|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mark drives one car on a practice run, after the restrictions are released, the change in miles per hour that results is what?
2. Roger becomes frightened when he hears Roger Penske announce publicly that they are going to win _____ races driving Javelin race cars for American Motors.
3. What happens when Mark's vehicle has a problem with the chassis?
(a) He rebuilds it.
(b) He quits racing for awhile.
(c) The company kindly sends a replacement.
(d) He races for a new team.
4. Does Mark ever feel like quitting?
(a) Yes, often.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, always.
(d) Yes, sometimes.
5. In Chapter 12, Camaro, the engineers build one race car with how many specific races in mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. The main action in this chapter is that the Penske team decides to rebuild __________ engine.
2. The featured piece of hardware in this part of the book is what?
3. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
4. Are cars modified every season?
5. Roger Penske has a business meeting with representatives of what company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mark's death.
2. What trickery does the team use to throw off those who are not on the team?
3. What do Roger Penske and Mark Donohue have in common?
4. How does Roger Penske upset the Ferrari man?
5. What does Mark say about racing fuel in this chapter? Why is this important?
6. Describe Mark's personal life. How does he feel about this?
7. Why is the track at Indianapolis frustrating for Mark?
8. What does Mark Donohue think about racing in 1963?
9. What does Roger Penske offer Mark? What does he think about this?
10. What happens when Mark asks for advice from other drivers? Why do they act this way?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)