|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Two trillion.
(b) Billions and billions.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Five million.
2. What does time have?
(a) A presence.
(b) A mark.
(c) A shape.
(d) A being.
3. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would come to an end.
(b) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(c) The universe would never have existed.
(d) The universe would never die.
4. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
(a) Quantum effects.
(b) Particle effects.
(c) Atomic effects.
(d) Molecular effects.
5. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(b) The American Academy of Science.
(c) The Italian Academy of Science.
(d) The German Academy of Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may be a law of nature?
2. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
3. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
4. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
5. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)