|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(d) New York.
3. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are never fallible.
(b) Laws are always fallible.
(c) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(d) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(b) Space-time became irrelevant.
(c) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(d) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
5. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot say what space is.
(b) We cannot believe in time.
(c) We lose all negativity.
(d) We cannot say what time is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
2. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
4. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
5. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)