|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of scientific arguments.
(b) In terms of religious theories.
(c) In terms of scientific laws.
(d) In terms of philosophy.
2. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A surface.
(b) A wall.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A geometrical unit.
4. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
(a) Its imaginary time history and vice versa.
(b) Its historical fictions.
(c) Its third-eye time history.
(d) Its fictional time history.
5. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Vertical lengths.
(b) Directional lengths.
(c) Horizonal lengths.
(d) Circular lengths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
2. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
4. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
5. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)