|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(b) The universe would never die.
(c) The universe would never have existed.
(d) The universe would come to an end.
2. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is dependent on time.
(b) Light is independent of time.
(c) Light is dependent on motion.
(d) Light is independent of motion.
3. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Limited perceptions.
(b) Boundary conditions.
(c) Finite structures.
(d) Boundary laws.
4. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Ten dimensions.
(b) One dimension.
(c) Extra dimensions.
(d) Never-ending dimensions.
5. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(b) Space-time became irrelevant.
(c) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(d) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
2. How can one find black holes?
3. What is thought to expand at an accelerating rate in our universe?
4. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
5. When did Einstein receive the Nobel prize?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)