|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Penrose and Hawking.
(b) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Popper and Newkowitz.
2. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
(a) With light functions.
(b) With wave functions.
(c) With bell curves.
(d) With satellite functions.
3. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(b) Markedly slow.
(c) Increasingly quick.
(d) Fully and then not at all.
4. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
(a) That black holes are empty.
(b) That black holes are composed of p-branes.
(c) That black holes house new worlds.
(d) That black holes are composed of f-branes.
5. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which project produced Fat Man and Little Boy?
2. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
3. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
4. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
5. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)