|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The American Academy of Science.
(b) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(c) The Italian Academy of Science.
(d) The German Academy of Science.
2. When was Einstein born?
3. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would come to an end.
(b) The universe would never have existed.
(c) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(d) The universe would never die.
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Time, ciphers, and values.
(b) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(c) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
(d) Space, time, and reality.
5. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws are never fallible.
(b) Most laws need to be rewritten.
(c) Laws are always fallible.
(d) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
3. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
4. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
5. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)