|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Extra dimensions.
(b) Never-ending dimensions.
(c) One dimension.
(d) Ten dimensions.
2. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of plane.
(b) A new sort of planck.
(c) A new sort of symmetry.
(d) A new sort of timewarp.
3. What can one not curve space without also curving?
4. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(b) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(c) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(d) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) General and perfect.
(b) Normal and placid.
(c) Special and general.
(d) Present perfect and past special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
2. What does time have?
3. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
4. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
5. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)