|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Time and conclusion.
(c) Mass and energy.
(d) Matter and weight.
2. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) A light was turned on.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A "Big Bang."
3. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(b) The speed of light will appear constant.
(c) The speed of light is independent of will.
(d) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(b) Colloborating on a second effort.
(c) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(d) Finishing the job in two weeks.
5. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Honolulu and Maui.
(b) Paris and London.
(c) Berlin and Kohn.
(d) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
2. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
4. Who developed quantum theory?
5. When was Einstein born?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)