|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The American Academy of Science.
(b) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(c) The German Academy of Science.
(d) The Italian Academy of Science.
2. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Mark time accurately.
(b) Generate a proof.
(c) Build another theory.
(d) Curve space.
3. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on time.
(b) Light is independent of time.
(c) Light is independent of motion.
(d) Light is dependent on motion.
4. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Second state fluctuations.
(b) Third state fluctuations.
(c) Ground state fluctuations.
(d) Fourth state fluctuations.
5. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(b) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(c) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(d) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
2. What can quantum theory represent?
3. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
5. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)