|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Predicting the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
(a) Medical theoretical physics.
(b) Contemporary theoretical physics.
(c) Special theoretical physics.
(d) General theoretical physics.
2. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The shaping of space and time.
(b) The curves of space and time.
(c) The model of a timewarp.
(d) The dimensions of spacetime.
3. How did the universe initially expand?
(a) Fully and then not at all.
(b) Rapidly and then more slowly.
(c) Increasingly quick.
(d) Markedly slow.
4. What did one of Einstein's mathematical errors prevent Marcel and Einstein from doing?
(a) Finishing the job in two weeks.
(b) Colloborating on a second effort.
(c) Going to the SpaceTime conference of 1954.
(d) Formulating the appropriate equations.
5. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Popper, what happens if positivism is true?
2. Where did Einstein move in 1914?
3. What did nineteenth century scientists believe space was pervaded by?
4. Who did Einstein encourage to begin nuclear research?
5. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)