|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of rotating Einstein universe does Hawking consider?
2. How could this energy density be created?
3. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
4. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
5. What does the Schrodinger equation specify?
Essay Topic 1
Hawking discusses the concept of brane worlds at length. Since brane worlds are a very difficult and far-reaching topic, write an essay that seeks to succinctly summarize the concept of brane worlds and their relationship with humans.
Essay Topic 2
Hawking states that the human race must be able to better itself since it will be dealing with an "increasingly complex world." Write an essay that supports or negates this argument. Be sure to include data from Chapters Five, Six, or Seven and at least two other supporting examples from your own research.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ether theory. Explain why this theory fell apart and what Einstein's role was in its deconstruction. Be sure to include at least two reasons the ether theory became redundant and unnecessary.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)