|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Grant.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Truman.
2. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
(a) Open planes.
(b) Closed surfaces.
(c) Closed lines.
(d) Curved surfaces.
3. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Honolulu and Maui.
(b) Paris and London.
(c) Berlin and Kohn.
(d) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Matter and weight.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Gravity and space.
(d) Time and conclusion.
5. What does time have?
(a) A shape.
(b) A presence.
(c) A being.
(d) A mark.
6. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(b) The speed of light will appear constant.
(c) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(d) The speed of light is independent of will.
7. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
8. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
9. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have multiple energies.
(b) This object would thrive in a black hole.
(c) This object would have two energies.
(d) This object would have zero energy.
10. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
11. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(b) Time and space are only observed.
(c) Time and space can't be observed.
(d) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
12. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Wurst.
(b) Percy Max.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Max Jeoff.
13. By what year was Einstein famous?
14. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They disliked the idea.
(b) They were delighted.
(c) They were insanely horrified.
(d) They were mystified.
15. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
(a) Its historical fictions.
(b) Its fictional time history.
(c) Its imaginary time history and vice versa.
(d) Its third-eye time history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
2. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
3. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
4. What may the no boundary condition imply?
5. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)