|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
(a) Stephen Hawking and Matthew Williams.
(b) Allen Walton and Roger Penrose.
(c) Allen Walton and Zion Greenlee.
(d) Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose.
2. What do string theories most notably lack?
3. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(b) New York.
4. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(b) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(c) Hawking and Penrose.
(d) Lucas and Marx.
5. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space can't be observed.
(b) Time and space are only observed.
(c) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(d) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
3. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
4. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
5. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)