|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Build another theory.
(b) Mark time accurately.
(c) Curve space.
(d) Generate a proof.
2. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
(a) Super novas are common in collections of stars.
(b) They are sometimes red-shifted and blue-shifted.
(c) Collections of stars always have two megastars.
(d) Black holes can be found within large collections of stars.
3. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Excellence.
(b) Theory of Everything.
(c) Theory on Ether.
(d) Theory of Everywhere.
4. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(b) Popper's theory of demystification.
(c) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(d) Newton's law of gravity.
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is independent of motion.
(b) Light is dependent on time.
(c) Light is independent of time.
(d) Light is dependent on motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
3. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
4. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
5. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)