|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(b) Colloborating on a second effort.
(c) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(d) Formulating the appropriate equations.
2. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It mystified them.
(b) It scared them.
(c) It delighted them.
(d) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
3. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Three-dimensional physics.
(b) Four-dimensional space-time.
(c) Two-dimensional planes.
(d) Five-dimensional warp speed.
4. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Circular lengths.
(b) Directional lengths.
(c) Horizonal lengths.
(d) Vertical lengths.
5. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Popper and Newkowitz.
(b) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(c) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(d) Penrose and Hawking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do models based on imaginary time make?
2. What does time have?
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
4. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
5. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)