|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(b) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(c) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Hawking and Penrose.
3. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
4. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Laws are always fallible.
(d) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Never-ending dimensions.
(b) Ten dimensions.
(c) One dimension.
(d) Extra dimensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
2. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
3. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
4. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
5. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)