|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information cannot be captured.
(b) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
(c) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
(d) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
2. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
(a) Miniature explosions.
(b) Time bombs.
(c) Extra, multi-dimensional branes.
(d) Nothing is produced.
3. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
(a) Singularities and black holes.
(b) Black holes and the middle of the earth.
(c) Planetary rings and asteroids.
(d) Solar belts and singularities.
4. What is one hundred thousand times faster than evolution?
(a) The increase in population.
(b) The increase in energy states.
(c) The increase in information.
(d) The increase in mass growth.
5. On what scale does Hawking think time travel occurs?
(a) An incredibly dense scale.
(b) An incredibly small scale.
(c) An incredibly surface-level scale.
(d) An incredibly low scale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
2. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
3. What may computers also have like human brains?
4. What is Feynman's history idea called?
5. What is doubling its computational power every eighteen months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the physicist John Wheeler mean when he said, "a black hole has no hair"?
2. What might happen if we do not destroy ourselves?
3. What does Hawking think he can prove about space-time paths?
4. At what rate is the computational power of computers increasing, and what computational rate might they actually reach?
5. What is the Schrodinger equation?
6. What might p-branes be able to predict?
7. What does Hawking claim might happen if children could gestate outside the womb?
8. How does Hawking begin Chapter Four?
9. How do cosmic strings relate to space-time?
10. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend upon?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)