|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum geology.
(b) Quantum theory.
(c) Molecular biology.
(d) Molecular physics.
2. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
3. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
(a) The amount of space in the universe.
(b) The amount of time in the universe.
(c) The amount of thought in the universe.
(d) The amount of matter in the universe.
4. When was Einstein born?
5. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Mark time accurately.
(b) Build another theory.
(c) Generate a proof.
(d) Curve space.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are galaxies distributed through space?
2. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
3. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe imaginary time.
2. What is vacuum energy?
3. Describe the contradiction of relativity to Newton's law of gravity.
4. What new sort of symmetry was discovered in the 1970s?
5. Who worked on quantum mechanics in the 1920s, and what discovery was made?
6. What is considered to be expanding in our universe, and why does Hawking think this is beneficial?
7. What is the no boundary condition, and what does it imply?
8. What was the bedrock of relativity theory, and what did it imply?
9. Briefly describe Einstein's involvement in the events of WWII.
10. What did Einstein do in 1905 that launched him to the top of the scientific community?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)