|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Four-dimensional space-time.
(b) Five-dimensional warp speed.
(c) Three-dimensional physics.
(d) Two-dimensional planes.
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
(a) Professor Marx.
(b) Georg Reimann.
(c) Harvey Dent.
(d) George Markowitz.
3. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Berlin and Kohn.
(b) Honolulu and Maui.
(c) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(d) Paris and London.
4. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
(a) Gravitational spin.
(b) All philosophy.
(c) The universe.
(d) Market theory.
5. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
(a) Doctor Who.
(b) Star Wars.
(c) Star Trek.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
2. What does Hawking think is beneficial concerning matter?
3. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
4. What is determinism threatened by?
5. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)