|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does time have?
(a) A presence.
(b) A mark.
(c) A shape.
(d) A being.
2. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A cone.
(b) A string.
(c) A plane.
(d) A box.
3. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(b) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(c) The philosophy of George Markus.
(d) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
4. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The dimensions of spacetime.
(b) The shaping of space and time.
(c) The curves of space and time.
(d) The model of a timewarp.
5. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one not curve space without also curving?
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
4. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
5. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)