|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
2. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(b) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(c) A universal notion of time.
(d) That time equals money.
3. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of philosophy.
(b) In terms of scientific arguments.
(c) In terms of religious theories.
(d) In terms of scientific laws.
4. What is determinism threatened by?
(a) Walter's metaphysical drive.
(b) Hartford supertheory.
(c) Heisenberg uncertainty.
(d) Magical Realism.
5. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
2. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
3. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
4. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
5. What is the name of Hawking's conjecture about the laws of physics and macroscopic time travel?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)