|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can one not curve space without also curving?
2. In what kind of theory does matter behave according to quantum theory?
(a) Philosophical theory.
(b) Geometrical theory.
(c) Semiclassical theory.
(d) Special theory.
3. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Two-dimensional planes.
(b) Four-dimensional space-time.
(c) Three-dimensional physics.
(d) Five-dimensional warp speed.
4. By what year was Einstein famous?
5. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
(a) Singularities and black holes.
(b) Black holes and the middle of the earth.
(c) Solar belts and singularities.
(d) Planetary rings and asteroids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
4. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
5. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)