|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole is wearing a wig.
(b) A black hole is bald.
(c) A black hole has two hairs.
(d) A black hole has no hair.
2. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The dimensions of spacetime.
(b) The shaping of space and time.
(c) The model of a timewarp.
(d) The curves of space and time.
3. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(b) Popper and Newkowitz.
(c) Penrose and Hawking.
(d) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
4. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The philosophy of George Markus.
(b) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(c) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(d) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
5. What can p-branes predict?
(a) The rates of consumption that the real-particle pair indicates.
(b) The rates of condensation that the virtual-particle trio indicates.
(c) The rates of emission that the molecules emit.
(d) The rates of emission that the virtual-particle pair indicates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many galaxies are there?
2. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
4. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
5. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)