|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are cosmic strings?
(a) Sections of space divided into tiny lines.
(b) Objects with length but tiny cross sections.
(c) Planes with narrowly etched furrows.
(d) Points between which waves connect.
2. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Chicago Project.
(b) The Farside Project.
(c) The Brooklyn Project.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
3. What can one not curve space without also curving?
4. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
(a) Why the universe is so big.
(b) Why the universe is the way it is.
(c) Why the universe will end.
(d) Why the universe is so small.
5. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A wall.
(b) A surface.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A geometrical unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
2. What did Penrose and Hawking demonstrate concerning General Relativity?
3. When was Einstein born?
4. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
5. What may the universe not have, given quantum mechanics?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)