|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) In loops.
(c) In curves.
(d) In boxes.
3. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Lucas and Marx.
(b) Hawking and Penrose.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
4. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They disliked the idea.
(b) They were mystified.
(c) They were delighted.
(d) They were insanely horrified.
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on motion.
(b) Light is dependent on time.
(c) Light is independent of time.
(d) Light is independent of motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
2. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
3. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
4. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
5. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)