|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Mrs. Pollifax play on the airplane when not drugged?
2. What item(s) of Mrs. Pollifax is being examined by Perdido's men?
3. What does Farrell say that he cannot allow his captors to do?
4. Who is Mrs. Pollifax supposed to meet during her time in Mexico City?
5. Who is expected to be behind the kidnapping of Mrs. Pollifax?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the location that Mrs. Pollifax arrives at during her capture as well as the ailment she suffers.
2. Discuss the descent of the plane that Farrell and Mrs. Pollifax are held captive on.
3. Discuss the conversation Mrs. Pollifax has when going to Parrot Bookstore the second time.
4. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell are told to ride donkeys?
5. How does Mrs. Pollifax feel after first trip to Parrot Bookstore?
6. Who is Johnny Farrell?
7. Why does Mrs. Pollifax go to Langley, Virginia?
8. What does Farrell inform about himself involving his job as a spy?
9. What happens to Mrs. Pollifax during her second trip to Parrot Bookstore?
10. What happens during Mrs. Pollifax's first trip to Parrot Bookstore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship Mrs. Pollifax has with her children and the effect it has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narration of the novel and whether readers can trust the narrator(s).
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the ways in which Mrs. Pollifax changes throughout the novel and the effect this has on readers as well as the story.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)