|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are only observed.
(b) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(c) Time and space can't be observed.
(d) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
2. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
(a) Quantum biology.
(b) Molecular geology.
(c) Atomic philosophy.
(d) Multiple histories.
3. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Futuristic tendencies.
(b) Independent meaning.
(c) Dependent meaning.
(d) Illegitimate significance.
4. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) Harvey Dent.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Georg Reimann.
5. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Brooklyn Project.
(b) The Farside Project.
(c) The Manhattan Project.
(d) The Chicago Project.
6. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(b) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(c) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(d) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
7. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Space, time, and reality.
(b) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(c) Time, ciphers, and values.
(d) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
8. By what year was Einstein famous?
9. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A light was turned on.
(b) A "Big Bang."
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
10. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Billions and billions.
(b) Two trillion.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Five million.
11. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Markedly slow.
(b) Increasingly quick.
(c) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(d) Fully and then not at all.
12. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The German Academy of Science.
(b) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(c) The Italian Academy of Science.
(d) The American Academy of Science.
13. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(b) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(c) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(d) Colloborating on a second effort.
14. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light will appear constant.
(b) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(c) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(d) The speed of light is independent of will.
15. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A geometrical unit.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A surface.
(d) A wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
2. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
4. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
5. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)