|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A "Big Bang."
(d) A light was turned on.
2. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
(a) Market theory.
(b) Gravitational spin.
(c) All philosophy.
(d) The universe.
3. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Popper and Newkowitz.
(b) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Penrose and Hawking.
4. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In loops.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In curves.
(d) In boxes.
5. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Percy Max.
(b) Max Jeoff.
(c) Max Wurst.
(d) Max Planck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
2. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
3. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
4. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)