|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
(a) Improving the quality of life for all humans.
(b) Improving human morals.
(c) Improving animal genetics.
(d) Improving human genetics.
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by magnets.
(b) As if moved by gravity.
(c) As if moved by a plane.
(d) As if moved by a field.
3. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Third state fluctuations.
(b) Ground state fluctuations.
(c) Second state fluctuations.
(d) Fourth state fluctuations.
4. What is a practical limit on the design of faster computers?
(a) The speed of gravity.
(b) The speed of light.
(c) The weight of gravity.
(d) The acceleration of mass.
5. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of evolution is described as random?
2. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
3. What does TOE stand for?
4. When was absolute time overthrown as an idea?
5. What partially restores determinism as a view?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)