|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Paris and London.
(b) Honolulu and Maui.
(c) Berlin and Kohn.
(d) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
3. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
(a) Molecular geology.
(b) Multiple histories.
(c) Quantum biology.
(d) Atomic philosophy.
4. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Everywhere.
(b) Theory of Excellence.
(c) Theory on Ether.
(d) Theory of Everything.
5. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
6. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
7. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Markedly slow.
(b) Increasingly quick.
(c) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(d) Fully and then not at all.
8. What can one not curve space without also curving?
9. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They were insanely horrified.
(b) They were delighted.
(c) They disliked the idea.
(d) They were mystified.
10. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
(a) All philosophy.
(b) Market theory.
(c) The universe.
(d) Gravitational spin.
11. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It delighted them.
(b) It scared them.
(c) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(d) It mystified them.
12. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became irrelevant.
(b) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(c) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(d) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
13. What does time have?
(a) A presence.
(b) A being.
(c) A mark.
(d) A shape.
14. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Truman.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) President Grant.
(d) President Roosevelt.
15. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
(a) Why the universe is so big.
(b) Why the universe is the way it is.
(c) Why the universe will end.
(d) Why the universe is so small.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
2. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
3. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
4. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
5. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)