|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) The Seattle School of Law.
(c) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(d) Technical Teaching School.
2. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That particles had a spin property.
(c) That strings have a spin property.
(d) That molecules have a spin property.
3. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Particle accelerator theories.
(b) Supertheoric partner theories.
(c) Supergravity theories.
(d) Symmetric movement theories.
4. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
(a) A narrow scope.
(b) A broad scope.
(c) A boundary.
(d) A time condition.
5. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
(a) After 1985.
(b) After 1988.
(c) Before 1985.
(d) Before 1988.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
3. What was everywhere when the universe was small?
4. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
5. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)