|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When walking for some time, what do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man happen upon?
2. What does Carstairs work on in order to find out where Perdido took Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell?
3. What does Mrs. Pollifax call the two rocks she is able to bring into her cell?
4. Who is angry that a party is being planned while they are in captivity?
5. Who is seriously wounded in their attempt to steal a boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Pollifax manage to get a gun?
2. Who is Halstead and whom does he recognize in Chapter 22?
3. What happens when Farrell tells Mrs. Pollifax to leave him behind when she escapes?
4. Discuss the arrival of General Hoong at the party of Lulash and Vassovic.
5. Discuss the sail boat Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man steal and the teamwork they have with one another.
6. Discuss the reasons for Farrell's foul mood when Mrs. Pollifax returns from her daily walk in Chapter 14.
7. How does Carstairs finally find Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 20?
8. Discuss the note that is dropped into Mrs. Pollifax's cell while she is on her morning walk.
9. Discuss the encounter between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne when Mrs. Pollifax finally returns home at the end of the novel.
10. How are Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man rescued?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the use of foils in the novel and the effects they have on characters and events that occur.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the use of dialogue in the novel and the effect it has on the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Mrs. Pollifax and Lulash and the effect it has on the novel.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)