|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(b) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(c) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(d) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
3. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That this implied time was infinite.
(b) This this implied time was finite.
(c) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(d) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
4. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
5. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would thrive in a black hole.
(b) This object would have multiple energies.
(c) This object would have zero energy.
(d) This object would have two energies.
6. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The curves of space and time.
(b) The model of a timewarp.
(c) The dimensions of spacetime.
(d) The shaping of space and time.
7. What do string theories most notably lack?
8. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(b) The universe is collapsing.
(c) The universe is expanding.
(d) There are extraterrestrials.
9. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe can never be contained.
(b) The universe is self-contained.
(c) The universe is self-conducted.
(d) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
10. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum theory.
(b) Quantum geology.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Molecular biology.
11. When was Einstein born?
12. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Everything.
(b) Theory of Excellence.
(c) Theory of Everywhere.
(d) Theory on Ether.
13. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
(a) The universe will end with a massive explosion.
(b) The universe started with a massive explosion.
(c) The universe will collapse in a hundred years.
(d) The universe started with a tiny whirpool of light.
14. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(b) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(c) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(d) The philosophy of George Markus.
15. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(b) Markedly slow.
(c) Fully and then not at all.
(d) Increasingly quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
3. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
5. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)