|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Quantum theory.
(b) Quantum geology.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Molecular biology.
2. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became irrelevant.
(b) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(c) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(d) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
3. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Build another theory.
(b) Curve space.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Generate a proof.
4. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That strings have a spin property.
(b) That particles had a spin property.
(c) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(d) That molecules have a spin property.
5. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(b) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(c) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(d) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
2. What is a p = 1 brane?
3. What can one not curve space without also curving?
4. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
5. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)