|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) Good predictions.
(b) False predictions.
(c) Innumerable falsities.
(d) Blanket superstitions.
2. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A cone.
(b) A string.
(c) A box.
(d) A plane.
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) The Seattle School of Law.
(c) Technical Teaching School.
(d) The Federal Polytechnic School.
4. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(b) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(c) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(d) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
5. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
2. Where did Einstein accept a position?
3. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
4. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
5. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)