|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can p-branes predict?
(a) The rates of condensation that the virtual-particle trio indicates.
(b) The rates of consumption that the real-particle pair indicates.
(c) The rates of emission that the molecules emit.
(d) The rates of emission that the virtual-particle pair indicates.
2. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(b) Time and space can't be observed.
(c) Time and space are only observed.
(d) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
3. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot say what space is.
(b) We cannot say what time is.
(c) We cannot believe in time.
(d) We lose all negativity.
4. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(c) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(d) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
2. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
3. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
4. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
5. What are singularities?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)