|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(c) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In boxes.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In loops.
(d) In curves.
3. What do string theories most notably lack?
4. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
(a) Atomic effects.
(b) Quantum effects.
(c) Molecular effects.
(d) Particle effects.
5. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) This this implied time was finite.
(b) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(c) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(d) That this implied time was infinite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
2. How many galaxies are there?
3. What does time have?
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
5. What can one not curve space without also curving?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)