|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Fourth state fluctuations.
(b) Third state fluctuations.
(c) Ground state fluctuations.
(d) Second state fluctuations.
2. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
(a) Four hundred thousand books.
(b) One thousand books.
(c) Three hundred thousand books.
(d) Two hundred thousand books.
3. What can p-branes predict?
(a) The rates of consumption that the real-particle pair indicates.
(b) The rates of emission that the molecules emit.
(c) The rates of condensation that the virtual-particle trio indicates.
(d) The rates of emission that the virtual-particle pair indicates.
4. What question does Hawking ask about extraterrestrials?
(a) If they were advanced, why haven't they spread across the galaxy?
(b) If they are real, why haven't we discovered them?
(c) If they were out there, why would they want to contact us?
(d) If they were smart, why haven't they contacted us?
5. What does Hawking explain particles do not have?
(a) Well-defined positions or velocities.
(b) Round-bodied physics.
(c) Molecular shapes.
(d) Easily-shaped positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what realm of physics is it important to consider the Schrodinger equation?
2. What is determinism threatened by?
3. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
4. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
5. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)