|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of evolution is described as random?
2. What is doubling its computational power every eighteen months?
3. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend on?
(a) Finding infinite spaces of negative energy.
(b) Finding contemporary spaces of positive energy.
(c) Finding contemporary spaces of negative energy.
(d) Finding local spaces of negative energy.
4. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
(b) Three quarter-determinism.
(c) Full determinism.
(d) One quarter-determinism.
5. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
(a) Square it.
(b) Divide it.
(c) Ration it.
(d) Move it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What partially restores determinism as a view?
2. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
3. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
4. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
5. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What partially restores determinism and why?
2. How would black hole radiation occur?
3. What is the Schrodinger equation?
4. What are wormholes?
5. What does Hawking claim might happen if children could gestate outside the womb?
6. What might p-branes be able to predict?
7. What is a time travel "horizon"?
8. What are three of the things Hawking declares have increased exponentially, doubling every forty years of less?
9. What did the physicist John Wheeler mean when he said, "a black hole has no hair"?
10. At what rate is the computational power of computers increasing, and what computational rate might they actually reach?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)