|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The philosophy of George Markus.
(b) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(c) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(d) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
2. What do models based on imaginary time make?
(a) Good predictions.
(b) Innumerable falsities.
(c) False predictions.
(d) Blanket superstitions.
3. What can one not curve space without also curving?
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
(b) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(c) Time, ciphers, and values.
(d) Space, time, and reality.
5. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A wall.
(b) A geometrical unit.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
2. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
3. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
4. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
5. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)