|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
(a) Improving the quality of life for all humans.
(b) Improving animal genetics.
(c) Improving human morals.
(d) Improving human genetics.
2. Who believed they could interpret General Relativity so time had an infinite past and an infinite future?
(a) Shalob and Khalatnikov.
(b) Lucas and Marx.
(c) Lifshitz and Khalatnikov.
(d) Hawking and Penrose.
3. What will create great problems for unimproved humans?
(a) Genetic malfunctions.
(b) Molecular physics.
(c) Genetic engineering.
(d) Moralistic contrivances.
4. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
5. For nearly all of history, what has moved forward?
(d) The Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
2. How do objects in space-time attempt to move?
3. What sort of lengths do P-branes have?
4. How did religious leaders respond to Hawking and Penrose's work?
5. What do black holes absorb?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)