|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the following quote finished: "The human race needs to improve its mental and physical qualities to deal with an...?"
(a) Intuitive and diverse world.
(b) Increasingly simple world.
(c) Increasingly complex world.
(d) Interesting and diversive world.
2. What can p-branes absorb?
3. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
(b) Three quarter-determinism.
(c) Full determinism.
(d) One quarter-determinism.
4. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Fourth state fluctuations.
(b) Second state fluctuations.
(c) Ground state fluctuations.
(d) Third state fluctuations.
5. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The curves of space and time.
(b) The shaping of space and time.
(c) The dimensions of spacetime.
(d) The model of a timewarp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Schrodinger equation specify?
2. How can one find black holes?
3. What are singularities?
4. What does Hawking compare to brains in the complexity versus speed trade-off?
5. What will create great problems for unimproved humans?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)