|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
2. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
(a) The amount of matter in the universe.
(b) The amount of space in the universe.
(c) The amount of thought in the universe.
(d) The amount of time in the universe.
3. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by magnets.
(b) As if moved by a field.
(c) As if moved by gravity.
(d) As if moved by a plane.
4. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
(a) Energy is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(b) Mass is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(c) Matter is converted into weight.
(d) Matter is converted into energy from periscopal fields.
5. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of scientific arguments.
(b) In terms of philosophy.
(c) In terms of religious theories.
(d) In terms of scientific laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
2. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
5. How did the universe initially expand?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)