|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(b) New York.
2. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Generate a proof.
(b) Build another theory.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Curve space.
3. By what year was Einstein famous?
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(b) The German Academy of Science.
(c) The Italian Academy of Science.
(d) The American Academy of Science.
5. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) Good predictions.
(b) Innumerable falsities.
(c) Blanket superstitions.
(d) False predictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory of Einstein's contradicted Newton's law of gravity?
2. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
3. What is a p = 2 brane?
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
5. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)