|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
(a) Simmon's spacetime theory.
(b) Feynmann's historical theory.
(c) Quantum gravity theory.
(d) Gravitational theory.
2. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
(a) Molecular shapes.
(b) Easily-shaped positions.
(c) Well-defined positions or velocities.
(d) Round-bodied physics.
3. What can p-branes absorb?
4. What are cosmic strings?
(a) Objects with length but tiny cross sections.
(b) Planes with narrowly etched furrows.
(c) Sections of space divided into tiny lines.
(d) Points between which waves connect.
5. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
(a) Animo Acids.
(b) The genome.
(d) The womb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
2. What can p-branes predict?
3. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
4. How does Hawking describe himself?
5. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the grandfather paradox?
2. How do cosmic strings relate to space-time?
3. What might p-branes be able to predict?
4. What is the main question concerning space-time, if one avoids philosophical discussion and focuses on the laws of physics?
5. What does Hawking think about the possible technological level of extraterrestrials?
6. What does Hawking believe black holes radiate?
7. What are three of the things Hawking declares have increased exponentially, doubling every forty years of less?
8. What does Hawking claim might happen if children could gestate outside the womb?
9. What partially restores determinism and why?
10. What is the Schrodinger equation?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)