|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could time travel be possible?
2. What do black holes absorb?
3. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
4. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
5. What final state does Hawking wonder if humanity will ever reach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are zero point fluctuations and what serious effects do they have on the quantum theory of gravity? Be sure to discuss Feynman, Schwinger and Tomonaga's work with zero point fluctuations.
Essay Topic 2
Hawking's formulation of the Chronology Projection Conjecture is an important topic in Chapter Five. Write an essay that summarizes what the Chronology Projection Conjecture is, how it was formulated, and what its function is now.
Essay Topic 3
Chapter Five provides a complex picture of the interconnections between space-time, the multiple history idea, and quantum theory. Write an essay that analyzes the relationship between these three concepts, and use at least two examples from Chapter Five that support your argument.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)