|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
2. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Build another theory.
(b) Curve space.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Generate a proof.
3. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Molecular biology.
(b) Quantum geology.
(c) Quantum theory.
(d) Molecular physics.
4. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot believe in time.
(b) We cannot say what space is.
(c) We cannot say what time is.
(d) We lose all negativity.
5. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Professor Marx.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Georg Reimann.
6. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Grant.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Truman.
7. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
(b) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
(c) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(d) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
8. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The curves of space and time.
(b) The dimensions of spacetime.
(c) The model of a timewarp.
(d) The shaping of space and time.
9. What may be a law of nature?
10. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Everything.
(b) Theory of Excellence.
(c) Theory on Ether.
(d) Theory of Everywhere.
11. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of scientific laws.
(b) In terms of philosophy.
(c) In terms of scientific arguments.
(d) In terms of religious theories.
12. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Laws are always fallible.
(d) Most laws need to be rewritten.
13. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Boundary laws.
(b) Limited perceptions.
(c) Finite structures.
(d) Boundary conditions.
14. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Time and conclusion.
(b) Gravity and space.
(c) Mass and energy.
(d) Matter and weight.
15. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) The universe is expanding.
(b) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(c) The universe is collapsing.
(d) There are extraterrestrials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
2. When was Einstein born?
3. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
5. Who developed quantum theory?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)