|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark become accustomed to winning rather quickly?
(a) He becomes very angry when he loses.
(b) He likes to win.
(c) It happens so often.
(d) He has always been a winner.
2. The race cars, _____________ and the race tracks are featured in photos.
(a) The pit crew.
(b) The company owners.
(c) The driver.
(d) The Penske team.
3. The next section is about the building of ___________ racing cars.
4. Roger Penske and his team players end up running ___________ cars in the USAC the next year.
5. Why does the answer to number 28 come as a bit of a shock?
(a) The race car is a very difficult vehicle to understand.
(b) The brakes are difficult to find in a race car.
(c) Prior to this no one he had ever met had ever honestly been able to report that a car could go no faster and be referring to a race car.
(d) Cars during this time are very unattractive to the average person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of his discouragement?
2. The team uses a little trickery to throw off those who are not on the team. What is this trickery, regarding wings?
3. Mark explains that when they build for long-distance races their primary concern is what?
4. When does doing the normal work become more difficult?
5. This chapter starts in the year ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark Donohue die? What are your thoughts on his death?
2. Describe Mark's experience with the Lola T70.
3. What does Roger say that frightens Mark? Why does Roger say this?
4. What does the author say about the relationship between speed and aerodynamics?
5. What trickery does the team use to throw off those who are not on the team?
6. What does someone find for the first time in 1966? Why is this surprising?
7. Describe Mark's personal life. How does he feel about this?
8. What does Mark think about the Javelin race car? How does he deal with this?
9. What race deal does Mark turn down? What might be the reason he reconsiders it?
10. What does Mark reveal about himself during this chapter?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)