|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark Donohue's funder and organizer of the racing team for which he normally drives?
(a) Roger Northlands.
(b) Roger Andretti.
(c) Roger Vickers.
(d) Roger Penske.
2. Does Mark prefer to be alone?
3. How often does Mark work on the race cars?
(a) Not at all.
(b) A little.
(c) Very little.
(d) A lot.
4. The race cars, _____________ and the race tracks are featured in photos.
(a) The pit crew.
(b) The driver.
(c) The company owners.
(d) The Penske team.
5. Mark Donahue explains that they reach a perfectly legitimate business deal. What does Mark think about this deal?
(a) They are up to something.
(b) It is an unusual deal.
(c) It is critical to his success.
(d) It is a good deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is good for pursuing the same idea with Mark at this later date?
2. With the new team in place, what do they do with the bulk of the previous system?
3. What car gets wrecked at the USAC races?
4. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
5. What happens when Mark grows very discouraged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the first mention of the title of this book?
2. What does the writer of the introduction have to say about the author?
3. What does Mark think about the Javelin race car? How does he deal with this?
4. How does Mark Donohue's career as a race car driver begin to truly become a reality?
5. How is practicing for a race different than a race?
6. Describe Mark's first experiences as a race car driver. What does he learn from this experience?
7. What race deal does Mark turn down? What might be the reason he reconsiders it?
8. Who is Dan Gurney? How does a race with Dan affect Mark? Why?
9. What is decided between Roger Penske and Chevrolet?
10. Why is the track at Indianapolis frustrating for Mark?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)