|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Our Future?, Star Trek or Not?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous quote is attributed to physicist John Wheeler?
(a) A black hole is wearing a wig.
(b) A black hole is bald.
(c) A black hole has no hair.
(d) A black hole has two hairs.
2. What does Hawking say extraterrestrials might be like?
(a) Not very bright.
(b) Like humans.
(c) Easy to get along with.
(d) Very primitive or very advanced.
3. What can quantum theory represent?
(a) The model of a timewarp.
(b) The shaping of space and time.
(c) The curves of space and time.
(d) The dimensions of spacetime.
4. What does time not have apart from the universe?
(a) Futuristic tendencies.
(b) Independent meaning.
(c) Dependent meaning.
(d) Illegitimate significance.
5. What does general relativity combine time with space to form?
(a) Three-dimensional physics.
(b) Five-dimensional warp speed.
(c) Four-dimensional space-time.
(d) Two-dimensional planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hawking describe exploring the galaxy?
2. What does Hawking believe any good scientific theory should be rooted in?
3. Name two things that are doubling every forty years.
4. What equation will be able to determine the wave function for information?
5. What does Hawking resist believing in?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)