|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
(a) Multiple histories.
(b) Quantum biology.
(c) Atomic philosophy.
(d) Molecular geology.
2. For nearly all of history, what has moved forward?
(c) The Earth.
3. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Penrose and Hawking.
(b) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Popper and Newkowitz.
4. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
(b) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
(c) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
(d) Information cannot be captured.
5. What is the Planck length?
(a) The biggest length in physics.
(b) The biggest weight in physics.
(c) The smallest weight in physics.
(d) The smallest length in physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a brane was small what might happen?
2. What may we be able to probe the other dimensions with?
3. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
4. What kind of evolution is described as random?
5. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)