|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are cosmic strings?
(a) Sections of space divided into tiny lines.
(b) Objects with length but tiny cross sections.
(c) Planes with narrowly etched furrows.
(d) Points between which waves connect.
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Berlin and Kohn.
(b) Paris and London.
(c) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(d) Honolulu and Maui.
3. What are wormholes?
(a) Units of spacetime that connect similar regions of space and time.
(b) Molecules of open space.
(c) Holes between which space and time travel.
(d) Tubes of spacetime that connect different regions of space and time.
4. What is one hundred thousand times faster than evolution?
(a) The increase in mass growth.
(b) The increase in information.
(c) The increase in energy states.
(d) The increase in population.
5. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
(a) They are sometimes red-shifted and blue-shifted.
(b) Collections of stars always have two megastars.
(c) Black holes can be found within large collections of stars.
(d) Super novas are common in collections of stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
2. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
4. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
5. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)