.
(d) Savoy Hotel.
2. What nickname is used for Vicary and his partner, Harry Dalton?
(a) Wit and Witless.
(b) Brain and Brawn.
(c) Dumb and Dumber.
(d) Muscles & Brains, Ltd.
3. What military designation does the place have where Becker is imprisoned?
(a) Camp 020.
(b) Camp 040.
(c) Camp 050.
(d) Camp 030.
4. What did Schellenberg's father do for a living?
(a) Made pianos.
(b) Made violins.
(c) Ran a store.
(d) Fixed automobiles.
5. What subject does Alice Simpson teach?
6. What bridge did Jordan build that made him Engineer of the Year in 1938?
(a) Meramec River Bridge.
(b) Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
(c) Hudson River Bridge.
(d) Golden Gate Bridge.
7. How many years did Catherine live in the United States when she was a girl?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. Who cooks food for Vicary and the others who are working on operation Kettledrum?
(a) The watchers.
(b) A cook is hired.
(c) A caterer.
(d) The typists.
9. Why did Beatrice Pymm die?
(a) Because she missed the last bus to Ipswich.
(b) Because she interrupted a robbery.
(c) Because she fell in the river and drowned.
(d) Because she stepped in front of a car.
10. How old was Canaris when he took control of Hitler's spy agency?
11. Who recognizes Catherine on a bus?
(a) A former cook.
(b) A former nanny.
(c) A former gardener's wife.
(d) A former housekeeper.
12. Who died and left Vicary an inheritance?
13. Who runs the emergency ward at St. Thomas Hospital?
(a) Bridget Smythe.
(b) Enid Pritt.
(c) Peggy Martin.
(d) Maggie McBride.
14. Vicary's area of expertise is nineteenth-century Europe, but what history does he have a secret passion for?
15. What is Anna's birthdate?
(a) November 15, 1910.
(b) December 25, 1910.
(c) August 18, 1910.
(d) May 12, 1910.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Becker play before becoming a spy?
2. Where does Catherine meet Neumann at the beginning of Chapter 32?
3. What type of dogs are used to patrol the footpaths around Hitler's Wolfschanze?
4. What uniform does Jordan wear in Chapter 19?
5. What is Vernon Pope drinking when Catherine arrives at the warehouse?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)