|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of conversation does General Perdido tell Mrs. Pollifax he had hoped for?
2. What does Farrell say a person cannot hold out against forever?
3. Who says they have a good sense about people?
4. What item(s) of Mrs. Pollifax is being examined by Perdido's men?
5. What does Mrs. Pollifax tell Farrell is very uncomfortable and takes a great deal of energy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Pollifax feel after first trip to Parrot Bookstore?
2. What does Farrell inform about himself involving his job as a spy?
3. Discuss the descent of the plane that Farrell and Mrs. Pollifax are held captive on.
4. Who are the Red Chinese?
5. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell are told to ride donkeys?
6. What does Carstairs learn from the Communique he receives?
7. Why does Mrs. Pollifax go to Langley, Virginia?
8. Discuss the assignment Carstairs has involving Mexico City.
9. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax meets Carstairs?
10. What causes Mrs. Pollifax to become angry with Perdido?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the use of dialogue in the novel and the effect it has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of titles and chapters in the story and the role they play in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel and why it falls into this particular category.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)