|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Directional lengths.
(b) Circular lengths.
(c) Vertical lengths.
(d) Horizonal lengths.
2. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space can't be observed.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(d) Time and space are only observed.
3. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Dependent meaning.
(b) Independent meaning.
(c) Futuristic tendencies.
(d) Illegitimate significance.
4. What can Penrose and Hawking's machinery help them study?
(a) Solar belts and singularities.
(b) Singularities and black holes.
(c) Black holes and the middle of the earth.
(d) Planetary rings and asteroids.
5. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They were insanely horrified.
(b) They were delighted.
(c) They disliked the idea.
(d) They were mystified.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
2. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
3. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
4. By what year was Einstein famous?
5. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend on?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)