|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are galaxies distributed through space?
(a) Roughly diversely.
(c) Roughly uniformly.
(d) Every two fathoms.
2. Because galaxies are not far apart, fifteen billion years ago what might have occurred?
(a) A solar system was reduced to ten atoms.
(b) A "Big Bang."
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A light was turned on.
3. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Three-dimensional physics.
(b) Two-dimensional planes.
(c) Five-dimensional warp speed.
(d) Four-dimensional space-time.
4. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In boxes.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In loops.
(d) In curves.
5. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole has no hair.
(b) A black hole is bald.
(c) A black hole is wearing a wig.
(d) A black hole has two hairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who later showed that general relativity implied the Big Bang?
2. What does Hawking resist believing in?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
4. What do string theories most notably lack?
5. What do black holes absorb?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)