|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole has no hair.
(b) A black hole has two hairs.
(c) A black hole is bald.
(d) A black hole is wearing a wig.
2. What can p-branes predict?
(a) The rates of emission that the virtual-particle pair indicates.
(b) The rates of emission that the molecules emit.
(c) The rates of condensation that the virtual-particle trio indicates.
(d) The rates of consumption that the real-particle pair indicates.
3. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
4. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
(a) With satellite functions.
(b) With bell curves.
(c) With light functions.
(d) With wave functions.
5. What kind of explanation does Hawking give for how it might be possible to travel through time?
(c) Blanket statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fluctuations do we have to consider to answer whether or not time travel is possible?
2. What are cosmic strings?
3. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
4. For nearly all of history, what has moved forward?
5. What is Feynman's history idea called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Schrodinger equation?
2. How does Hawking begin Chapter Four?
3. What does Hawking think about the possible technological level of extraterrestrials?
4. What is a time travel "horizon"?
5. What might p-branes be able to predict?
6. What is the grandfather paradox?
7. What partially restores determinism and why?
8. What does it mean for Hawking to think one can "move" positive vacuum energy?
9. How do cosmic strings relate to space-time?
10. What did the physicist John Wheeler mean when he said, "a black hole has no hair"?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)