|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of symmetry.
(b) A new sort of planck.
(c) A new sort of timewarp.
(d) A new sort of plane.
2. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A geometrical unit.
(b) A surface.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A wall.
3. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are never fallible.
(b) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(c) Laws are always fallible.
(d) Most laws need to be rewritten.
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(b) Colloborating on a second effort.
(c) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(d) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
2. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
3. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
5. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)