|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do cosmic strings allow space-time to do?
(a) Separate them.
(b) Curve around them.
(c) Push them apart.
(d) Push them closer together.
2. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
(a) Matter is converted into weight.
(b) Energy is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
(c) Matter is converted into energy from periscopal fields.
(d) Mass is converted into matter from gravitational fields.
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A surface.
(b) A geometrical unit.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A wall.
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A universal notion of time.
(b) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(c) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(d) That time equals money.
5. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) Good predictions.
(b) Innumerable falsities.
(c) Blanket superstitions.
(d) False predictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
2. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
3. What can p-branes absorb?
4. How are galaxies distributed through space?
5. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)