|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can one find black holes?
(a) By finding matter that orbits around a seemingly invisible object.
(b) By finding the mass of everything invisible.
(c) By seeking out the matter that orbits around a visible object.
(d) By seeking out the matter that revolves around finite space.
2. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
(a) In boxes.
(b) In straight lines.
(c) In curves.
(d) In loops.
4. What is a p = 2 brane?
(a) A geometrical unit.
(b) A surface.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A wall.
5. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
(a) Improving human morals.
(b) Improving human genetics.
(c) Improving the quality of life for all humans.
(d) Improving animal genetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What partially restores determinism as a view?
2. What is a p = 1 brane?
3. What is doubling its computational power every eighteen months?
4. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
5. What can one not curve space without also curving?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)