|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
(a) Electronic circuits.
(b) Malfunctioning circuit boards.
(c) Underground wires.
(d) Sonic waves.
2. What will create great problems for unimproved humans?
(a) Moralistic contrivances.
(b) Genetic malfunctions.
(c) Molecular physics.
(d) Genetic engineering.
3. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
(a) Its temperature would rise.
(b) Its light would fragment.
(c) Its heat would escape as well.
(d) Its fragrance would emit.
4. What are singularities?
(a) Centers that appear finitely dense.
(b) Time structures that appear infinitely small.
(c) Centers that appear infinitely small and dense.
(d) Timepieces of infinitely dense space.
5. What does time have?
(a) A presence.
(b) A mark.
(c) A shape.
(d) A being.
Short Answer Questions
1. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
2. What do string theories most notably lack?
3. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
4. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
5. What is a practical limit on the design of faster computers?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)