|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
(d) Quantum theory.
2. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of planck.
(b) A new sort of plane.
(c) A new sort of symmetry.
(d) A new sort of timewarp.
3. What does Hawking say might happen if humans don't destroy themselves?
(a) Humans will spread to other planets.
(b) Humans will find a way to live on the Earth forever.
(c) Humans will need to ration food.
(d) Humans will need to procreate rapidly.
4. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
5. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
(a) Four hundred thousand books.
(b) Two hundred thousand books.
(c) Three hundred thousand books.
(d) One thousand books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could this energy density be created?
2. What laws might allow space-time to warp to allow a spaceship to travel through the past?
3. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
4. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
5. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)