|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(b) The universe is self-contained.
(c) The universe can never be contained.
(d) The universe is self-conducted.
2. What does time have?
(a) A being.
(b) A shape.
(c) A presence.
(d) A mark.
3. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It delighted them.
(b) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(c) It mystified them.
(d) It scared them.
4. What can one not curve space without also curving?
5. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(b) The German Academy of Science.
(c) The American Academy of Science.
(d) The Italian Academy of Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
2. What do string theories most notably lack?
3. Who developed quantum theory?
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
5. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)