|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speeds at Indianapolis are _________________ of all the tracks.
(a) The most dangerous.
(b) The slowest.
(c) Not the fastest.
(d) The fastest.
2. With the new team in place, what do they do with the bulk of the previous system?
(a) They save it.
(b) The rework it.
(c) They study it.
(d) They scrap it.
3. Roger Penske is to communicate with Chevrolet's John DeLorean. Who is this man?
(a) A driver for Chevy.
(b) Chevy's spokesman.
(c) Chevy's General Manager.
(d) A pit crew leader for Chevy.
4. When Mark drives one car on a practice run, after the restrictions are released, the change in miles per hour that results is what?
5. In Chapter 12, Camaro, the engineers build one race car with how many specific races in mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. The main action in this chapter is that the Penske team decides to rebuild __________ engine.
2. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
3. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
4. Who is good for pursuing the same idea with Mark at this later date?
5. The most successful auto designs last for how many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roger Penske think about the situation with American Motors? How does the situation with American Motors work out well for everyone involved?
2. What does Mark say about race cars in general? How does this lead to a reiteration of an important fact?
3. Describe the business meeting between Roger Penske and the American Motors people. How does Mark feel about this? Should he feel this way? Why or why not?
4. Describe Formula racing.
5. For whom is this book good? Why?
6. What does the author say about the relationship between speed and aerodynamics?
7. Describe Mark's experience with NASCAR. What does he learn from this experience?
8. What is decided between Roger Penske and Chevrolet?
9. Describe Mark's first experiences as a race car driver. What does he learn from this experience?
10. What does Mark have to say about a good car he is running? Why might he say this?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)