|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is used for Vicary and his partner, Harry Dalton?
(a) Muscles & Brains, Ltd.
(b) Brain and Brawn.
(c) Wit and Witless.
(d) Dumb and Dumber.
2. Where does Field Marshall von Rundstedt believe that the Allies will land in France to establish a beachhead?
3. At what temperature must the bathwater be in Churchill's tub?
(a) 100 degrees.
(b) 90 degrees.
(c) 104 degrees.
(d) 95 degrees.
4. What type of dogs are used to patrol the footpaths around Hitler's Wolfschanze?
(c) German Shepherds.
5. Who died and left Vicary an inheritance?
6. Who is the surveillance photographer who takes pictures of Catherine when she meets with Jordan outside a restaurant?
(a) Peter Davison.
(b) Brian Roberts.
(c) David Remington.
(d) Ginger Bradshaw.
7. What instrument did Becker play before becoming a spy?
(c) French horn.
8. Where does Catherine meet Neumann at the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) Kensington Square.
(b) Trafalgar Square.
(c) Belgrave Square.
(d) Grovenor Square.
9. Who runs the emergency ward at St. Thomas Hospital?
(a) Peggy Martin.
(b) Enid Pritt.
(c) Maggie McBride.
(d) Bridget Smythe.
10. Who cooks food for Vicary and the others who are working on operation Kettledrum?
(a) A caterer.
(b) The watchers.
(c) The typists.
(d) A cook is hired.
11. When did Boothby bring Hawke to MI5?
(a) August 1939.
(b) January 1939.
(c) March 1939.
(d) June 1939.
12. What name is on the identification that Neumann carries when he meets Catherine for the first time?
(a) Andrew Davison.
(b) Reginald Potter.
(c) James Porter.
(d) Brian White.
13. Who recognizes Catherine on a bus?
(a) A former nanny.
(b) A former gardener's wife.
(c) A former cook.
(d) A former housekeeper.
14. When did a case give Harry Dalton his big break when he was on the police force?
15. What name has Vicary given a degenerate lorry driver who is part of Vicary's imaginative spy network?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beatrice Pymm die?
2. Where is the home of the Fuhrer?
3. Where is the Government Code and Cipher School located?
4. Where does Catherine drop information to Neumann in Chapter 41?
5. Why did Eunice Wright think that two men were coming to her boarding house when a van parked in front of her house?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)