|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can p-branes absorb?
2. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
(b) Information cannot be captured.
(c) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
(d) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
3. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) It made them struggle with their beliefs.
(b) It scared them.
(c) It mystified them.
(d) It delighted them.
4. What can p-branes predict?
(a) The rates of emission that the molecules emit.
(b) The rates of emission that the virtual-particle pair indicates.
(c) The rates of consumption that the real-particle pair indicates.
(d) The rates of condensation that the virtual-particle trio indicates.
5. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Excellence.
(b) Theory on Ether.
(c) Theory of Everything.
(d) Theory of Everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
2. How can half-determinism be preserved in relation to black holes?
3. What final state does Hawking wonder if humanity will ever reach?
4. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
5. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)