|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is playing when Catherine and Jordan enter the Savoy Grill in Chapter 30?
(a) Shine on Harvest Moon.
(b) And a Nightengale Sang in Berkeley Square.
(c) Goodnight Sweetheart.
(d) Lili Marlene.
2. Where is the Government Code and Cipher School located?
3. How do the police say that Vernon and his girlfriend died?
(a) Stabbed through the hearts.
(b) Throats slit.
(c) Shot in the back.
(d) Stabbed through the eyes.
4. What is the name of the orderly who gets the address for Catherine from St. Thomas Hospital?
5. How many years did Catherine live in the United States when she was a girl?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 years.
6. Who is supposed to command the phantom army of a million men that the Allies want Hitler to believe they have?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 12, how many German agents does MI5 suspect may be operating in Britain?
8. How old is Brigadefuhrer Walter Schellenberg?
9. How old is Sean Dogherty?
10. Vicary's area of expertise is nineteenth-century Europe, but what history does he have a secret passion for?
11. What nickname is used for Vicary and his partner, Harry Dalton?
(a) Brain and Brawn.
(b) Muscles & Brains, Ltd.
(c) Dumb and Dumber.
(d) Wit and Witless.
12. What bridge did Jordan build that made him Engineer of the Year in 1938?
(a) Meramec River Bridge.
(b) Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
(d) Hudson River Bridge.
13. Where was Harry Dalton born and raised?
14. Who is the superintendent of the Pope murder case?
15. When did Boothby bring Hawke to MI5?
(a) August 1939.
(b) March 1939.
(c) January 1939.
(d) June 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many divisions do the Allies hope Hitler will keep in Scandinavia if they convince him that they will attack Norway?
2. Where is the home of the Fuhrer?
3. What type of a weapon does Catherine carry when she goes to the Popes' warehouse in Chapter 21?
4. What is the name of Canaris's wife?
5. In what language is Beatrice Pymm's murderer singing after stabbing Beatrice?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)