|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark has one car that is "perfectly balanced" but it takes him ___________ years to fully appreciate what a difference this makes.
2. What color car does the driver want?
3. With the new team in place, what do they do with the bulk of the previous system?
(a) They study it.
(b) They save it.
(c) They scrap it.
(d) The rework it.
4. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
5. The answer to number 70 breaks during the race and is repaired when?
(b) During the race.
(c) During rain delays.
(d) After the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
2. Why do even the best of race cars often not last long?
3. This is a car which Mark Donohue explains is __________________ at first.
4. Who is good for pursuing the same idea with Mark at this later date?
5. What is the simple truth about street cars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Formula racing.
2. What does Mark have to say about a good car he is running? Why might he say this?
3. What does the writer of the introduction have to say about the author?
4. Who is Dan Gurney? How does a race with Dan affect Mark? Why?
5. What is decided between Roger Penske and Chevrolet?
6. What is the first important lesson Mark Donohue learns about racing?
7. What does Mark think about the Javelin race car? How does he deal with this?
8. What leads to the first mention of the title of this book?
9. Why is the track at Indianapolis frustrating for Mark?
10. What does someone find for the first time in 1966? Why is this surprising?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)