|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
(a) Mass is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(b) Energy is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(c) Matter is converted into energy from periscopal fields.
(d) Matter is converted into weight.
2. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(b) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(c) Newton's law of gravity.
(d) Popper's theory of demystification.
3. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = mc3.
(b) E = mc2.
(c) E = cm3.
(d) G = cm2.
4. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
(a) Divide it.
(b) Square it.
(c) Move it.
(d) Ration it.
5. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
(a) Fast and furious.
(b) Slow and easy.
(c) Slow and tedious.
(d) Quick and methodical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
2. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
3. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
4. In what kind of theory does matter behave according to quantum theory?
5. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)