|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It delighted them.
(b) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(c) It mystified them.
(d) It scared them.
2. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole has two hairs.
(b) A black hole has no hair.
(c) A black hole is bald.
(d) A black hole is wearing a wig.
3. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
(a) Improving animal genetics.
(b) Improving the quality of life for all humans.
(c) Improving human morals.
(d) Improving human genetics.
4. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
(a) Round-bodied physics.
(b) Easily-shaped positions.
(c) Well-defined positions or velocities.
(d) Molecular shapes.
5. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) Blanket superstitions.
(b) False predictions.
(c) Good predictions.
(d) Innumerable falsities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
2. What do black holes absorb?
3. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
4. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
5. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)