|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of rotating Einstein universe does Hawking consider?
(a) A hypothetical universe.
(b) A realistic universe.
(c) A precious universe.
(d) A spinning universe.
2. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
(a) General theoretical physics.
(b) Medical theoretical physics.
(c) Special theoretical physics.
(d) Contemporary theoretical physics.
3. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
4. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) A universal notion of time.
(b) That time equals money.
(c) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
(d) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
5. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
(a) The universe will expand forever.
(b) The universe will explode.
(c) The universe will stop expanding in two span.
(d) The universe will never expand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What barrier could wormholes break?
2. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
3. What did Hubble find about collections of stars?
4. What kind of theory do we not have yet that is essential to figuring out time travel?
5. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)