|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Einstein born?
2. By what year was Einstein famous?
3. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
(b) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(c) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
(d) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
4. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) General and perfect.
(b) Present perfect and past special.
(c) Normal and placid.
(d) Special and general.
5. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
(a) The universe will stop expanding in two span.
(b) The universe will expand forever.
(c) The universe will never expand.
(d) The universe will explode.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
2. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
3. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
4. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
5. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)