|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
(a) After 1985.
(b) Before 1988.
(c) After 1988.
(d) Before 1985.
2. What are singularities?
(a) Timepieces of infinitely dense space.
(b) Centers that appear finitely dense.
(c) Centers that appear infinitely small and dense.
(d) Time structures that appear infinitely small.
3. What did Strominger and Vafa postulate in 1996?
(a) That black holes are empty.
(b) That black holes house new worlds.
(c) That black holes are composed of p-branes.
(d) That black holes are composed of f-branes.
4. How can half-determinism be preserved in relation to black holes?
(a) If subatomic travel is curved.
(b) If Strominger and Vafa's 1996 postulation is true.
(c) If space-time is directed by Planck lengths.
(d) If Einstein's theory of general relativity is true.
5. What can one not curve space without also curving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a p = 1 brane?
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
3. Who produced the theory about curved spaces?
4. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
5. What does time not have apart from the universe?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)