|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That particles had a spin property.
(c) That molecules have a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
2. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(b) That time equals money.
(c) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(d) A universal notion of time.
3. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Third state fluctuations.
(b) Fourth state fluctuations.
(c) Second state fluctuations.
(d) Ground state fluctuations.
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Italian Academy of Science.
(b) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(c) The German Academy of Science.
(d) The American Academy of Science.
5. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
(a) Matter is converted into energy from periscopal fields.
(b) Mass is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(c) Energy is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(d) Matter is converted into weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
2. What can quantum theory represent?
3. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
4. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
5. What does TOE stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was considered the foundation of a TOE and why did it go out of fashion?
2. What is considered to be expanding in our universe, and why does Hawking think this is beneficial?
3. What is space-time?
4. Why does the theory of general relativity break down when discussing the Big Bang?
5. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings' existence depends on?
6. What does the E = mc2 equation show?
7. What did Penrose and Hawking's theory have to say about the universe's history?
8. What idea about the galaxies did Einstein never take seriously?
9. What did Einstein do in 1905 that launched him to the top of the scientific community?
10. Briefly describe Einstein's involvement in the events of WWII.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)