|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The dimensions of spacetime.
(b) The model of a timewarp.
(c) The curves of space and time.
(d) The shaping of space and time.
2. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) This this implied time was finite.
(b) That this implied time was infinite.
(c) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(d) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
3. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
4. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) Technical Teaching School.
(c) The Seattle School of Law.
(d) The Federal Polytechnic School.
5. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
(a) The universe will stop expanding in two span.
(b) The universe will explode.
(c) The universe will never expand.
(d) The universe will expand forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
2. Who developed quantum theory?
3. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
4. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
5. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)