|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
(a) A time condition.
(b) A boundary.
(c) A broad scope.
(d) A narrow scope.
2. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Chicago Project.
(b) The Brooklyn Project.
(c) The Farside Project.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) In boxes.
(c) In curves.
(d) In loops.
4. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
5. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
(a) Atomic philosophy.
(b) Molecular geology.
(c) Quantum biology.
(d) Multiple histories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
2. What does time not have apart from the universe?
3. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
4. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
5. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "ether" theory?
2. What kind of history might the universe have, according to quantum mechanics?
3. What does it mean for stars to be red-shifted or blue-shifted?
4. What is vacuum energy?
5. What did Penrose and Hawking's theory have to say about the universe's history?
6. What is a p = 1 brane and a p = 2 brane?
7. What did Einstein do in 1905 that launched him to the top of the scientific community?
8. What changed about the way we view zero point fluctuations in the 1940s?
9. Why does the theory of general relativity break down when discussing the Big Bang?
10. What was the bedrock of relativity theory, and what did it imply?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)