|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
(a) Increasingly complex world.
(b) Intuitive and diverse world.
(c) Increasingly simple world.
(d) Interesting and diversive world.
2. In what kind of theory does matter behave according to quantum theory?
(a) Philosophical theory.
(b) Special theory.
(c) Geometrical theory.
(d) Semiclassical theory.
3. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
(a) With light functions.
(b) With satellite functions.
(c) With bell curves.
(d) With wave functions.
4. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
(a) Energy density and population.
(b) Magnetism and force.
(c) Population and electricity consumption.
(d) Kohl states and energy acceleration.
5. What do cosmic strings allow space-time to do?
(a) Push them closer together.
(b) Separate them.
(c) Push them apart.
(d) Curve around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paradox does time travel generate?
2. What outline of cosmic strings is flat?
3. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
4. What does Hawking say might happen if humans don't destroy themselves?
5. How does Hawking describe himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean for Hawking to think one can "move" positive vacuum energy?
2. What is the main question concerning space-time, if one avoids philosophical discussion and focuses on the laws of physics?
3. What does Hawking believe black holes radiate?
4. What might happen if we do not destroy ourselves?
5. How many books are published a year, and what does Hawking have to say about the good ones?
6. What did the physicist John Wheeler mean when he said, "a black hole has no hair"?
7. How does Hawking begin Chapter Four?
8. What is the grandfather paradox?
9. What is a time travel "horizon"?
10. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)