|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is independent of motion.
(b) Light is dependent on time.
(c) Light is independent of time.
(d) Light is dependent on motion.
2. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
(a) G = cm2.
(b) E = mc2.
(c) E = cm3.
(d) G = mc3.
3. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Time and conclusion.
(d) Matter and weight.
4. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Truman.
(c) President Grant.
(d) President Roosevelt.
5. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Harvey Dent.
(b) Professor Marx.
(c) Georg Reimann.
(d) George Markowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theories of relativity did Einstein advance?
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
3. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
4. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
5. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)