|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein resist to admit that general relativity implied if all the stars died?
(a) The universe would collapse and recreate itself.
(b) The universe would never have existed.
(c) The universe would never die.
(d) The universe would come to an end.
2. Who were unconvinced by the ideas of an infinite past and future?
(a) Popper and Newkowitz.
(b) Lifshitz and Hawking.
(c) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(d) Penrose and Hawking.
3. What is vacuum energy's force inverse to?
4. What does the universe's real-time history determine, according to Hawking and Hartle?
(a) Its historical fictions.
(b) Its fictional time history.
(c) Its imaginary time history and vice versa.
(d) Its third-eye time history.
5. How were people's views of space-time changed because of Einstein's work?
(a) Space-time became understood as a passive feature.
(b) Space-time became irrelevant.
(c) No one's idea of space-time was changed.
(d) Space-time became understood as a dynamic feature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
3. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
4. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
5. What were Fat Man and Little Boy dropped on in 1945?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)