|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
(a) His brother's sister Mary.
(b) His friend Margaret.
(c) His cousin Elsa.
(d) His sister's friend Eleanor.
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In loops.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In curves.
(d) In boxes.
3. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(b) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(c) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(d) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
4. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Newton's law of gravity.
(b) Popper's theory of demystification.
(c) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(d) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
5. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A surface.
(b) A geometrical unit.
(c) A wall.
(d) A ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
3. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
4. What does supersymmetry imply?
5. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)