|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Donohue is _____________ the Javelin race car.
(a) Baffled by.
(b) Angered by.
(c) Excited about.
(d) Frustrated with.
2. As what does Mark continue working?
(a) A mechanical engineer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An electrical engineer.
3. What does the company feel about the rebuilding of this engine?
(a) It is worried.
(b) It is happy.
(c) It is annoyed.
(d) It is angry.
4. In Chapter 12, Camaro, the engineers build one race car with how many specific races in mind?
5. How does this race allow them to feel?
(a) Anxious about their abilities.
(b) Conservative and restrained.
(c) As if they can take certain kinds of risks they would never take in the other races.
(d) Nervous, yet excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of racing is the answer to number 86?
2. The featured piece of hardware in this part of the book is what?
3. Mark Donohue is a ___________________ student who likes cars.
4. When does doing the normal work become more difficult?
5. How does the author die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What race deal does Mark turn down? What might be the reason he reconsiders it?
2. What leads to the first mention of the title of this book?
3. What happens when Mark is driving a car and the restrictions are removed? How important is the difference in speed? Why?
4. How is practicing for a race different than a race?
5. What is the first important lesson Mark Donohue learns about racing?
6. Describe Mark's experience with the Lola T70.
7. How does Roger Penske upset the Ferrari man?
8. How does Mark Donohue's career as a race car driver begin to truly become a reality?
9. How does Mark Donohue die? What are your thoughts on his death?
10. What does someone find for the first time in 1966? Why is this surprising?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)