|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by gravity.
(b) As if moved by a plane.
(c) As if moved by magnets.
(d) As if moved by a field.
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) The Seattle School of Law.
(c) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(d) Technical Teaching School.
4. What do string theories most notably lack?
5. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That particles had a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a p = 1 brane?
2. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
3. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
4. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
5. Where did Einstein accept a position?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)