|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = mc3.
(b) E = cm3.
(c) E = mc2.
(d) G = cm2.
2. By what year was Einstein famous?
3. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) That time equals money.
(b) A universal notion of time.
(c) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(d) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
4. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
5. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became irrelevant.
(b) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(c) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(d) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
2. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
3. When was Einstein born?
4. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)