|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(b) The philosophy of George Markus.
(c) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(d) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
2. What made DNA obsolete as the only source of information about humans?
(a) Quantum theory.
3. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(b) Time and space are only observed.
(c) Time and space can't be observed.
(d) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
4. What is a p = 1 brane?
(a) A string.
(b) A cone.
(c) A plane.
(d) A box.
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
(a) Ten dimensions.
(b) One dimension.
(c) Extra dimensions.
(d) Never-ending dimensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
2. What is doubling its computational power every eighteen months?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
4. What characteristic of black holes has been stated as never having been observed?
5. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)