|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Farside Project.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) The Brooklyn Project.
(d) The Chicago Project.
2. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) This this implied time was finite.
(b) That this implied time was infinite.
(c) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(d) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
3. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum geology.
(b) Molecular biology.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Quantum theory.
4. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
(a) Why the universe is so small.
(b) Why the universe will end.
(c) Why the universe is the way it is.
(d) Why the universe is so big.
5. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
(a) The amount of matter in the universe.
(b) The amount of time in the universe.
(c) The amount of space in the universe.
(d) The amount of thought in the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
2. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
4. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)