|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(b) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(c) Colloborating on a second effort.
(d) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
2. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They were mystified.
(b) They disliked the idea.
(c) They were delighted.
(d) They were insanely horrified.
3. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Independent meaning.
(b) Illegitimate significance.
(c) Futuristic tendencies.
(d) Dependent meaning.
4. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Ten dimensions.
(b) Never-ending dimensions.
(c) One dimension.
(d) Extra dimensions.
5. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Space, time, and reality.
(b) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(c) Time, ciphers, and values.
(d) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
2. What can one not curve space without also curving?
3. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
4. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
5. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)