|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
(a) That black holes are empty.
(b) That black holes house new worlds.
(c) That black holes are composed of f-branes.
(d) That black holes are composed of p-branes.
2. What final state does Hawking wonder if humanity will ever reach?
(a) Chemistry and physics.
(b) Geography and geology.
(c) Ecology and biology.
(d) Science and technology.
3. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
4. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by a field.
(b) As if moved by magnets.
(c) As if moved by gravity.
(d) As if moved by a plane.
5. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Increasingly quick.
(b) Markedly slow.
(c) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(d) Fully and then not at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
2. Who developed quantum theory?
3. As the brain increases in size, what may become slower as it grows more complex?
4. What is a p = 2 brane?
5. How does Hawking describe himself?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)