|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
(a) Interesting and diversive world.
(b) Intuitive and diverse world.
(c) Increasingly simple world.
(d) Increasingly complex world.
2. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on time.
(b) Light is independent of time.
(c) Light is dependent on motion.
(d) Light is independent of motion.
3. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) E = cm3.
(b) G = mc3.
(c) G = cm2.
(d) E = mc2.
4. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
(a) With satellite functions.
(b) With light functions.
(c) With bell curves.
(d) With wave functions.
5. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They were insanely horrified.
(b) They were delighted.
(c) They disliked the idea.
(d) They were mystified.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can half-determinism be preserved in relation to black holes?
2. What kind of world does Hawking say we live in?
3. When was Einstein born?
4. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
5. What outline of cosmic strings is flat?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)