|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would come to an end.
(b) The universe would never have existed.
(c) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(d) The universe would never die.
2. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is independent of will.
(b) The speed of light will appear constant.
(c) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(d) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
3. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
(b) Space, time, and reality.
(c) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(d) Time, ciphers, and values.
4. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
5. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(b) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(c) Space-time became irrelevant.
(d) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Einstein born?
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
3. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)