|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What paradox does time travel generate?
(a) The grandmother paradox.
(b) The grandfather paradox.
(c) The light year paradox.
(d) The snooze button paradox.
2. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(b) Space-time became irrelevant.
(c) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(d) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
3. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
(a) A contemporary philosophy.
(b) An escape philosophy.
(c) A present philosophy.
(d) A mature philosophy.
4. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
(a) Black holes and the middle of the earth.
(b) Planetary rings and asteroids.
(c) Singularities and black holes.
(d) Solar belts and singularities.
5. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Horizonal lengths.
(b) Vertical lengths.
(c) Directional lengths.
(d) Circular lengths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
2. By what year was Einstein famous?
3. In what kind of theory does matter behave according to quantum theory?
4. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
5. What are singularities?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)