|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were strings regarded as insufficient?
(a) After 1988.
(b) Before 1985.
(c) After 1985.
(d) Before 1988.
2. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
(a) As if moved by gravity.
(b) As if moved by a plane.
(c) As if moved by a field.
(d) As if moved by magnets.
3. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(b) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(c) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(d) The philosophy of George Markus.
4. What may computers also have like human brains?
(a) Computational processing.
(b) Multiple dimensions.
(c) Parallel processing.
(d) Multiple energies.
5. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
(a) Religious development.
(b) Weapon development.
(c) Social development.
(d) Biological and electronic development.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
2. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
3. What would happen if energy escaped the black hole over time?
4. What does the p-brane model show about information?
5. What can p-branes absorb?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)