|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Truman.
(b) President Grant.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Roosevelt.
2. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) Present perfect and past special.
(b) Normal and placid.
(c) General and perfect.
(d) Special and general.
3. What can one not curve space without also curving?
4. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Excellence.
(b) Theory on Ether.
(c) Theory of Everything.
(d) Theory of Everywhere.
5. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are always fallible.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(d) Most laws need to be rewritten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed quantum theory?
2. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
3. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
4. What is a p = 2 brane?
5. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)