|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Hawking and Penrose.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
2. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
(a) The speed of light is dependent upon gravity.
(b) The speed of light will appear constant.
(c) The speed of light is an illusion of motion.
(d) The speed of light is independent of will.
3. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are only observed.
(b) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(c) Time and space can't be observed.
(d) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
4. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Two-dimensional planes.
(b) Four-dimensional space-time.
(c) Five-dimensional warp speed.
(d) Three-dimensional physics.
5. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
2. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
3. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
4. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
5. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)