|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Formulating the appropriate equations.
(b) Colloborating on a second effort.
(c) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(d) Finishing the job in two weeks.
2. What can one not curve space without also curving?
3. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(b) Time and space are only observed.
(c) Time and space can't be observed.
(d) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(b) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(c) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(d) Space-time became irrelevant.
5. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A geometrical unit.
(b) A wall.
(c) A surface.
(d) A ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
2. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
3. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
4. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
5. What do string theories most notably lack?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)