|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) Normal and placid.
(b) Special and general.
(c) General and perfect.
(d) Present perfect and past special.
2. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A light was turned on.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A "Big Bang."
(d) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
3. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(b) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(c) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(d) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
4. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
(a) Five histories.
(b) A beginning and an ending.
(c) A single history or every possible history.
(d) Infinite knowledge.
5. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) In boxes.
(c) In loops.
(d) In curves.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
3. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
5. What may be a law of nature?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)