|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Honolulu and Maui.
(b) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(c) Berlin and Kohn.
(d) Paris and London.
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Hawking and Penrose.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
3. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
4. What can one not curve space without also curving?
5. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Percy Max.
(b) Max Jeoff.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Max Wurst.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
2. What does time have?
3. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
4. What is a p = 1 brane?
5. When was Einstein born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't we coherently ask why the universe is the way it is?
2. What might happen if we do not destroy ourselves?
3. How would black hole radiation occur?
4. What new sort of symmetry was discovered in the 1970s?
5. What final thought does Hawking have about Star Trek and humanity, in the closing of Chapter 6?
6. How many books are published a year, and what does Hawking have to say about the good ones?
7. What is space-time?
8. Briefly describe Einstein's involvement in the events of WWII.
9. What idea about the galaxies did Einstein never take seriously?
10. Describe imaginary time.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)