|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Increasingly quick.
(b) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(c) Fully and then not at all.
(d) Markedly slow.
2. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space can't be observed.
(b) Time and space are only observed.
(c) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(d) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
3. What is determinism threatened by?
(a) Hartford supertheory.
(b) Walter's metaphysical drive.
(c) Heisenberg uncertainty.
(d) Magical Realism.
4. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That strings have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That molecules have a spin property.
5. What did Einstein suggest concerning the speed of light?
(a) Light is independent of time.
(b) Light is dependent on time.
(c) Light is dependent on motion.
(d) Light is independent of motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does relativity show about the speed of light?
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
3. If there is a low amount of matter in the universe what will happen?
4. What human conceptions did Einstein's papers change?
5. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)