|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Einstein accept a position?
(a) The Italian Academy of Science.
(b) The American Academy of Science.
(c) The Prussian Academy of Science.
(d) The German Academy of Science.
2. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Boundary laws.
(b) Limited perceptions.
(c) Boundary conditions.
(d) Finite structures.
3. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(b) That molecules have a spin property.
(c) That strings have a spin property.
(d) That particles had a spin property.
4. Why is it important that the sky is dark?
(a) It demonstrates that light hasn't reached every point in the universe.
(b) It demonstrates that the dark extends further than the light.
(c) It demonstrates that the universe must have a light switch.
(d) It demonstrates that the sky is more inclined to darker tones.
5. Where did Einstein receive his degree?
(a) Technical Teaching School.
(b) The Seattle School of Law.
(c) Simmons Seminary.
(d) The Federal Polytechnic School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Einstein's General Relativity be combined with?
2. What did Einstein assume about scientific laws?
3. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
4. What can one not curve space without also curving?
5. What do models based on imaginary time make?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)