|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Fourth state fluctuations.
(b) Ground state fluctuations.
(c) Second state fluctuations.
(d) Third state fluctuations.
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by a field.
(b) As if moved by a plane.
(c) As if moved by gravity.
(d) As if moved by magnets.
3. What is one hundred thousand times faster than evolution?
(a) The increase in population.
(b) The increase in information.
(c) The increase in energy states.
(d) The increase in mass growth.
4. What are singularities?
(a) Centers that appear infinitely small and dense.
(b) Centers that appear finitely dense.
(c) Time structures that appear infinitely small.
(d) Timepieces of infinitely dense space.
5. What does Hawking believe we should try to understand?
(a) The universe.
(b) Market theory.
(c) All philosophy.
(d) Gravitational spin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of theory does matter behave according to quantum theory?
2. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
3. How could this energy density be created?
4. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
5. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)