|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Matter and weight.
(b) Gravity and space.
(c) Mass and energy.
(d) Time and conclusion.
2. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(c) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
3. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(b) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(c) A universal notion of time.
(d) That time equals money.
4. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum theory.
(b) Molecular physics.
(c) Molecular biology.
(d) Quantum geology.
5. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
3. By what year was Einstein famous?
4. When was Einstein born?
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)