|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
2. What barrier could wormholes break?
(a) The no-boundary barrier.
(b) The weight barrier.
(c) The light barrier.
(d) The sound barrier.
3. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
(a) A present philosophy.
(b) A contemporary philosophy.
(c) A mature philosophy.
(d) An escape philosophy.
4. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
(a) That motion is inverse to acceleration.
(b) That speed is a constant.
(c) That force is a product of gravity.
(d) That time runs smoothly everywhere.
5. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
6. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
(a) Three quarter-determinism.
(b) One quarter-determinism.
(c) Full determinism.
7. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
(a) Animo Acids.
(b) The womb.
(c) The genome.
8. What kind of energy density might an advanced civilization be able to create?
(a) An energy density infinite on a spatial boundary.
(b) An energy density infinite on a level ground.
(c) An energy density finite on a spatial plane.
(d) An energy density finite on a time boundary.
9. What may computers also have like human brains?
(a) Multiple dimensions.
(b) Computational processing.
(c) Multiple energies.
(d) Parallel processing.
10. How can one find black holes?
(a) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
(b) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(c) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
(d) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
11. What do cosmic strings allow space-time to do?
(a) Push them apart.
(b) Push them closer together.
(c) Curve around them.
(d) Separate them.
12. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
(a) Nothing is produced.
(b) Miniature explosions.
(c) Extra, multi-dimensional branes.
(d) Time bombs.
13. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole is wearing a wig.
(b) A black hole has two hairs.
(c) A black hole is bald.
(d) A black hole has no hair.
14. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
(a) Divide it.
(b) Ration it.
(c) Square it.
(d) Move it.
15. What are singularities?
(a) Centers that appear infinitely small and dense.
(b) Centers that appear finitely dense.
(c) Timepieces of infinitely dense space.
(d) Time structures that appear infinitely small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fluctuations do we have to consider to answer whether or not time travel is possible?
2. What question does Hawking ask about extraterrestrials?
3. What would a civilization have to do to build a time machine?
4. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
5. In what kind of theory does matter behave according to quantum theory?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)