|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe is self-contained.
(b) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(c) The universe is self-conducted.
(d) The universe can never be contained.
2. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Markedly slow.
(b) Increasingly quick.
(c) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(d) Fully and then not at all.
3. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Truman.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Grant.
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(b) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(c) A universal notion of time.
(d) That time equals money.
5. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) In boxes.
(c) In curves.
(d) In loops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
2. What does Hawking resist believing in?
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
4. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
5. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)