|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can one find black holes?
(a) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
(b) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
(c) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(d) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
2. What is determinism threatened by?
(a) Heisenberg uncertainty.
(b) Hartford supertheory.
(c) Magical Realism.
(d) Walter's metaphysical drive.
3. How could this energy density be created?
(a) By taking out virtual particles in a closed loop.
(b) By dividing the molecules into fragments and then reassembling them.
(c) By creating new weights for each energy density.
(d) By separating virtual particles from real particles.
4. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A light was turned on.
(c) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(d) A "Big Bang."
5. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A box.
(b) A cone.
(c) A plane.
(d) A string.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
2. What did Hawking and Hartle believe the universe may not have?
3. What does much of the possibility of time travel depend on?
4. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
5. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)