|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can one not curve space without also curving?
2. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We lose all negativity.
(b) We cannot say what time is.
(c) We cannot believe in time.
(d) We cannot say what space is.
3. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Excellence.
(b) Theory of Everything.
(c) Theory of Everywhere.
(d) Theory on Ether.
4. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(b) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(c) Popper and Newkowitz.
(d) Penrose and Hawking.
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Never-ending dimensions.
(b) One dimension.
(c) Extra dimensions.
(d) Ten dimensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
2. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
4. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
5. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)