|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(b) The speed of light will appear constant.
(c) The speed of light is independent of will.
(d) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
2. What do string theories most notably lack?
3. What does Hawking think one can do to positive vacuum energy?
(a) Move it.
(b) Ration it.
(c) Square it.
(d) Divide it.
4. How does Hawking think we should try to understand the beginning of the universe?
(a) In terms of scientific arguments.
(b) In terms of religious theories.
(c) In terms of philosophy.
(d) In terms of scientific laws.
5. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Matter and weight.
(b) Gravity and space.
(c) Time and conclusion.
(d) Mass and energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
2. What barrier could wormholes break?
3. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
4. How many galaxies are there?
5. What does time not have apart from the universe?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)