|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They were mystified.
(b) They were insanely horrified.
(c) They were delighted.
(d) They disliked the idea.
2. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Third state fluctuations.
(b) Second state fluctuations.
(c) Fourth state fluctuations.
(d) Ground state fluctuations.
3. When was absolute time overthrown as an idea?
(a) Ten years ago.
(b) The idea was never overthrown.
(c) Over 100 years ago.
(d) Fifty years ago.
4. For nearly all of history, what has moved forward?
(a) The Earth.
5. What does Hawking say might happen if humans don't destroy themselves?
(a) Humans will need to ration food.
(b) Humans will find a way to live on the Earth forever.
(c) Humans will need to procreate rapidly.
(d) Humans will spread to other planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
2. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
3. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
4. What does time have?
5. What are singularities?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)