|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It scared them.
(b) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(c) It delighted them.
(d) It mystified them.
2. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(b) The universe would never have existed.
(c) The universe would never die.
(d) The universe would come to an end.
3. What kind of explanation does Hawking give for how it might be possible to travel through time?
(a) Blanket statement.
4. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of timewarp.
(b) A new sort of planck.
(c) A new sort of plane.
(d) A new sort of symmetry.
5. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can p-branes absorb?
2. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
3. What do cosmic strings allow space-time to do?
4. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
5. What partially restores determinism as a view?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)