|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot believe in time.
(b) We lose all negativity.
(c) We cannot say what time is.
(d) We cannot say what space is.
2. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A geometrical unit.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A surface.
(d) A wall.
3. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) The universe is collapsing.
(b) There are extraterrestrials.
(c) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(d) The universe is expanding.
4. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Fully and then not at all.
(b) Increasingly quick.
(c) Markedly slow.
(d) Rapidly and then more slowly.
5. What can one not curve space without also curving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
2. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
3. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
4. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)