Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Page vii
1. The book begins with introductory writings by whom?
The son of the deceased author.
2. How does the author die?
In a car crash during a race.
3. Mark Donohue is a ___________________ student who likes cars.
4. Another young man invites Mark to race his __________________ one night.
5. How does Mark feel about the performance of his car?
6. What does Mark realize about his car?
7. Mark quickly discovers that racing is a strong interest and so does what?
8. What does Mark learn about automobiles?
What does and does not make a good race car.
9. What is the simple truth about street cars?
They are no good for real racing.
10. There are times during races when Mark does surprisingly well. Why is this surprising?
He is a...
This section contains 3,055 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)