|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
(b) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(c) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
(d) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
2. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Time and conclusion.
(c) Mass and energy.
(d) Matter and weight.
3. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
4. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Georg Reimann.
(b) Professor Marx.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) George Markowitz.
5. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Two-dimensional planes.
(b) Four-dimensional space-time.
(c) Three-dimensional physics.
(d) Five-dimensional warp speed.
6. How are galaxies distributed through space?
(a) Roughly uniformly.
(b) Roughly diversely.
(c) Every two fathoms.
7. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
8. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot say what time is.
(b) We cannot believe in time.
(c) We lose all negativity.
(d) We cannot say what space is.
9. What do string theories most notably lack?
10. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
11. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
(a) Market theory.
(b) The universe.
(c) All philosophy.
(d) Gravitational spin.
12. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have multiple energies.
(b) This object would have zero energy.
(c) This object would have two energies.
(d) This object would thrive in a black hole.
13. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(b) Time and space can't be observed.
(c) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(d) Time and space are only observed.
14. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
15. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Generate a proof.
(b) Mark time accurately.
(c) Curve space.
(d) Build another theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
2. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
3. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
4. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
5. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)