|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can one not curve space without also curving?
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by a plane.
(b) As if moved by gravity.
(c) As if moved by magnets.
(d) As if moved by a field.
3. What does time have?
(a) A presence.
(b) A mark.
(c) A being.
(d) A shape.
4. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
(a) Open planes.
(b) Closed lines.
(c) Curved surfaces.
(d) Closed surfaces.
5. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
(a) A boundary.
(b) A time condition.
(c) A broad scope.
(d) A narrow scope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
2. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
3. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
5. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)