|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have multiple energies.
(b) This object would thrive in a black hole.
(c) This object would have two energies.
(d) This object would have zero energy.
2. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe is self-conducted.
(b) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(c) The universe can never be contained.
(d) The universe is self-contained.
3. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
(a) Super novas are common in collections of stars.
(b) They are sometimes red-shifted and blue-shifted.
(c) Collections of stars always have two megastars.
(d) Black holes can be found within large collections of stars.
4. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We lose all negativity.
(b) We cannot say what space is.
(c) We cannot say what time is.
(d) We cannot believe in time.
5. What kind of energy density might an advanced civilization be able to create?
(a) An energy density infinite on a level ground.
(b) An energy density finite on a time boundary.
(c) An energy density finite on a spatial plane.
(d) An energy density infinite on a spatial boundary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
2. What laws might allow space-time to warp to allow a spaceship to travel through the past?
3. What do models based on imaginary time make?
4. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
5. What do black holes absorb?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)