|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Three-dimensional physics.
(b) Two-dimensional planes.
(c) Five-dimensional warp speed.
(d) Four-dimensional space-time.
2. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Billions and billions.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Two trillion.
(d) Five million.
3. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) A "Big Bang."
(c) A light was turned on.
(d) An earthquake.
4. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Independent meaning.
(b) Futuristic tendencies.
(c) Illegitimate significance.
(d) Dependent meaning.
5. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(b) The universe would never have existed.
(c) The universe would never die.
(d) The universe would come to an end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
2. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
3. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
4. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
5. What can quantum theory represent?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)