|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The model of a timewarp.
(b) The shaping of space and time.
(c) The dimensions of spacetime.
(d) The curves of space and time.
2. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Curve space.
(b) Generate a proof.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Build another theory.
3. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Laws are always fallible.
(d) Most laws need to be rewritten.
4. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) A "Big Bang."
(c) A light was turned on.
(d) An earthquake.
5. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(b) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(c) That this implied time was infinite.
(d) This this implied time was finite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
2. What can one not curve space without also curving?
3. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
4. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
5. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)