|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
(a) The Theoretical Projection Conjecture.
(b) The Timeline Protection Conjecture.
(c) The Chronology Protection Conjecture.
(d) The Chronological Spacetime Conjecture.
2. What partially restores determinism as a view?
(a) Quantum curvature.
(b) Quantum leaps.
(c) Quantum mechanics.
(d) Quantum hopes.
3. How can one find black holes?
(a) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
(b) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
(c) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(d) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
4. How do most discussions of time travel begin?
(a) With special relativity.
(b) With general relativity.
(c) With perpendicular theorems.
(d) With longitudinal equations.
5. What outline of cosmic strings is flat?
(a) Spatial outline.
(b) Wave outline.
(c) Space-time outline.
(d) Atomic outline.
6. What does Hawking say might happen if humans don't destroy themselves?
(a) Humans will need to ration food.
(b) Humans will need to procreate rapidly.
(c) Humans will spread to other planets.
(d) Humans will find a way to live on the Earth forever.
7. What is doubling its computational power every eighteen months?
8. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
(a) Its heat would escape as well.
(b) Its light would fragment.
(c) Its fragrance would emit.
(d) Its temperature would rise.
9. How does Hawking describe himself?
(a) A positivist.
(b) A negativist.
(c) An optimist.
(d) A relationist.
10. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
(a) An escape philosophy.
(b) A present philosophy.
(c) A mature philosophy.
(d) A contemporary philosophy.
11. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
(a) General theoretical physics.
(b) Special theoretical physics.
(c) Contemporary theoretical physics.
(d) Medical theoretical physics.
12. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
13. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
14. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
(a) Population and electricity consumption.
(b) Energy density and population.
(c) Magnetism and force.
(d) Kohl states and energy acceleration.
15. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
(c) Quantum theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
2. How could this energy density be created?
3. What is a practical limit on the design of faster computers?
4. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
5. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)