|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could time travel be possible?
(a) If circular reasoning existed.
(b) If time travel loops existed.
(c) If wormholes existed.
(d) If speed was inverse to time.
2. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That particles had a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
3. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
4. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
(a) The universe will collapse in a hundred years.
(b) The universe started with a massive explosion.
(c) The universe will end with a massive explosion.
(d) The universe started with a tiny whirpool of light.
5. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Truman.
(b) President Grant.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
2. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
3. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)