|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(c) The Seattle School of Law.
(d) Technical Teaching School.
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by a field.
(b) As if moved by magnets.
(c) As if moved by gravity.
(d) As if moved by a plane.
3. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The curves of space and time.
(b) The dimensions of spacetime.
(c) The model of a timewarp.
(d) The shaping of space and time.
4. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
(a) Matter is converted into energy from periscopal fields.
(b) Energy is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(c) Matter is converted into weight.
(d) Mass is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
5. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(b) Penrose and Hawking.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Popper and Newkowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
2. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
3. Where did Einstein accept a position?
4. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
5. What do string theories most notably lack?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)