|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Hawking and Penrose.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
2. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That strings have a spin property.
(b) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That molecules have a spin property.
3. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
(a) His cousin Elsa.
(b) His sister's friend Eleanor.
(c) His friend Margaret.
(d) His brother's sister Mary.
4. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of symmetry.
(b) A new sort of planck.
(c) A new sort of timewarp.
(d) A new sort of plane.
5. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
(a) Paris and London.
(b) Honolulu and Maui.
(c) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
(d) Berlin and Kohn.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
2. When was Einstein born?
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
4. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
5. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)