|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In curves.
(b) In boxes.
(c) In straight lines.
(d) In loops.
3. When was Einstein born?
4. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(b) The Seattle School of Law.
(c) Technical Teaching School.
(d) Simmons Seminary.
5. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) A "Big Bang."
(c) A light was turned on.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
2. How many galaxies are there?
3. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
4. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
5. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)