|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(b) That time equals money.
(c) A universal notion of time.
(d) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
2. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Grant.
(c) President Roosevelt.
(d) President Truman.
3. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is independent of time.
(b) Light is dependent on motion.
(c) Light is independent of motion.
(d) Light is dependent on time.
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Time and conclusion.
(d) Matter and weight.
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) Present perfect and past special.
(b) Normal and placid.
(c) General and perfect.
(d) Special and general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
2. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
3. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
4. By what year was Einstein famous?
5. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)