|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Finite structures.
(b) Boundary conditions.
(c) Boundary laws.
(d) Limited perceptions.
2. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Ten dimensions.
(b) One dimension.
(c) Never-ending dimensions.
(d) Extra dimensions.
3. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Futuristic tendencies.
(b) Illegitimate significance.
(c) Independent meaning.
(d) Dependent meaning.
4. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Percy Max.
(c) Max Wurst.
(d) Max Jeoff.
5. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many galaxies are there?
2. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
4. What is a p = 2 brane?
5. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the no boundary condition, and what does it imply?
2. What was considered the foundation of a TOE and why did it go out of fashion?
3. Why do ground state fluctuations have serious effects on the quantum theory of gravity?
4. What is space-time?
5. Who worked on quantum mechanics in the 1920s, and what discovery was made?
6. What is Hawking's view about mathematical models?
7. Why does the theory of general relativity break down when discussing the Big Bang?
8. How did the general relativity theory break down?
9. What was the bedrock of relativity theory, and what did it imply?
10. What did Penrose and Hawking's theory have to say about the universe's history?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)