|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is independent of motion.
(b) Light is independent of time.
(c) Light is dependent on motion.
(d) Light is dependent on time.
2. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Circular lengths.
(b) Directional lengths.
(c) Horizonal lengths.
(d) Vertical lengths.
3. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(c) New York.
4. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
5. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot believe in time.
(b) We cannot say what space is.
(c) We lose all negativity.
(d) We cannot say what time is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does TOE stand for?
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
3. What does time have?
4. What can quantum theory represent?
5. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hard to reconcile with Dirac's discoveries in quantum mechanics?
2. What does it mean for stars to be red-shifted or blue-shifted?
3. What is the no boundary condition, and what does it imply?
4. Describe the contradiction of relativity to Newton's law of gravity.
5. What new sort of symmetry was discovered in the 1970s?
6. What idea about the galaxies did Einstein never take seriously?
7. Describe imaginary time.
8. What was the bedrock of relativity theory, and what did it imply?
9. What is considered to be expanding in our universe, and why does Hawking think this is beneficial?
10. What paper did Einstein write with Grossman in 1913 and what happened in 1915 related to this same project?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)