|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That particles had a spin property.
(b) That strings have a spin property.
(c) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(d) That molecules have a spin property.
2. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The American Academy of Science.
(b) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(c) The German Academy of Science.
(d) The Italian Academy of Science.
3. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Truman.
(c) President Grant.
(d) President Roosevelt.
4. What did this theory of curved spaces help Einstein and Marcel Grossman to do?
(a) Generate a proof.
(b) Build another theory.
(c) Mark time accurately.
(d) Curve space.
5. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory on Ether.
(b) Theory of Excellence.
(c) Theory of Everywhere.
(d) Theory of Everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
3. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
4. What can one not curve space without also curving?
5. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)