|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = mc3.
(b) E = mc2.
(c) G = cm2.
(d) E = cm3.
2. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Finite structures.
(b) Boundary conditions.
(c) Limited perceptions.
(d) Boundary laws.
3. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
(a) The universe will collapse in a hundred years.
(b) The universe started with a massive explosion.
(c) The universe will end with a massive explosion.
(d) The universe started with a tiny whirpool of light.
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Matter and weight.
(c) Mass and energy.
(d) Time and conclusion.
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) Special and general.
(b) Present perfect and past special.
(c) General and perfect.
(d) Normal and placid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
2. What is a p = 2 brane?
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
5. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)