|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
(a) Electronic circuits.
(b) Underground wires.
(c) Malfunctioning circuit boards.
(d) Sonic waves.
2. How can one find black holes?
(a) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
(b) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
(c) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(d) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
3. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
(a) Quick and methodical.
(b) Fast and furious.
(c) Slow and tedious.
(d) Slow and easy.
4. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(b) This this implied time was finite.
(c) That this implied time was infinite.
(d) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
5. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) The Seattle School of Law.
(b) Simmons Seminary.
(c) Technical Teaching School.
(d) The Federal Polytechnic School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
2. What may computers also have like human brains?
3. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
4. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
5. As the brain increases in size, what may become slower as it grows more complex?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)