|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may be a law of nature?
2. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
(a) A beginning and an ending.
(b) A single history or every possible history.
(c) Five histories.
(d) Infinite knowledge.
3. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
(a) The genome.
(b) Animo Acids.
(c) The womb.
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A universal notion of time.
(b) That time equals money.
(c) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(d) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) Special and general.
(b) General and perfect.
(c) Normal and placid.
(d) Present perfect and past special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
2. What barrier could wormholes break?
3. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
4. As the brain increases in size, what may become slower as it grows more complex?
5. What is a practical limit on the design of faster computers?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)