|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by gravity.
(b) As if moved by a field.
(c) As if moved by magnets.
(d) As if moved by a plane.
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Berlin and Kohn.
(b) Honolulu and Maui.
(c) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(d) Paris and London.
3. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Never-ending dimensions.
(b) Ten dimensions.
(c) Extra dimensions.
(d) One dimension.
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(b) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
(c) Space, time, and reality.
(d) Time, ciphers, and values.
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is independent of motion.
(b) Light is dependent on motion.
(c) Light is independent of time.
(d) Light is dependent on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one not curve space without also curving?
2. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
3. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
4. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
5. What does time have?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)