|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The German Academy of Science.
(b) The American Academy of Science.
(c) The Italian Academy of Science.
(d) The Prussian Academy of Science.
2. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = cm2.
(b) E = cm3.
(c) G = mc3.
(d) E = mc2.
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Manhattan Project.
(b) The Farside Project.
(c) The Brooklyn Project.
(d) The Chicago Project.
4. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The philosophy of George Markus.
(b) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(c) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(d) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
5. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the universe initially expand?
2. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
3. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
4. What does Hawking resist believing in?
5. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)