|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That strings have a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That gamma rays have a spin property.
2. What can one not curve space without also curving?
3. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(b) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(c) Space-time became irrelevant.
(d) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
5. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Dependent meaning.
(b) Independent meaning.
(c) Illegitimate significance.
(d) Futuristic tendencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
2. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
3. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
4. What do models based on imaginary time make?
5. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)