|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A geometrical unit.
(b) A surface.
(c) A wall.
(d) A ladder.
2. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Build another theory.
(b) Generate a proof.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Curve space.
3. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Futuristic tendencies.
(b) Dependent meaning.
(c) Independent meaning.
(d) Illegitimate significance.
4. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
(a) Biological and electronic development.
(b) Weapon development.
(c) Social development.
(d) Religious development.
5. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
(b) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
(c) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
(d) Information cannot be captured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does time have?
2. What are cosmic strings?
3. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
4. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
5. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)