|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a practical limit on the design of faster computers?
(a) The speed of light.
(b) The speed of gravity.
(c) The weight of gravity.
(d) The acceleration of mass.
2. What question does Hawking ask about extraterrestrials?
(a) If they were out there, why would they want to contact us?
(b) If they were smart, why haven't they contacted us?
(c) If they were advanced, why haven't they spread across the galaxy?
(d) If they are real, why haven't we discovered them?
3. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It scared them.
(b) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(c) It mystified them.
(d) It delighted them.
4. What can p-branes absorb?
5. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) Innumerable falsities.
(b) Good predictions.
(c) False predictions.
(d) Blanket superstitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
2. What is doubling its computational power every eighteen months?
3. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
4. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend on?
5. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)