|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) Georg Reimann.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Harvey Dent.
2. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Time and conclusion.
(d) Matter and weight.
3. What kind of explanation does Hawking give for how it might be possible to travel through time?
(a) Blanket statement.
4. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Vertical lengths.
(b) Directional lengths.
(c) Horizonal lengths.
(d) Circular lengths.
5. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Popper and Newkowitz.
(b) Penrose and Hawking.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Lifshitz and Hawking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
2. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
3. What is a p = 1 brane?
4. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
5. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)