|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Brane New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) E = mc2.
(b) G = mc3.
(c) G = cm2.
(d) E = cm3.
2. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We lose all negativity.
(b) We cannot say what time is.
(c) We cannot say what space is.
(d) We cannot believe in time.
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A wall.
(b) A surface.
(c) A geometrical unit.
(d) A ladder.
4. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
(a) The Timeline Protection Conjecture.
(b) The Chronology Protection Conjecture.
(c) The Chronological Spacetime Conjecture.
(d) The Theoretical Projection Conjecture.
5. What kind of viewpoint is Hawking described as having?
(a) A negativist viewpoint.
(b) A blanket viewpoint.
(c) A positivist viewpoint.
(d) A reactionary viewpoint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the p-brane model show about information?
2. What is the Planck length?
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
4. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
5. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)