|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(b) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(c) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(d) Colloborating on a second effort.
2. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
3. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(b) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(c) Laws are never fallible.
(d) Laws are always fallible.
4. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A cone.
(b) A string.
(c) A plane.
(d) A box.
5. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Supergravity theories.
(b) Symmetric movement theories.
(c) Particle accelerator theories.
(d) Supertheoric partner theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
2. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
3. What may the no boundary condition imply?
4. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
5. Where did Einstein accept a position?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)