|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
2. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Penrose and Hawking.
(b) Popper and Newkowitz.
(c) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(d) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
3. How are galaxies distributed through space?
(a) Roughly uniformly.
(b) Every two fathoms.
(d) Roughly diversely.
4. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would come to an end.
(b) The universe would never have existed.
(c) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(d) The universe would never die.
5. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Grant.
(b) President Truman.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can quantum theory represent?
2. When was Einstein born?
3. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
4. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
5. What does time have?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)