|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by magnets.
(b) As if moved by a field.
(c) As if moved by a plane.
(d) As if moved by gravity.
2. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
(a) Supergravity theories.
(b) Supertheoric partner theories.
(c) Particle accelerator theories.
(d) Symmetric movement theories.
3. When particles hit p-branes, what are produced?
(a) Nothing is produced.
(b) Extra, multi-dimensional branes.
(c) Miniature explosions.
(d) Time bombs.
4. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
(a) A present philosophy.
(b) A contemporary philosophy.
(c) An escape philosophy.
(d) A mature philosophy.
5. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can p-branes predict?
2. What can we not coherently ask about the way the universe is?
3. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
4. What two things are considered capable of shaping space-time, according to Einstein?
5. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)