|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are singularities?
(a) Time structures that appear infinitely small.
(b) Timepieces of infinitely dense space.
(c) Centers that appear infinitely small and dense.
(d) Centers that appear finitely dense.
2. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
(a) Gravitational spin.
(b) Market theory.
(c) The universe.
(d) All philosophy.
3. What barrier could wormholes break?
(a) The light barrier.
(b) The weight barrier.
(c) The sound barrier.
(d) The no-boundary barrier.
4. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
(a) Ration it.
(b) Move it.
(c) Square it.
(d) Divide it.
5. When was Einstein born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
2. What final state does Hawking wonder if humanity will ever reach?
3. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
4. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
5. What does time have?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)