|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will create great problems for unimproved humans?
(a) Molecular physics.
(b) Genetic malfunctions.
(c) Genetic engineering.
(d) Moralistic contrivances.
2. What does the Schrodinger equation specify?
(a) The rate at which satellites operate particle states.
(b) The rate at which bell curves change with motion.
(c) The rate at which wave function changes with time.
(d) The rate at which light function changes with speed.
3. What would a civilization have to do to build a time machine?
(a) Generate enough heat to fuel the time machine's engines.
(b) Surpass a time travel "horizon."
(c) Preclude the time travel paradox.
(d) Create a new cosmos.
4. What paradox does time travel generate?
(a) The snooze button paradox.
(b) The light year paradox.
(c) The grandmother paradox.
(d) The grandfather paradox.
5. How do most discussions of time travel begin?
(a) With special relativity.
(b) With longitudinal equations.
(c) With perpendicular theorems.
(d) With general relativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outline of cosmic strings is flat?
2. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
3. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
4. How does Hawking describe himself?
5. For nearly all of history, what has moved forward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many books are published a year, and what does Hawking have to say about the good ones?
2. What will happen as brains increase in size?
3. At what rate is the computational power of computers increasing, and what computational rate might they actually reach?
4. What does Hawking think about the possible technological level of extraterrestrials?
5. What might p-branes be able to predict?
6. What does Hawking think he can prove about space-time paths?
7. What does Hawking believe black holes radiate?
8. How would black hole radiation occur?
9. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend upon?
10. What does Hawking claim might happen if children could gestate outside the womb?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)