|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are always fallible.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(d) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
3. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would never die.
(b) The universe would come to an end.
(c) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(d) The universe would never have existed.
4. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(c) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(d) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
5. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory on Ether.
(b) Theory of Excellence.
(c) Theory of Everything.
(d) Theory of Everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does time not have apart from the universe?
2. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
3. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
4. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
5. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)