|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would never have existed.
(b) The universe would come to an end.
(c) The universe would never die.
(d) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
2. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on motion.
(b) Light is dependent on time.
(c) Light is independent of motion.
(d) Light is independent of time.
3. What does time have?
(a) A shape.
(b) A mark.
(c) A presence.
(d) A being.
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(b) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(c) Colloborating on a second effort.
(d) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
5. What do string theories most notably lack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
4. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
5. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)