|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) The universe is expanding.
(b) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(c) The universe is collapsing.
(d) There are extraterrestrials.
2. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are only observed.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(d) Time and space can't be observed.
3. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Matter and weight.
(c) Time and conclusion.
(d) Mass and energy.
4. What laws might allow space-time to warp to allow a spaceship to travel through the past?
(a) The laws of calculus.
(b) The laws of geometry.
(c) The laws of aerodynamics.
(d) The laws of physics.
5. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are wormholes?
2. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
3. What can p-branes absorb?
4. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
5. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)