|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Everywhere.
(b) Theory of Everything.
(c) Theory on Ether.
(d) Theory of Excellence.
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Lucas and Marx.
(b) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Hawking and Penrose.
3. What are singularities?
(a) Timepieces of infinitely dense space.
(b) Centers that appear finitely dense.
(c) Time structures that appear infinitely small.
(d) Centers that appear infinitely small and dense.
4. What does the Schrodinger equation specify?
(a) The rate at which satellites operate particle states.
(b) The rate at which light function changes with speed.
(c) The rate at which bell curves change with motion.
(d) The rate at which wave function changes with time.
5. What did the philosopher Immanuel Kant worry about concerning time and Newton's model?
(a) This this implied time was finite.
(b) That Newton's model was too irrelevant.
(c) That this implied time was infinite.
(d) That Newton's model was disproportionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular sci-fi show does Hawking refer to when discussing its differences with humanity in a millennium?
2. What is determinism threatened by?
3. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
4. What partially restores determinism as a view?
5. What does the p-brane model show about information?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)