|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are only observed.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space can't be observed.
(d) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
2. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
3. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
(a) Its temperature would rise.
(b) Its fragrance would emit.
(c) Its light would fragment.
(d) Its heat would escape as well.
4. How could this energy density be created?
(a) By separating virtual particles from real particles.
(b) By taking out virtual particles in a closed loop.
(c) By dividing the molecules into fragments and then reassembling them.
(d) By creating new weights for each energy density.
5. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
(a) Time bombs.
(b) Nothing is produced.
(c) Miniature explosions.
(d) Extra, multi-dimensional branes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
2. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
3. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
4. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
5. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)