|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
(a) A beginning and an ending.
(b) Infinite knowledge.
(c) A single history or every possible history.
(d) Five histories.
2. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Everywhere.
(b) Theory of Excellence.
(c) Theory on Ether.
(d) Theory of Everything.
3. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
(a) A time condition.
(b) A boundary.
(c) A broad scope.
(d) A narrow scope.
4. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) One dimension.
(b) Ten dimensions.
(c) Never-ending dimensions.
(d) Extra dimensions.
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a p = 1 brane?
2. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
3. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
5. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)