|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have two energies.
(b) This object would have zero energy.
(c) This object would have multiple energies.
(d) This object would thrive in a black hole.
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(a) New York.
3. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is independent of will.
(b) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(c) The speed of light will appear constant.
(d) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
4. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Dependent meaning.
(b) Illegitimate significance.
(c) Futuristic tendencies.
(d) Independent meaning.
5. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) Harvey Dent.
(c) Georg Reimann.
(d) George Markowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
2. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
3. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
4. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
5. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)