|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot say what time is.
(b) We cannot say what space is.
(c) We lose all negativity.
(d) We cannot believe in time.
2. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Brooklyn Project.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) The Chicago Project.
(d) The Farside Project.
3. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would come to an end.
(b) The universe would never die.
(c) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(d) The universe would never have existed.
4. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Symmetric movement theories.
(b) Particle accelerator theories.
(c) Supergravity theories.
(d) Supertheoric partner theories.
5. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
2. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
3. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
4. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
5. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)