|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(b) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(c) Popper's theory of demystification.
(d) Newton's law of gravity.
2. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information cannot be captured.
(b) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
(c) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
(d) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
3. What kind of fluctuations do we have to consider to answer whether or not time travel is possible?
(a) Spatial fluctuations.
(b) Spacetime fluctuations.
(c) Quantum fluctuations.
(d) Geological fluctuations.
4. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
(a) Animo Acids.
(b) The womb.
(c) The genome.
5. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by gravity.
(b) As if moved by a field.
(c) As if moved by a plane.
(d) As if moved by magnets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
2. What do string theories most notably lack?
3. What does TOE stand for?
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
5. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)