|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(b) The German Academy of Science.
(c) The Italian Academy of Science.
(d) The American Academy of Science.
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(b) Laws are always fallible.
(c) Laws are never fallible.
(d) Most laws need to be rewritten.
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Technical Teaching School.
(b) Simmons Seminary.
(c) The Seattle School of Law.
(d) The Federal Polytechnic School.
4. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
5. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
2. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
3. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
4. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
5. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)