|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It mystified them.
(b) It delighted them.
(c) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(d) It scared them.
2. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
(a) Matter is converted into energy from periscopal fields.
(b) Matter is converted into weight.
(c) Energy is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(d) Mass is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
3. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Professor Marx.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Georg Reimann.
4. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot say what time is.
(b) We cannot say what space is.
(c) We cannot believe in time.
(d) We lose all negativity.
5. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe is self-contained.
(b) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(c) The universe can never be contained.
(d) The universe is self-conducted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
2. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
3. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
4. Who developed quantum theory?
5. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)