|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fluctuations do we have to consider to answer whether or not time travel is possible?
(a) Spatial fluctuations.
(b) Geological fluctuations.
(c) Quantum fluctuations.
(d) Spacetime fluctuations.
2. How many galaxies are there?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Five million.
(c) Billions and billions.
(d) Two trillion.
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Farside Project.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) The Brooklyn Project.
(d) The Chicago Project.
4. How do most discussions of time travel begin?
(a) With general relativity.
(b) With longitudinal equations.
(c) With special relativity.
(d) With perpendicular theorems.
5. How can half-determinism be preserved in relation to black holes?
(a) If Strominger and Vafa's 1996 postulation is true.
(b) If space-time is directed by Planck lengths.
(c) If subatomic travel is curved.
(d) If Einstein's theory of general relativity is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed quantum theory?
2. What is one hundred thousand times faster than evolution?
3. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
4. What do black holes absorb?
5. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)