|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does time have?
(a) A being.
(b) A presence.
(c) A shape.
(d) A mark.
2. What do string theories most notably lack?
3. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
4. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A plane.
(b) A box.
(c) A string.
(d) A cone.
5. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(b) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(c) This this implied time was finite.
(d) That this implied time was infinite.
6. How are galaxies distributed through space?
(b) Roughly uniformly.
(c) Every two fathoms.
(d) Roughly diversely.
7. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Extra dimensions.
(b) One dimension.
(c) Never-ending dimensions.
(d) Ten dimensions.
8. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A light was turned on.
(d) A "Big Bang."
9. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(b) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(c) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(d) The philosophy of George Markus.
10. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) The universe is expanding.
(b) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(c) There are extraterrestrials.
(d) The universe is collapsing.
11. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
(a) Quantum effects.
(b) Particle effects.
(c) Atomic effects.
(d) Molecular effects.
12. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) In curves.
(c) In boxes.
(d) In loops.
13. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
14. What can one not curve space without also curving?
15. When was Einstein born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What may be a law of nature?
2. Who developed quantum theory?
3. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
4. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
5. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)