|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) E = cm3.
(b) G = mc3.
(c) G = cm2.
(d) E = mc2.
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by gravity.
(b) As if moved by magnets.
(c) As if moved by a plane.
(d) As if moved by a field.
3. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Mark time accurately.
(b) Generate a proof.
(c) Curve space.
(d) Build another theory.
4. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Futuristic tendencies.
(b) Dependent meaning.
(c) Illegitimate significance.
(d) Independent meaning.
5. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
(a) Horizonal lengths.
(b) Vertical lengths.
(c) Circular lengths.
(d) Directional lengths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
2. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
3. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
4. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
5. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)