|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(b) The universe is self-contained.
(c) The universe is self-conducted.
(d) The universe can never be contained.
2. What may be a law of nature?
3. When was Einstein born?
4. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Billions and billions.
(b) Five million.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Two trillion.
5. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) There are extraterrestrials.
(b) The universe is expanding.
(c) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(d) The universe is collapsing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
2. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
3. What do models based on imaginary time make?
4. What does Hawking resist believing in?
5. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)