|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Truman.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Grant.
(d) President Johnson.
2. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
(a) After 1988.
(b) Before 1988.
(c) After 1985.
(d) Before 1985.
3. What barrier could wormholes break?
(a) The no-boundary barrier.
(b) The sound barrier.
(c) The light barrier.
(d) The weight barrier.
4. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
(a) A beginning and an ending.
(b) Infinite knowledge.
(c) A single history or every possible history.
(d) Five histories.
5. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A surface.
(c) A wall.
(d) A geometrical unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the aforementioned nutshells contain?
2. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
3. What is determinism threatened by?
4. Who predicts that brane world could appear as bubbles?
5. What does Hawking claim might permeate all of space-time at higher dimensions?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)