|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That strings have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That molecules have a spin property.
2. What laws might allow space-time to warp to allow a spaceship to travel through the past?
(a) The laws of geometry.
(b) The laws of aerodynamics.
(c) The laws of calculus.
(d) The laws of physics.
3. How does Hawking describe himself?
(a) A negativist.
(b) An optimist.
(c) A relationist.
(d) A positivist.
4. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
(a) Very primitive or very advanced.
(b) Like humans.
(c) Not very bright.
(d) Easy to get along with.
5. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
(a) That speed is a constant.
(b) That motion is inverse to acceleration.
(c) That force is a product of gravity.
(d) That time runs smoothly everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can p-branes predict?
2. Who developed quantum theory?
3. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
4. What may computers also have like human brains?
5. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)