|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
2. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(b) The speed of light is independent of will.
(c) The speed of light will appear constant.
(d) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
3. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
(a) Energy density and population.
(b) Kohl states and energy acceleration.
(c) Magnetism and force.
(d) Population and electricity consumption.
4. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
(a) Special theoretical physics.
(b) Medical theoretical physics.
(c) General theoretical physics.
(d) Contemporary theoretical physics.
5. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Two trillion.
(b) Five million.
(c) Billions and billions.
(d) One hundred thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Planck length?
2. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
3. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
4. What do models based on imaginary time make?
5. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)