|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Directional lengths.
(b) Horizonal lengths.
(c) Circular lengths.
(d) Vertical lengths.
2. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
(a) A time condition.
(b) A broad scope.
(c) A narrow scope.
(d) A boundary.
3. How could this energy density be created?
(a) By dividing the molecules into fragments and then reassembling them.
(b) By taking out virtual particles in a closed loop.
(c) By separating virtual particles from real particles.
(d) By creating new weights for each energy density.
4. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory on Ether.
(b) Theory of Everywhere.
(c) Theory of Everything.
(d) Theory of Excellence.
5. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Penrose and Hawking.
(b) Popper and Newkowitz.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Lifshitz and Hawking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are singularities?
2. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
3. How could time travel be possible?
4. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
5. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)