|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Protecting the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
(a) With satellite functions.
(b) With wave functions.
(c) With bell curves.
(d) With light functions.
2. How can one find black holes?
(a) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
(b) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
(c) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(d) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
3. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would never have existed.
(b) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(c) The universe would come to an end.
(d) The universe would never die.
4. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory on Ether.
(b) Theory of Everywhere.
(c) Theory of Everything.
(d) Theory of Excellence.
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most discussions of time travel begin?
2. What are cosmic strings?
3. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
4. What laws might allow space-time to warp to allow a spaceship to travel through the past?
5. When was absolute time overthrown as an idea?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)