|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Simmons Seminary.
(b) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(c) The Seattle School of Law.
(d) Technical Teaching School.
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In straight lines.
(b) In loops.
(c) In curves.
(d) In boxes.
3. What does time have?
(a) A shape.
(b) A being.
(c) A mark.
(d) A presence.
4. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would never die.
(b) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(c) The universe would come to an end.
(d) The universe would never have existed.
5. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have multiple energies.
(b) This object would have two energies.
(c) This object would have zero energy.
(d) This object would thrive in a black hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawking resist believing in?
2. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
3. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
4. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
5. What do string theories most notably lack?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)