|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(b) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(c) Colloborating on a second effort.
(d) Finishing the job in two weeks.
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are always fallible.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(d) Most laws need to be rewritten.
3. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(b) Markedly slow.
(c) Fully and then not at all.
(d) Increasingly quick.
4. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A surface.
(c) A wall.
(d) A geometrical unit.
5. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe is self-conducted.
(b) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(c) The universe is self-contained.
(d) The universe can never be contained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
2. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
3. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
4. What can one not curve space without also curving?
5. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)