|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became irrelevant.
(b) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(c) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(d) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
2. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) E = cm3.
(b) G = cm2.
(c) G = mc3.
(d) E = mc2.
3. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Percy Max.
(c) Max Wurst.
(d) Max Jeoff.
4. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
5. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(b) Paris and London.
(c) Honolulu and Maui.
(d) Berlin and Kohn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
2. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
3. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
5. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)