|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Georg Reimann.
(c) George Markowitz.
(d) Professor Marx.
2. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
3. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
(a) Special and general.
(b) Normal and placid.
(c) General and perfect.
(d) Present perfect and past special.
4. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) The Seattle School of Law.
(b) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(c) Technical Teaching School.
(d) Simmons Seminary.
5. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(b) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(c) Colloborating on a second effort.
(d) Finishing the job in two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
2. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
4. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
5. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)