|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shape of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do string theories most notably lack?
2. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(b) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
(c) That this implied time was infinite.
(d) This this implied time was finite.
3. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Five-dimensional warp speed.
(b) Two-dimensional planes.
(c) Four-dimensional space-time.
(d) Three-dimensional physics.
4. By what year was Einstein famous?
5. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
(a) Time, ciphers, and values.
(b) Space, time, and reality.
(c) Love, warp speed, and imaginary time.
(d) Morals, virtues, and predilections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
2. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
3. Dirac's discoveries were difficult to reconcile with what?
4. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
5. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)