|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
2. What barrier could wormholes break?
3. What kind of probability must this universe generate to produce a macroscopic time loop?
4. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
5. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the interpretation of General Relativity according to Penrose and Hawking and how this differed from Lifshitz and Khalatnikov. Cite two examples from Chapter Two that expound on Penrose and Hawking's dissimilar interpretation.
Essay Topic 2
Expound on Einstein's involvement, direct or indirect, in WWII. Be sure to discuss the relationship between scientific discovery and practical use. Analyze The Manhattan Project as an example of science and its utilization.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship of Einstein's theory of relativity to Newton's law of gravity. Name three ways these theories are similar or differ. Be sure to explain the contemporary significance of each theory and their effects on modern scientific thought.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)