|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) George Markowitz.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) Georg Reimann.
3. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) E = mc2.
(b) G = mc3.
(c) E = cm3.
(d) G = cm2.
4. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(c) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
5. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) Technical Teaching School.
(c) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(d) The Seattle School of Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
2. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
3. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
5. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)