|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(b) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(c) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(d) Space-time became irrelevant.
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are always fallible.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(d) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(b) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(c) That time equals money.
(d) A universal notion of time.
5. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum theory.
(b) Quantum geology.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Molecular biology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
2. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
4. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
5. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)