|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Page 275.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Race car driving is all about finding limits the _________ way.
2. The speeds at Indianapolis are _________________ of all the tracks.
(a) The slowest.
(b) The fastest.
(c) Not the fastest.
(d) The most dangerous.
3. The next section is about the building of ___________ racing cars.
4. Why is it not possible for Mark Donohue to figure out whether this car oversteers, understeers or neither at Indianapolis?
(a) The track is too slow.
(b) The track is too narrow.
(c) The track is too fast.
(d) The track is too short.
5. The McLaren is still only able to reach a maximum speed of ____________, whereas the Eagle cars are blowing them away, at 7mph faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark writes of qualifying a car for a race, and when he practices, he is _____________ near other cars.
2. __________________ decides to make a big name for himself in racing, but he does not know much about how it actually works.
3. During the beginning, they run ________ wings.
4. What is a second possible reason for why the drivers respond the way they do in number 139?
5. The Penske team enters ___________ racing.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)