|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Popper's theory of demystification.
(b) Newton's law of gravity.
(c) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(d) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
2. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) Blanket superstitions.
(b) False predictions.
(c) Good predictions.
(d) Innumerable falsities.
3. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Supergravity theories.
(b) Particle accelerator theories.
(c) Supertheoric partner theories.
(d) Symmetric movement theories.
4. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe is self-conducted.
(b) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(c) The universe is self-contained.
(d) The universe can never be contained.
5. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(b) Time and space can't be observed.
(c) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(d) Time and space are only observed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
3. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)