|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do string theories most notably lack?
2. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(b) That this implied time was infinite.
(c) This this implied time was finite.
(d) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
3. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Extra dimensions.
(b) Ten dimensions.
(c) Never-ending dimensions.
(d) One dimension.
4. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) General and perfect.
(b) Present perfect and past special.
(c) Special and general.
(d) Normal and placid.
5. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) False predictions.
(b) Innumerable falsities.
(c) Blanket superstitions.
(d) Good predictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
2. What does supersymmetry imply?
3. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
4. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
5. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)