|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pollifax say is expected of the United States government when one is traveling abroad?
2. When Mrs. Perdido is being interrogated, what does she tell herself is the only real threat to her?
3. Who yells at Mrs. Pollifax and tells her to go back to her cell?
4. Who questions Mrs. Pollifax about the questions she posed on her second trip to the bookstore?
5. Who plans to make a run for it when taken from their cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Mrs. Pollifax's first trip to Parrot Bookstore?
2. Discuss the reaction of Mrs. Pollifax's children involving her trip to Mexico City.
3. What kind of relationship does Mrs. Pollifax have with Mrs. Grace Hartshorne?
4. Discuss the meeting between Mrs. Pollifax and General Perdido.
5. What do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell do while on the plane they are held captive on?
6. Who are the Red Chinese?
7. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn is searched in Chapter 8?
8. What happens when Mr. Mason meets Mrs. Pollifax?
9. What occurs while Mrs. Pollifax is at her doctor's office in Chapter 1?
10. Discuss the complaints Mrs. Pollifax has about her abduction.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the plot of the novel and the role it plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the use of foils in the novel and the effects they have on characters and events that occur.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the use of setting in the story and the role it plays in the novel.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)