|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(b) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(c) Space-time became irrelevant.
(d) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(b) Honolulu and Maui.
(c) Berlin and Kohn.
(d) Paris and London.
3. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Italian Academy of Science.
(b) The German Academy of Science.
(c) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(d) The American Academy of Science.
4. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum geology.
(b) Quantum theory.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Molecular biology.
5. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Wurst.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Max Jeoff.
(d) Percy Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
5. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)