|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may be a law of nature?
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) Harvey Dent.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Georg Reimann.
3. What is one of the twentieth century's greatest discoveries?
(a) There are extraterrestrials.
(b) The universe is collapsing.
(c) The earth will be uninhabitable in fifty years.
(d) The universe is expanding.
4. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A string.
(b) A box.
(c) A plane.
(d) A cone.
5. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Italian Academy of Science.
(b) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(c) The German Academy of Science.
(d) The American Academy of Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
2. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
3. What may the no boundary condition imply?
4. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
5. What does time have?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)