|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Hawking and Penrose.
2. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
(a) Star Trek.
(c) Star Wars.
(d) Doctor Who.
3. What outline of cosmic strings is flat?
(a) Space-time outline.
(b) Spatial outline.
(c) Atomic outline.
(d) Wave outline.
4. What partially restores determinism as a view?
(a) Quantum hopes.
(b) Quantum curvature.
(c) Quantum leaps.
(d) Quantum mechanics.
5. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
2. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
3. What is a practical limit on the design of faster computers?
4. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
5. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)