|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Universe in a Nutshell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
(a) Open planes.
(b) Closed surfaces.
(c) Closed lines.
(d) Curved surfaces.
2. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Matter and weight.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Gravity and space.
(d) Time and conclusion.
3. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(b) The speed of light will appear constant.
(c) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(d) The speed of light is independent of will.
4. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
5. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That strings have a spin property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
3. What does time have?
4. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
5. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)