|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In curves.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In boxes.
(d) In loops.
2. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
(a) His friend Margaret.
(b) His sister's friend Eleanor.
(c) His brother's sister Mary.
(d) His cousin Elsa.
3. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Georg Reimann.
(b) George Markowitz.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) Professor Marx.
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(b) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(c) Colloborating on a second effort.
(d) Formulating the appropriate equations.
5. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
(a) Before 1988.
(b) Before 1985.
(c) After 1988.
(d) After 1985.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
2. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
3. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
4. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)