|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is considered a seasoned traveler?
2. Who collapses in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mrs. Pollifax receive in Chapter 9?
4. What does Farrell say he will have to do before he can be questioned?
5. What item(s) of Mrs. Pollifax is being examined by Perdido's men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carstairs learn from the Communique he receives?
2. Discuss the assignment Carstairs has involving Mexico City.
3. What does Mrs. Pollifax accuse General Perdido of doing and is her accusation justified?
4. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax meets Carstairs?
5. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax is first taken to an interrogation room?
6. Discuss the location that Mrs. Pollifax arrives at during her capture as well as the ailment she suffers.
7. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell are told to ride donkeys?
8. How does Mrs. Pollifax feel after first trip to Parrot Bookstore?
9. Discuss the "jam" Mrs. Pollifax finds herself in in Chapter 8.
10. Discuss the suicide attempt of Farrell.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship Mrs. Pollifax has with her children and the effect it has on the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narration of the novel and whether readers can trust the narrator(s).
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the novel and the effect it has on the characters and events that occur.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)