|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) George Markowitz.
(b) Georg Reimann.
(c) Professor Marx.
(d) Harvey Dent.
2. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That particles had a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
3. When was Einstein born?
4. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The dimensions of spacetime.
(b) The shaping of space and time.
(c) The model of a timewarp.
(d) The curves of space and time.
5. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Popper's theory of demystification.
(b) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(c) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(d) Newton's law of gravity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the universe initially expand?
2. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
3. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
5. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Penrose and Hawking's theory have to say about the universe's history?
2. What is considered to be expanding in our universe, and why does Hawking think this is beneficial?
3. Who worked on quantum mechanics in the 1920s, and what discovery was made?
4. Why can't we coherently ask why the universe is the way it is?
5. What idea about the galaxies did Einstein never take seriously?
6. What is a p = 1 brane and a p = 2 brane?
7. What new sort of symmetry was discovered in the 1970s?
8. What is space-time?
9. What did Einstein do in 1905 that launched him to the top of the scientific community?
10. What paper did Einstein write with Grossman in 1913 and what happened in 1915 related to this same project?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)