|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
(a) Gravity and space.
(b) Mass and energy.
(c) Matter and weight.
(d) Time and conclusion.
2. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) The Seattle School of Law.
(b) The Federal Polytechnic School.
(c) Simmons Seminary.
(d) Technical Teaching School.
3. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The philosophy of George Markus.
(b) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(c) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(d) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
4. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
(a) The Brooklyn Project.
(b) The Chicago Project.
(c) The Manhattan Project.
(d) The Farside Project.
5. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Ground state fluctuations.
(b) Fourth state fluctuations.
(c) Third state fluctuations.
(d) Second state fluctuations.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year was Einstein famous?
2. What do models based on imaginary time make?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
4. What is a p = 2 brane?
5. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)