|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Mass and energy.
(b) Matter and weight.
(c) Time and conclusion.
(d) Gravity and space.
2. How many formulations does the M-Theory have?
(a) Three formulations.
(b) Two formulations.
(c) Multiple formations we can't count.
(d) No single formulation that we know of.
3. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
4. As the brain increases in size, what may become slower as it grows more complex?
(a) Hard drives.
(c) Informational value.
(d) Informational weight.
5. What would branes forming on the surface of other branes produce?
(b) Multiple-dimensional space.
(c) Higher-dimensional space.
(d) Lower-dimensional space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
2. What are singularities?
3. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
4. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
5. How does Hawking describe himself?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)