|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, A Brief History of Relativity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
(a) Laws should remain constant in the view of all observers.
(b) Laws are never fallible.
(c) Laws are always fallible.
(d) Most laws need to be rewritten.
2. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
3. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
4. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(c) A light was turned on.
(d) A "Big Bang."
5. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Build another theory.
(b) Curve space.
(c) Generate a proof.
(d) Mark time accurately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
2. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
3. Where did Einstein accept a position?
4. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
5. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)