|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Mrs. Pollifax is taken to see during her captivity?
2. Where does Mrs. Pollifax go with her letter of introduction?
3. Who says they have a good sense about people?
4. What does Mrs. Pollifax realize she has never been?
5. What are Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell told to do to finish the last leg of their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the location that Mrs. Pollifax arrives at during her capture as well as the ailment she suffers.
2. What happens when Carstairs begins talking about the "Mexico City fiasco" in Chapter 11?
3. What kind of relationship does Mrs. Pollifax have with Mrs. Grace Hartshorne?
4. What happens when Mr. Mason meets Mrs. Pollifax?
5. Discuss the suicide attempt of Farrell.
6. Who are the Red Chinese?
7. What occurs when Mrs. Pollifax wakes up after she is drugged?
8. What does Mrs. Pollifax learn is searched in Chapter 8?
9. What does Carstairs learn from the Communique he receives?
10. What do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell do while on the plane they are held captive on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the CIA in the novel and the importance it plays in the actions of Mrs. Pollifax.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narration of the novel and whether readers can trust the narrator(s).
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Mrs. Pollifax and Lulash and the effect it has on the novel.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)