|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Everything.
(b) Theory of Everywhere.
(c) Theory of Excellence.
(d) Theory on Ether.
2. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Colloborating on a second effort.
(b) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(c) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(d) Formulating the appropriate equations.
3. When was Einstein born?
4. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
5. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Supertheoric partner theories.
(b) Supergravity theories.
(c) Particle accelerator theories.
(d) Symmetric movement theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
2. What do models based on imaginary time make?
3. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
4. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
5. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)