|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does time have?
(a) A shape.
(b) A presence.
(c) A mark.
(d) A being.
2. What kind of energy density might an advanced civilization be able to create?
(a) An energy density infinite on a level ground.
(b) An energy density finite on a time boundary.
(c) An energy density finite on a spatial plane.
(d) An energy density infinite on a spatial boundary.
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(c) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
4. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Finite structures.
(b) Boundary laws.
(c) Limited perceptions.
(d) Boundary conditions.
5. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Increasingly quick.
(b) Markedly slow.
(c) Fully and then not at all.
(d) Rapidly and then more slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
2. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
3. How do most discussions of time travel begin?
4. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
5. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)