|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Billions and billions.
(b) Five million.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Two trillion.
2. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(b) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(c) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(d) Space-time became irrelevant.
3. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Lucas and Marx.
(b) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(c) Hawking and Penrose.
(d) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
4. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Georg Reimann.
(b) Professor Marx.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Harvey Dent.
5. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
(a) Closed surfaces.
(b) Open planes.
(c) Curved surfaces.
(d) Closed lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
2. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
3. What may be a law of nature?
4. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
5. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)