|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Mark time accurately.
(b) Curve space.
(c) Build another theory.
(d) Generate a proof.
2. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
(a) Molecular effects.
(b) Quantum effects.
(c) Atomic effects.
(d) Particle effects.
3. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They disliked the idea.
(b) They were mystified.
(c) They were delighted.
(d) They were insanely horrified.
4. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(b) New York.
5. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Max Wurst.
(c) Percy Max.
(d) Max Jeoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What partially restores determinism as a view?
2. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
3. What does Hawking resist believing in?
4. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
5. What is a p = 1 brane?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)