|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
2. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) The universe is collapsing.
(b) There are extraterrestrials.
(c) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(d) The universe is expanding.
3. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
(a) Its historical fictions.
(b) Its imaginary time history and vice versa.
(c) Its fictional time history.
(d) Its third-eye time history.
4. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
5. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
(b) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(c) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
(d) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
2. What does supersymmetry imply?
3. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
4. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
5. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean for stars to be red-shifted or blue-shifted?
2. What is a p = 1 brane and a p = 2 brane?
3. What paper did Einstein write with Grossman in 1913 and what happened in 1915 related to this same project?
4. What was the "ether" theory?
5. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings' existence depends on?
6. Why do ground state fluctuations have serious effects on the quantum theory of gravity?
7. What was considered the foundation of a TOE and why did it go out of fashion?
8. What does the E = mc2 equation show?
9. What kind of history might the universe have, according to quantum mechanics?
10. What is the no boundary condition, and what does it imply?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)