|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(c) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(d) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. Who developed quantum theory?
(a) Max Wurst.
(b) Max Jeoff.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Percy Max.
4. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(b) The speed of light will appear constant.
(c) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(d) The speed of light is independent of will.
5. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A "Big Bang."
(d) A light was turned on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
3. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
5. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)