|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pollifax say that she is not?
2. Who says their family has given them up for dead?
3. Who does the Colonel inform Mrs. Pollifax are quickly becoming influential in Europe?
4. Who lives with the woman who sees Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man escaping?
5. When Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man set off walking out of site of the compound, what do they believe to be walking toward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man rescued?
2. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn from Carstairs involving Senor DeGamez in Chapter 23?
3. What happens when the Chinese man arrives in a car he steals during his escape with Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell.
4. How does Carstairs finally find Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 20?
5. Discuss the woman that sees Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man escape.
6. How does Mrs. Pollifax manage to get a gun?
7. Discuss the escape plan of Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 15.
8. Discuss the deck of cards that Mrs. Pollifax remembers she still has in Chapter 23.
9. Discuss the "two miracles" Mrs. Pollifax manages to get.
10. What happens when Farrell tells Mrs. Pollifax to leave him behind when she escapes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship Mrs. Pollifax has with her children and the effect it has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between General Perdido and Carstairs.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)