|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(b) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(c) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
2. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(b) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(c) That this implied time was infinite.
(d) This this implied time was finite.
3. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(b) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(c) The speed of light will appear constant.
(d) The speed of light is independent of will.
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Italian Academy of Science.
(b) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(c) The German Academy of Science.
(d) The American Academy of Science.
5. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Directional lengths.
(b) Circular lengths.
(c) Horizonal lengths.
(d) Vertical lengths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. What does supersymmetry imply?
4. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
5. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)