|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
(a) Quantum gravity theory.
(b) Feynmann's historical theory.
(c) Gravitational theory.
(d) Simmon's spacetime theory.
2. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
(b) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
(c) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(d) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
3. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
4. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They were insanely horrified.
(b) They were mystified.
(c) They were delighted.
(d) They disliked the idea.
5. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of religious theories.
(b) In terms of philosophy.
(c) In terms of scientific laws.
(d) In terms of scientific arguments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
2. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
3. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
4. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
5. What kind of fluctuations do we have to consider to answer whether or not time travel is possible?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)