|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark tells readers that he dislikes _______________ between himself and anyone else.
(a) Leaving bad feelings.
(b) Too much space.
2. For how long has Mark Donohue been racing?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What car do they use to try out in a new racing venue?
(a) One that will not serve them in the races in which they have been running thus far.
(b) An old, trustworthy car.
(c) One that has served them well in other races.
(d) A brand new car.
4. As what does Mark continue working?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A musician.
(c) An electrical engineer.
(d) A mechanical engineer.
5. What is the source of his discouragement?
(a) Roger Penske.
(b) The Corvette.
(c) The Daimler.
(d) Racing in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. He writes about how his Penske team uses ________________ to create a new car, and that this race car does just fine in at least one race.
2. Who is the main competitor at this time?
3. What color car does the driver want?
4. When Mark drives one car on a practice run, after the restrictions are released, the change in miles per hour that results is what?
5. In at least one case, there is a specific difficulty with a car that is so bothersome that it makes him want to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do race cars not last very long? How does this lead to Mark's discussion of another unfair advantage?
2. What does Mark have to say about a good car he is running? Why might he say this?
3. What does Mark think about the Javelin race car? How does he deal with this?
4. What does at least one of Mark's competitors think of innovation? Why might this person feel this way?
5. How does Mark Donohue die? What are your thoughts on his death?
6. Describe an example of compromise found in this chapter.
7. What trickery does the team use to throw off those who are not on the team?
8. How does Roger Penske upset the Ferrari man?
9. Why is the track at Indianapolis frustrating for Mark?
10. Describe Formula racing.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)