|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory on Ether.
(b) Theory of Everything.
(c) Theory of Everywhere.
(d) Theory of Excellence.
2. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
(a) Before 1988.
(b) After 1988.
(c) After 1985.
(d) Before 1985.
3. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A "Big Bang."
(d) A light was turned on.
4. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Hawking and Penrose.
(b) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Lucas and Marx.
5. By what year was Einstein famous?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
2. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
3. What is a p = 1 brane?
4. Where did Einstein accept a position?
5. How many articles did Einstein pen that rocketed him to the top of the scientific community?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)