|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man want to use in order to make faster progress in their escape?
2. What does Mrs. Pollifax steal from Adem?
3. Who does Mrs. Pollifax find talking on a radio in Chapter 16?
4. Where do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man believe that the river will take them if they follow it?
5. When walking for some time, what do Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man happen upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the deck of cards that Mrs. Pollifax remembers she still has in Chapter 23.
2. Discuss the cave the Chinese man finds in Chapter 20 and the purpose it serves.
3. Discuss the woman that sees Mrs. Pollifax, Farrell and the Chinese man escape.
4. Discuss the reasons for Farrell's foul mood when Mrs. Pollifax returns from her daily walk in Chapter 14.
5. Who is Halstead and whom does he recognize in Chapter 22?
6. Discuss the note that is dropped into Mrs. Pollifax's cell while she is on her morning walk.
7. Discuss the encounter between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne when Mrs. Pollifax finally returns home at the end of the novel.
8. Discuss the plane that Mrs. Pollifax comes to find in Chapter 19.
9. Discuss the escape of Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell in Chapter 17.
10. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn about Adem Nexht on her daily walk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the theme of the novel and why it is classified as having this particular theme.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the organization in the novel and the role it plays.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship Mrs. Pollifax has with her children and the effect it has on the story.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)