|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Extra dimensions.
(b) Ten dimensions.
(c) One dimension.
(d) Never-ending dimensions.
2. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(b) Popper's theory of demystification.
(c) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(d) Newton's law of gravity.
3. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Grant.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) President Truman.
(d) President Johnson.
4. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
(a) Before 1988.
(b) After 1985.
(c) After 1988.
(d) Before 1985.
5. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot say what time is.
(b) We cannot say what space is.
(c) We cannot believe in time.
(d) We lose all negativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
3. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
4. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
5. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)