Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will create great problems for unimproved humans?
(a) Genetic engineering.
(b) Molecular physics.
(c) Moralistic contrivances.
(d) Genetic malfunctions.
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Hawking and Penrose.
3. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Matter and weight.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Time and conclusion.
(d) Gravity and space.
4. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on time.
(b) Light is independent of motion.
(c) Light is dependent on motion.
(d) Light is independent of time.
5. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
2. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
3. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
4. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
5. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)