|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(b) The universe would come to an end.
(c) The universe would never have existed.
(d) The universe would never die.
2. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(b) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(c) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(d) The philosophy of George Markus.
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In boxes.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In loops.
(d) In curves.
4. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
(a) Molecular physics.
(b) Quantum theory.
(c) Molecular biology.
(d) Quantum geology.
5. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Generate a proof.
(b) Curve space.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Build another theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do models based on imaginary time make?
2. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
3. What is a p = 1 brane?
4. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
5. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)