|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Chicago Project.
(b) The Farside Project.
(c) The Manhattan Project.
(d) The Brooklyn Project.
2. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(b) The universe can never be contained.
(c) The universe is self-conducted.
(d) The universe is self-contained.
3. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) General and perfect.
(b) Present perfect and past special.
(c) Normal and placid.
(d) Special and general.
4. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
(a) Its third-eye time history.
(b) Its historical fictions.
(c) Its fictional time history.
(d) Its imaginary time history and vice versa.
5. What can one not curve space without also curving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do string theories most notably lack?
2. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
3. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
4. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
5. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Penrose and Hawking's theory have to say about the universe's history?
2. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings' existence depends on?
3. What is a p = 1 brane and a p = 2 brane?
4. What was considered the foundation of a TOE and why did it go out of fashion?
5. Describe the contradiction of relativity to Newton's law of gravity.
6. Why does the theory of general relativity break down when discussing the Big Bang?
7. What is space-time?
8. What idea about the galaxies did Einstein never take seriously?
9. What is considered to be expanding in our universe, and why does Hawking think this is beneficial?
10. What changed about the way we view zero point fluctuations in the 1940s?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)