|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do black holes absorb?
2. On what scale does Hawking think time travel occurs?
(a) An incredibly dense scale.
(b) An incredibly small scale.
(c) An incredibly low scale.
(d) An incredibly surface-level scale.
3. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
(a) That speed is a constant.
(b) That time runs smoothly everywhere.
(c) That force is a product of gravity.
(d) That motion is inverse to acceleration.
4. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
(a) Its heat would escape as well.
(b) Its light would fragment.
(c) Its temperature would rise.
(d) Its fragrance would emit.
5. What may computers also have like human brains?
(a) Parallel processing.
(b) Computational processing.
(c) Multiple dimensions.
(d) Multiple energies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
2. What kind of explanation does Hawking give for how it might be possible to travel through time?
3. What kind of rotating Einstein universe does Hawking consider?
4. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
5. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend upon?
2. What is the Schrodinger equation?
3. What is a time travel "horizon"?
4. What might p-branes be able to predict?
5. What does Hawking think he can prove about space-time paths?
6. What did the physicist John Wheeler mean when he said, "a black hole has no hair"?
7. At what rate is the computational power of computers increasing, and what computational rate might they actually reach?
8. How would black hole radiation occur?
9. What does it mean for Hawking to think one can "move" positive vacuum energy?
10. What is the main question concerning space-time, if one avoids philosophical discussion and focuses on the laws of physics?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)