|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may computers also have like human brains?
(a) Parallel processing.
(b) Computational processing.
(c) Multiple dimensions.
(d) Multiple energies.
2. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
(a) Simmon's spacetime theory.
(b) Feynmann's historical theory.
(c) Quantum gravity theory.
(d) Gravitational theory.
3. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
(a) Extra, multi-dimensional branes.
(b) Nothing is produced.
(c) Miniature explosions.
(d) Time bombs.
4. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
(a) Improving the quality of life for all humans.
(b) Improving human genetics.
(c) Improving human morals.
(d) Improving animal genetics.
5. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
(a) Round-bodied physics.
(b) Well-defined positions or velocities.
(c) Easily-shaped positions.
(d) Molecular shapes.
6. What kind of explanation does Hawking give for how it might be possible to travel through time?
(d) Blanket statement.
7. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
(a) Malfunctioning circuit boards.
(b) Electronic circuits.
(c) Sonic waves.
(d) Underground wires.
8. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
(a) With light functions.
(b) With wave functions.
(c) With satellite functions.
(d) With bell curves.
9. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
(a) That black holes are empty.
(b) That black holes are composed of p-branes.
(c) That black holes house new worlds.
(d) That black holes are composed of f-branes.
10. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
(a) Four hundred thousand books.
(b) Three hundred thousand books.
(c) One thousand books.
(d) Two hundred thousand books.
11. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
(a) Three quarter-determinism.
(b) One quarter-determinism.
(d) Full determinism.
12. What will create great problems for unimproved humans?
(a) Genetic malfunctions.
(b) Genetic engineering.
(c) Moralistic contrivances.
(d) Molecular physics.
13. What can p-branes predict?
(a) The rates of emission that the molecules emit.
(b) The rates of condensation that the virtual-particle trio indicates.
(c) The rates of consumption that the real-particle pair indicates.
(d) The rates of emission that the virtual-particle pair indicates.
14. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
15. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
(a) That force is a product of gravity.
(b) That motion is inverse to acceleration.
(c) That time runs smoothly everywhere.
(d) That speed is a constant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What barrier could wormholes break?
2. What are wormholes?
3. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
4. As the brain increases in size, what may become slower as it grows more complex?
5. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)