|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(b) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
(c) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
2. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(b) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(c) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(d) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
3. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(b) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(c) Colloborating on a second effort.
(d) Finishing the job in two weeks.
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is independent of time.
(b) Light is dependent on motion.
(c) Light is dependent on time.
(d) Light is independent of motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
2. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
3. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
4. What does time have?
5. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)