|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Third state fluctuations.
(b) Fourth state fluctuations.
(c) Ground state fluctuations.
(d) Second state fluctuations.
2. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
(a) Increasingly simple world.
(b) Increasingly complex world.
(c) Intuitive and diverse world.
(d) Interesting and diversive world.
3. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information cannot be captured.
(b) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
(c) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
(d) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
4. How many galaxies are there?
(a) Billions and billions.
(b) Five million.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Two trillion.
5. What may the no boundary condition imply?
(a) The universe is self-conducted.
(b) The universe will collapse if it cannot be condensed.
(c) The universe can never be contained.
(d) The universe is self-contained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
2. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
3. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
4. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
5. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)