|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) General and perfect.
(b) Normal and placid.
(c) Special and general.
(d) Present perfect and past special.
2. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
3. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot believe in time.
(b) We cannot say what time is.
(c) We lose all negativity.
(d) We cannot say what space is.
4. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(b) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(c) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(d) The philosophy of George Markus.
5. When was Einstein born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed quantum theory?
2. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
3. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
4. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
5. Where did Einstein accept a position?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)