|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hawking state particle states be represented?
(a) With bell curves.
(b) With wave functions.
(c) With satellite functions.
(d) With light functions.
2. What kind of philosophy do black holes have?
(a) A present philosophy.
(b) An escape philosophy.
(c) A mature philosophy.
(d) A contemporary philosophy.
3. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
(a) The work of mathematician Karl Popper.
(b) The scientific work of Isaac Newton.
(c) The philosophy of science advanced by Karl Popper.
(d) The philosophy of George Markus.
4. What will be preserved if this equation determines the wave function?
(a) One quarter-determinism.
(c) Full determinism.
(d) Three quarter-determinism.
5. What does supersymmetry imply?
(a) That strings have a spin property.
(b) That gamma rays have a spin property.
(c) That particles had a spin property.
(d) That molecules have a spin property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawking think black holes radiate?
2. What is determinism threatened by?
3. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
4. What do black holes absorb?
5. According to Hawking, what lies ahead in the future if no great disaster occurs?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)