|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would thrive in a black hole.
(b) This object would have multiple energies.
(c) This object would have two energies.
(d) This object would have zero energy.
2. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(b) Space-time became irrelevant.
(c) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(d) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A surface.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A geometrical unit.
(d) A wall.
4. What do string theories most notably lack?
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Ten dimensions.
(b) One dimension.
(c) Never-ending dimensions.
(d) Extra dimensions.
6. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(b) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(c) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(d) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
7. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Billions and billions.
(b) Five million.
(c) Two trillion.
(d) One hundred thousand.
8. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(d) Laws are always fallible.
9. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(b) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
(c) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
(d) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
10. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
11. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
(a) Black holes can be found within large collections of stars.
(b) Super novas are common in collections of stars.
(c) Collections of stars always have two megastars.
(d) They are sometimes red-shifted and blue-shifted.
12. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Excellence.
(b) Theory of Everything.
(c) Theory on Ether.
(d) Theory of Everywhere.
13. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Build another theory.
(b) Generate a proof.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Curve space.
14. When was Einstein born?
15. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum geology.
(b) Quantum theory.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Molecular biology.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the universe initially expand?
2. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
3. Where did Einstein accept a position?
4. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)