|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That particles had a spin property.
(b) That strings have a spin property.
(c) That molecules have a spin property.
(d) That gamma rays have a spin property.
2. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A "Big Bang."
(d) A light was turned on.
3. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Max Wurst.
(c) Max Jeoff.
(d) Percy Max.
4. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(b) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(c) The speed of light is independent of will.
(d) The speed of light will appear constant.
5. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Markedly slow.
(b) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(c) Fully and then not at all.
(d) Increasingly quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
2. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
3. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
4. By what year was Einstein famous?
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)