|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Symmetric movement theories.
(b) Supergravity theories.
(c) Particle accelerator theories.
(d) Supertheoric partner theories.
2. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Illegitimate significance.
(b) Dependent meaning.
(c) Independent meaning.
(d) Futuristic tendencies.
3. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
4. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) There are extraterrestrials.
(b) The universe is expanding.
(c) The universe is collapsing.
(d) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Extra dimensions.
(b) Ten dimensions.
(c) One dimension.
(d) Never-ending dimensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
2. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
3. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
4. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
5. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)