|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
2. What was discovered in the 1970s that revealed a natural physical mechanism?
(a) A new sort of timewarp.
(b) A new sort of symmetry.
(c) A new sort of plane.
(d) A new sort of planck.
3. What does the p-brane model show about information?
(a) Information cannot be captured.
(b) Information can be channeled through bell curves and wave functions.
(c) Information will escape a bit at a time through waves.
(d) Information will be captured in the p-brane waves' wave functions.
4. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
(a) Contemporary theoretical physics.
(b) General theoretical physics.
(c) Special theoretical physics.
(d) Medical theoretical physics.
5. What is one reason Hawking takes multiple dimensions seriously?
(a) Expected relationships between diverse string thories.
(b) Unexpected relationships between various string models.
(c) Unexpected relationships between multiple dimensions.
(d) Conclusive relationships between plane models.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hawking describe himself?
2. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
3. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
4. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
5. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)