|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Farside Project.
(b) The Brooklyn Project.
(c) The Chicago Project.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
2. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = cm2.
(b) G = mc3.
(c) E = mc2.
(d) E = cm3.
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(b) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(c) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
4. What outline of cosmic strings is flat?
(a) Atomic outline.
(b) Spatial outline.
(c) Space-time outline.
(d) Wave outline.
5. How can one find black holes?
(a) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
(b) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
(c) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(d) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of particles are WIMPS?
2. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
3. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
4. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
5. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)