|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A geometrical unit.
(b) A surface.
(c) A wall.
(d) A ladder.
2. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
3. What does time have?
(a) A shape.
(b) A presence.
(c) A being.
(d) A mark.
4. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(b) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(c) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
5. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Georg Reimann.
(b) Professor Marx.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Harvey Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
4. How are galaxies distributed through space?
5. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)