|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A surface.
(b) A wall.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A geometrical unit.
2. What does time have?
(a) A being.
(b) A mark.
(c) A shape.
(d) A presence.
3. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
4. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(b) Newton's law of gravity.
(c) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(d) Popper's theory of demystification.
5. What can one not curve space without also curving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
2. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
3. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
4. What does time not have apart from the universe?
5. Who developed quantum theory?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)