|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
(a) The Chronology Protection Conjecture.
(b) The Chronological Spacetime Conjecture.
(c) The Theoretical Projection Conjecture.
(d) The Timeline Protection Conjecture.
2. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became irrelevant.
(b) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(c) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(d) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
3. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
4. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light will appear constant.
(b) The speed of light is independent of will.
(c) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(d) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
2. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
3. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
4. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
5. How do most discussions of time travel begin?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)