|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
2. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
3. For nearly all of history, what has moved forward?
(c) The Earth.
4. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
(a) Its fragrance would emit.
(b) Its light would fragment.
(c) Its temperature would rise.
(d) Its heat would escape as well.
5. What kind of energy density might an advanced civilization be able to create?
(a) An energy density finite on a time boundary.
(b) An energy density finite on a spatial plane.
(c) An energy density infinite on a spatial boundary.
(d) An energy density infinite on a level ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a civilization have to do to build a time machine?
2. What does the p-brane model show about information?
3. On what scale does Hawking think time travel occurs?
4. What final state does Hawking wonder if humanity will ever reach?
5. What laws might allow space-time to warp to allow a spaceship to travel through the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend upon?
2. How do cosmic strings relate to space-time?
3. What is a time travel "horizon"?
4. What will happen as brains increase in size?
5. What partially restores determinism and why?
6. How many books are published a year, and what does Hawking have to say about the good ones?
7. What is the main question concerning space-time, if one avoids philosophical discussion and focuses on the laws of physics?
8. What does Hawking believe black holes radiate?
9. How does Hawking begin Chapter Four?
10. What is the Schrodinger equation?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)