|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Schrodinger equations assume?
(a) That time runs smoothly everywhere.
(b) That force is a product of gravity.
(c) That motion is inverse to acceleration.
(d) That speed is a constant.
2. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
(a) Four hundred thousand books.
(b) One thousand books.
(c) Two hundred thousand books.
(d) Three hundred thousand books.
3. What are the size of biological brains limited by?
(a) Animo Acids.
(b) The womb.
(c) The genome.
4. What is intuitive to think about the "ground state" or stationary state of an object?
(a) This object would have zero energy.
(b) This object would thrive in a black hole.
(c) This object would have two energies.
(d) This object would have multiple energies.
5. What does TOE stand for?
(a) Theory of Excellence.
(b) Theory of Everywhere.
(c) Theory on Ether.
(d) Theory of Everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of advanced development does Hawking predict for humanity?
2. Where does one set of possibilities lie in relation to using the laws of physics to explore the galaxy?
3. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
4. What question does Hawking ask about extraterrestrials?
5. What will create great problems for unimproved humans?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)