|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(b) The American Academy of Science.
(c) The German Academy of Science.
(d) The Italian Academy of Science.
2. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
3. What do cosmic strings allow space-time to do?
(a) Push them apart.
(b) Push them closer together.
(c) Curve around them.
(d) Separate them.
4. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Five million.
(b) Billions and billions.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Two trillion.
5. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(b) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(c) A universal notion of time.
(d) That time equals money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
2. What does time have?
3. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
4. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
5. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)