|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Illegitimate significance.
(b) Independent meaning.
(c) Futuristic tendencies.
(d) Dependent meaning.
2. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A surface.
(b) A wall.
(c) A geometrical unit.
(d) A ladder.
3. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The curves of space and time.
(b) The model of a timewarp.
(c) The shaping of space and time.
(d) The dimensions of spacetime.
4. What do black holes absorb?
5. What do we need to describe what happens on the edge of the universe?
(a) Boundary conditions.
(b) Finite structures.
(c) Boundary laws.
(d) Limited perceptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may imaginary time surfaces actually be?
2. What do models based on imaginary time make?
3. How are galaxies distributed through space?
4. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
5. What do string theories most notably lack?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)