|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fluctuations do we have to consider to answer whether or not time travel is possible?
(a) Spatial fluctuations.
(b) Spacetime fluctuations.
(c) Geological fluctuations.
(d) Quantum fluctuations.
2. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Billions and billions.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Five million.
(d) Two trillion.
3. What does Hawking claim might permeate all of space-time at higher dimensions?
4. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A cone.
(b) A plane.
(c) A box.
(d) A string.
5. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Boundary conditions.
(b) Boundary laws.
(c) Limited perceptions.
(d) Finite structures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
2. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
3. Where does Hawking claim the matter we have not observed might be?
4. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
5. What kind of explanation does Hawking give for how it might be possible to travel through time?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)