Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Grant.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Truman.
2. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
(a) Open planes.
(b) Closed surfaces.
(c) Closed lines.
(d) Curved surfaces.
3. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Honolulu and Maui.
(b) Paris and London.
(c) Berlin and Kohn.
(d) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Matter and weight.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Gravity and space.
(d) Time and conclusion.
5. What does time have?
(a) A shape.
(b) A presence.
(c) A being.
(d) A mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
4. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
5. What does supersymmetry imply?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hawking think about the possible technological level of extraterrestrials?
2. What does it mean for stars to be red-shifted or blue-shifted?
3. What is the Planck length so far as we know?
4. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend upon?
5. What was considered the foundation of a TOE and why did it go out of fashion?
6. How does Hawking begin Chapter Four?
7. What might p-branes be able to predict?
8. How many books are published a year, and what does Hawking have to say about the good ones?
9. What is Hawking's view about mathematical models?
10. How do cosmic strings relate to space-time?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)