|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of timewarp.
(b) A new sort of plane.
(c) A new sort of planck.
(d) A new sort of symmetry.
2. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A box.
(b) A plane.
(c) A cone.
(d) A string.
3. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
(b) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
(c) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(d) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
4. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
5. What are singularities?
(a) Centers that appear finitely dense.
(b) Centers that appear infinitely small and dense.
(c) Time structures that appear infinitely small.
(d) Timepieces of infinitely dense space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is determinism threatened by?
2. What does the p-brane model show about information?
3. How many galaxies are there?
4. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
5. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)