|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
2. What does Hawking believe the possibility of intelligent beings depends on?
(a) The amount of space in the universe.
(b) The amount of matter in the universe.
(c) The amount of time in the universe.
(d) The amount of thought in the universe.
3. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
(a) Special theoretical physics.
(b) Contemporary theoretical physics.
(c) Medical theoretical physics.
(d) General theoretical physics.
4. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by gravity.
(b) As if moved by a field.
(c) As if moved by a plane.
(d) As if moved by magnets.
5. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
(b) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(c) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(d) Space-time became irrelevant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
2. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
3. What was the twentieth century's other complete conceptual revolution?
4. What is determinism threatened by?
5. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)