|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are wormholes?
(a) Tubes of spacetime that connect different regions of space and time.
(b) Holes between which space and time travel.
(c) Units of spacetime that connect similar regions of space and time.
(d) Molecules of open space.
2. How could this energy density be created?
(a) By taking out virtual particles in a closed loop.
(b) By dividing the molecules into fragments and then reassembling them.
(c) By separating virtual particles from real particles.
(d) By creating new weights for each energy density.
3. What kind of energy density might an advanced civilization be able to create?
(a) An energy density infinite on a spatial boundary.
(b) An energy density infinite on a level ground.
(c) An energy density finite on a time boundary.
(d) An energy density finite on a spatial plane.
4. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
(a) Magnetism and force.
(b) Energy density and population.
(c) Population and electricity consumption.
(d) Kohl states and energy acceleration.
5. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
(a) That black holes house new worlds.
(b) That black holes are composed of p-branes.
(c) That black holes are composed of f-branes.
(d) That black holes are empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What partially restores determinism as a view?
2. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend on?
3. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
4. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
5. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a time travel "horizon"?
2. At what rate is the computational power of computers increasing, and what computational rate might they actually reach?
3. How does Hawking begin Chapter Four?
4. What is the main question concerning space-time, if one avoids philosophical discussion and focuses on the laws of physics?
5. What are three of the things Hawking declares have increased exponentially, doubling every forty years of less?
6. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
7. How would black hole radiation occur?
8. How do cosmic strings relate to space-time?
9. What does Hawking think about the possible technological level of extraterrestrials?
10. What partially restores determinism and why?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)