|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have serious effects on a quantum theory of gravity?
(a) Fourth state fluctuations.
(b) Ground state fluctuations.
(c) Second state fluctuations.
(d) Third state fluctuations.
2. What is a practical limit on the design of faster computers?
(a) The speed of light.
(b) The weight of gravity.
(c) The speed of gravity.
(d) The acceleration of mass.
3. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole has two hairs.
(b) A black hole is wearing a wig.
(c) A black hole is bald.
(d) A black hole has no hair.
4. How many books a year are estimated to be published?
(a) One thousand books.
(b) Three hundred thousand books.
(c) Four hundred thousand books.
(d) Two hundred thousand books.
5. What does time have?
(a) A presence.
(b) A mark.
(c) A shape.
(d) A being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
2. What kind of evolution is described as random?
3. What theories implied that supersymmetric field particles should have superpartners?
4. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
5. What did Newton's model suggest about time and space?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)