|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by a plane.
(b) As if moved by magnets.
(c) As if moved by gravity.
(d) As if moved by a field.
2. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend on?
(a) Finding contemporary spaces of negative energy.
(b) Finding local spaces of negative energy.
(c) Finding contemporary spaces of positive energy.
(d) Finding infinite spaces of negative energy.
3. What does the Schrodinger equation specify?
(a) The rate at which satellites operate particle states.
(b) The rate at which light function changes with speed.
(c) The rate at which wave function changes with time.
(d) The rate at which bell curves change with motion.
4. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Increasingly quick.
(b) Fully and then not at all.
(c) Markedly slow.
(d) Rapidly and then more slowly.
5. How many galaxies are there?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Two trillion.
(c) Billions and billions.
(d) Five million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
2. What do black holes absorb?
3. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
4. Who does Hawking say is utterly different from Newton?
5. Where does Hawking claim the matter we have not observed might be?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)