|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The German Academy of Science.
(b) The Italian Academy of Science.
(c) The American Academy of Science.
(d) The Prussian Academy of Science.
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In loops.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In curves.
(d) In boxes.
3. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of scientific laws.
(b) In terms of religious theories.
(c) In terms of philosophy.
(d) In terms of scientific arguments.
4. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Truman.
(d) President Grant.
5. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(b) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(c) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(d) Colloborating on a second effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
2. What is a p = 1 brane?
3. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
4. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
5. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)