|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Circular lengths.
(b) Horizonal lengths.
(c) Directional lengths.
(d) Vertical lengths.
2. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) E = mc2.
(b) G = mc3.
(c) E = cm3.
(d) G = cm2.
3. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum geology.
(b) Molecular physics.
(c) Quantum theory.
(d) Molecular biology.
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A universal notion of time.
(b) That time equals money.
(c) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(d) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
5. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Second state fluctuations.
(b) Ground state fluctuations.
(c) Third state fluctuations.
(d) Fourth state fluctuations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
2. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
4. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
5. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)