|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = mc3.
(b) E = cm3.
(c) E = mc2.
(d) G = cm2.
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by a plane.
(b) As if moved by a field.
(c) As if moved by gravity.
(d) As if moved by magnets.
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) In boxes.
(c) In curves.
(d) In loops.
4. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Molecular biology.
(b) Quantum theory.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Quantum geology.
5. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It mystified them.
(b) It delighted them.
(c) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(d) It scared them.
6. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
(a) The universe started with a tiny whirpool of light.
(b) The universe will end with a massive explosion.
(c) The universe will collapse in a hundred years.
(d) The universe started with a massive explosion.
7. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The shaping of space and time.
(b) The curves of space and time.
(c) The dimensions of spacetime.
(d) The model of a timewarp.
8. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have zero energy.
(b) This object would thrive in a black hole.
(c) This object would have multiple energies.
(d) This object would have two energies.
9. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
(a) Collections of stars always have two megastars.
(b) They are sometimes red-shifted and blue-shifted.
(c) Black holes can be found within large collections of stars.
(d) Super novas are common in collections of stars.
10. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
(a) The universe will explode.
(b) The universe will never expand.
(c) The universe will expand forever.
(d) The universe will stop expanding in two span.
11. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Time, ciphers, and values.
(b) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(c) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
(d) Space, time, and reality.
12. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(b) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(c) The speed of light will appear constant.
(d) The speed of light is independent of will.
13. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Vertical lengths.
(b) Horizonal lengths.
(c) Circular lengths.
(d) Directional lengths.
14. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
(a) Multiple histories.
(b) Atomic philosophy.
(c) Molecular geology.
(d) Quantum biology.
15. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Grant.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Truman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
2. What do models based on imaginary time make?
3. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
4. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
5. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)