|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein wish people to abandon concerning time?
(a) That time equals money.
(b) A general notion of the ratio of time to speed.
(c) A universal notion of time.
(d) The idea of the 24 hour clock.
2. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
(a) Popper's theory of demystification.
(b) Maxwell's unification of magnetism, energy, and electricity.
(c) Hawking's harangue on black hole theory.
(d) Newton's law of gravity.
3. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
4. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Molecular biology.
(b) Molecular physics.
(c) Quantum theory.
(d) Quantum geology.
5. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Third state fluctuations.
(b) Fourth state fluctuations.
(c) Ground state fluctuations.
(d) Second state fluctuations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
2. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
3. What equation shows mass and energy are equivalent?
4. What does time not have apart from the universe?
5. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)