|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A "Big Bang."
(c) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(d) A light was turned on.
2. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe is self-conducted.
(b) The universe is self-contained.
(c) The universe can never be contained.
(d) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
3. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The curves of space and time.
(b) The dimensions of spacetime.
(c) The shaping of space and time.
(d) The model of a timewarp.
4. What is the other name for the M-Theory?
(a) The Magnificent Question.
(b) The Theory of Everything.
(c) The Theory of the Universe.
(d) The Matter of Things.
5. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
2. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
4. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
5. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)