|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
2. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The model of a timewarp.
(b) The curves of space and time.
(c) The shaping of space and time.
(d) The dimensions of spacetime.
3. How are galaxies distributed through space?
(a) Every two fathoms.
(c) Roughly diversely.
(d) Roughly uniformly.
4. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(b) The universe is self-contained.
(c) The universe can never be contained.
(d) The universe is self-conducted.
5. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
2. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
3. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
4. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
5. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)