|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have multiple energies.
(b) This object would have zero energy.
(c) This object would have two energies.
(d) This object would thrive in a black hole.
2. When was Einstein born?
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In curves.
(b) In boxes.
(c) In loops.
(d) In straight lines.
4. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
(a) The amount of matter in the universe.
(b) The amount of time in the universe.
(c) The amount of space in the universe.
(d) The amount of thought in the universe.
5. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(b) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(c) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(d) Colloborating on a second effort.
6. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Mass and energy.
(b) Matter and weight.
(c) Gravity and space.
(d) Time and conclusion.
7. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(b) The Seattle School of Law.
(c) Technical Teaching School.
(d) Simmons Seminary.
8. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) General and perfect.
(b) Present perfect and past special.
(c) Normal and placid.
(d) Special and general.
9. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
10. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of symmetry.
(b) A new sort of planck.
(c) A new sort of timewarp.
(d) A new sort of plane.
11. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
12. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That molecules have a spin property.
(b) That particles had a spin property.
(c) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
13. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Ten dimensions.
(b) Extra dimensions.
(c) Never-ending dimensions.
(d) One dimension.
14. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Molecular biology.
(b) Quantum theory.
(c) Quantum geology.
(d) Molecular physics.
15. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
3. How did the universe initially expand?
4. How are galaxies distributed through space?
5. What does time not have apart from the universe?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)