|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A wall.
(c) A surface.
(d) A geometrical unit.
2. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(b) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(c) This this implied time was finite.
(d) That this implied time was infinite.
3. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A plane.
(b) A string.
(c) A cone.
(d) A box.
4. What do black holes absorb?
5. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
(a) The Timeline Protection Conjecture.
(b) The Theoretical Projection Conjecture.
(c) The Chronological Spacetime Conjecture.
(d) The Chronology Protection Conjecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
2. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
3. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
5. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)