|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Build another theory.
(b) Mark time accurately.
(c) Generate a proof.
(d) Curve space.
2. By what year was Einstein famous?
3. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(b) Berlin and Kohn.
(c) Paris and London.
(d) Honolulu and Maui.
4. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) E = cm3.
(b) G = mc3.
(c) G = cm2.
(d) E = mc2.
5. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(b) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(c) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
2. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
3. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)