|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
(a) We cannot say what time is.
(b) We lose all negativity.
(c) We cannot say what space is.
(d) We cannot believe in time.
2. Whom did Einstein later marry after his first marriage fell apart?
(a) His sister's friend Eleanor.
(b) His cousin Elsa.
(c) His friend Margaret.
(d) His brother's sister Mary.
3. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space are only observed.
(d) Time and space can't be observed.
4. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Never-ending dimensions.
(b) Extra dimensions.
(c) One dimension.
(d) Ten dimensions.
5. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(b) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(c) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
(d) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does time not have apart from the universe?
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
4. When was Einstein born?
5. What do string theories most notably lack?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)