|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
(a) That black holes house new worlds.
(b) That black holes are composed of f-branes.
(c) That black holes are empty.
(d) That black holes are composed of p-branes.
2. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Manhattan Project.
(b) The Chicago Project.
(c) The Brooklyn Project.
(d) The Farside Project.
3. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of philosophy.
(b) In terms of scientific laws.
(c) In terms of religious theories.
(d) In terms of scientific arguments.
4. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Limited perceptions.
(b) Boundary laws.
(c) Finite structures.
(d) Boundary conditions.
5. What are wormholes?
(a) Holes between which space and time travel.
(b) Units of spacetime that connect similar regions of space and time.
(c) Molecules of open space.
(d) Tubes of spacetime that connect different regions of space and time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Feynman's history idea called?
2. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
3. How did the universe initially expand?
4. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
5. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)