|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
2. What can one not curve space without also curving?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Vertical lengths.
(b) Circular lengths.
(c) Horizonal lengths.
(d) Directional lengths.
4. What may be a law of nature?
5. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum geology.
(b) Molecular biology.
(c) Quantum theory.
(d) Molecular physics.
6. By what year was Einstein famous?
7. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space can't be observed.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(d) Time and space are only observed.
8. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That particles had a spin property.
(b) That strings have a spin property.
(c) That molecules have a spin property.
(d) That gamma rays have a spin property.
9. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In boxes.
(b) In curves.
(c) In loops.
(d) In straight lines.
10. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(b) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(c) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(d) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
11. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Everything.
(b) Theory on Ether.
(c) Theory of Everywhere.
(d) Theory of Excellence.
12. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Supertheoric partner theories.
(b) Particle accelerator theories.
(c) Supergravity theories.
(d) Symmetric movement theories.
13. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Popper's theory of demystification.
(b) Newton's law of gravity.
(c) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(d) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
14. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
(a) A time condition.
(b) A boundary.
(c) A narrow scope.
(d) A broad scope.
15. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
2. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
3. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
4. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
5. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)