|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could time travel be possible?
2. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
3. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
4. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
5. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
Essay Topic 1
Why is popular culture so enthralled by the relationship between mechanical devices and humans? Write an essay that seeks to explore the similarities and differences between computers and humans and why this either concerns or excites us.
Essay Topic 2
Using Chapter Seven as an informative text, write an essay on WIMPs. Be sure to properly define WIMPs, discuss their relationship with potential shadow brane worlds, and also analyze the lack of gamma radiation coming from black holes.
Essay Topic 3
Hawking states that the human race must be able to better itself since it will be dealing with an "increasingly complex world." Write an essay that supports or negates this argument. Be sure to include data from Chapters Five, Six, or Seven and at least two other supporting examples from your own research.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)