|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can half-determinism be preserved in relation to black holes?
(a) If subatomic travel is curved.
(b) If space-time is directed by Planck lengths.
(c) If Strominger and Vafa's 1996 postulation is true.
(d) If Einstein's theory of general relativity is true.
2. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
3. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
4. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
(a) Interesting and diversive world.
(b) Increasingly simple world.
(c) Intuitive and diverse world.
(d) Increasingly complex world.
5. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
(a) Sonic waves.
(b) Malfunctioning circuit boards.
(c) Underground wires.
(d) Electronic circuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
2. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
3. What are singularities?
4. What does the p-brane model show about information?
5. What can p-branes predict?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)