|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
(a) The Chronology Protection Conjecture.
(b) The Theoretical Projection Conjecture.
(c) The Timeline Protection Conjecture.
(d) The Chronological Spacetime Conjecture.
2. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
3. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
(a) One thousand books.
(b) Two hundred thousand books.
(c) Four hundred thousand books.
(d) Three hundred thousand books.
4. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
(a) Its light would fragment.
(b) Its heat would escape as well.
(c) Its fragrance would emit.
(d) Its temperature would rise.
5. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
(b) Information cannot be captured.
(c) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
(d) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
2. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
3. How does Hawking describe himself?
4. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
5. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hawking claim might happen if children could gestate outside the womb?
2. What will happen as brains increase in size?
3. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
4. What final thought does Hawking have about Star Trek and humanity, in the closing of Chapter 6?
5. What partially restores determinism and why?
6. What did the physicist John Wheeler mean when he said, "a black hole has no hair"?
7. What does it mean for Hawking to think one can "move" positive vacuum energy?
8. What is the main question concerning space-time, if one avoids philosophical discussion and focuses on the laws of physics?
9. How would black hole radiation occur?
10. How many books are published a year, and what does Hawking have to say about the good ones?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)