|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(b) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(c) A universal notion of time.
(d) That time equals money.
2. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Generate a proof.
(b) Mark time accurately.
(c) Curve space.
(d) Build another theory.
3. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A string.
(b) A box.
(c) A plane.
(d) A cone.
4. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It delighted them.
(b) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(c) It mystified them.
(d) It scared them.
5. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They disliked the idea.
(b) They were mystified.
(c) They were insanely horrified.
(d) They were delighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
2. Who developed quantum theory?
3. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
4. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
5. What does supersymmetry imply?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)