|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fluctuations do we have to consider to answer whether or not time travel is possible?
(a) Geological fluctuations.
(b) Quantum fluctuations.
(c) Spatial fluctuations.
(d) Spacetime fluctuations.
2. What can p-branes absorb?
3. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
4. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
(a) Singularities and black holes.
(b) Black holes and the middle of the earth.
(c) Planetary rings and asteroids.
(d) Solar belts and singularities.
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on time.
(b) Light is independent of time.
(c) Light is independent of motion.
(d) Light is dependent on motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
2. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
3. What does the p-brane model show about information?
4. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
5. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)