|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = mc3.
(b) E = cm3.
(c) G = cm2.
(d) E = mc2.
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are never fallible.
(b) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(c) Laws are always fallible.
(d) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
3. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of planck.
(b) A new sort of timewarp.
(c) A new sort of symmetry.
(d) A new sort of plane.
4. What does time have?
(a) A shape.
(b) A mark.
(c) A being.
(d) A presence.
5. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
(a) His brother's sister Mary.
(b) His cousin Elsa.
(c) His sister's friend Eleanor.
(d) His friend Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
2. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
3. When was Einstein born?
4. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
5. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)