|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If branes go on forever, what may be siphoned off of the universe?
(c) Carbon dioxide.
(d) Gravitational energy.
2. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
(a) Atomic philosophy.
(b) Quantum biology.
(c) Multiple histories.
(d) Molecular geology.
3. What would branes forming on the surface of other branes produce?
(a) Multiple-dimensional space.
(b) Lower-dimensional space.
(d) Higher-dimensional space.
4. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
(a) The universe started with a massive explosion.
(b) The universe started with a tiny whirpool of light.
(c) The universe will collapse in a hundred years.
(d) The universe will end with a massive explosion.
5. What kind of probability must this universe generate to produce a macroscopic time loop?
(a) A high enough probability.
(b) A low enough probability.
(c) A no boundary probability.
(d) A functional probability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
2. What may we be able to probe the other dimensions with?
3. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
4. What does Hawking say might happen if humans don't destroy themselves?
5. What laws might allow space-time to warp to allow a spaceship to travel through the past?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)