|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) President Grant.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Truman.
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) Georg Reimann.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Harvey Dent.
3. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Newton's law of gravity.
(b) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(c) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(d) Popper's theory of demystification.
4. What may computers also have like human brains?
(a) Multiple dimensions.
(b) Computational processing.
(c) Parallel processing.
(d) Multiple energies.
5. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
(a) Social development.
(b) Religious development.
(c) Biological and electronic development.
(d) Weapon development.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
2. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
3. What kind of world does Hawking say we live in?
4. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
5. What do cosmic strings allow space-time to do?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)