|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can half-determinism be preserved in relation to black holes?
(a) If space-time is directed by Planck lengths.
(b) If Strominger and Vafa's 1996 postulation is true.
(c) If subatomic travel is curved.
(d) If Einstein's theory of general relativity is true.
2. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
(a) Three quarter-determinism.
(b) One quarter-determinism.
(d) Full determinism.
3. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole has no hair.
(b) A black hole is bald.
(c) A black hole has two hairs.
(d) A black hole is wearing a wig.
4. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
(a) Time and space are only observed.
(b) Time and space were not affected by events around them.
(c) Time and space are inter-related subparticle phenomena.
(d) Time and space can't be observed.
5. How did physicists respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
(a) They disliked the idea.
(b) They were mystified.
(c) They were delighted.
(d) They were insanely horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a p = 2 brane?
2. How can one find black holes?
3. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
4. What does supersymmetry imply?
5. Because of the curvature of space-time, how do paths appear to bend?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)