|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(b) Technical Teaching School.
(c) The Seattle School of Law.
(d) Simmons Seminary.
2. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) A light was turned on.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A "Big Bang."
3. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
4. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) Georg Reimann.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Harvey Dent.
5. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) That time equals money.
(b) A universal notion of time.
(c) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(d) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
2. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
3. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
4. Who developed quantum theory?
5. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)