|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
(a) The universe will collapse in a hundred years.
(b) The universe started with a massive explosion.
(c) The universe started with a tiny whirpool of light.
(d) The universe will end with a massive explosion.
2. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
(a) Market theory.
(b) All philosophy.
(c) Gravitational spin.
(d) The universe.
3. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space are only observed.
(d) Time and space can't be observed.
4. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
(a) Multiple histories.
(b) Atomic philosophy.
(c) Quantum biology.
(d) Molecular geology.
5. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Fully and then not at all.
(b) Increasingly quick.
(c) Markedly slow.
(d) Rapidly and then more slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does time not have apart from the universe?
2. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
3. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
4. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
5. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Planck lengths helped show about the universe?
2. What was considered the foundation of a TOE and why did it go out of fashion?
3. What does Hawking think about the possible technological level of extraterrestrials?
4. Who worked on quantum mechanics in the 1920s, and what discovery was made?
5. Briefly describe Einstein's involvement in the events of WWII.
6. What is the grandfather paradox?
7. What does Hawking think he can prove about space-time paths?
8. What is considered to be expanding in our universe, and why does Hawking think this is beneficial?
9. At what rate is the computational power of computers increasing, and what computational rate might they actually reach?
10. Why can't we coherently ask why the universe is the way it is?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)