|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do black holes absorb?
2. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(b) Penrose and Hawking.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Popper and Newkowitz.
3. How can one find black holes?
(a) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
(b) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(c) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
(d) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
4. What would a civilization have to do to build a time machine?
(a) Generate enough heat to fuel the time machine's engines.
(b) Surpass a time travel "horizon."
(c) Create a new cosmos.
(d) Preclude the time travel paradox.
5. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Jeoff.
(b) Max Wurst.
(c) Percy Max.
(d) Max Planck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
2. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
3. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
4. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)