|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can p-branes absorb?
2. What do string theories most notably lack?
3. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on motion.
(b) Light is dependent on time.
(c) Light is independent of motion.
(d) Light is independent of time.
4. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
(a) Contemporary theoretical physics.
(b) General theoretical physics.
(c) Medical theoretical physics.
(d) Special theoretical physics.
5. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
(a) Black holes and the middle of the earth.
(b) Planetary rings and asteroids.
(c) Singularities and black holes.
(d) Solar belts and singularities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
2. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
3. What are singularities?
4. How can half-determinism be preserved in relation to black holes?
5. What can one not curve space without also curving?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)