|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the location that Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell are finally taken to?
2. Who sets Farrell's leg?
3. Who is slapped in Chapter 5?
4. What does Mrs. Pollifax compare Mrs. Hartshorne to?
5. What is Mrs. Pollifax tied to when she awakens in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the assignment Carstairs has involving Mexico City.
2. What happens when Carstairs begins talking about the "Mexico City fiasco" in Chapter 11?
3. What kind of relationship does Mrs. Pollifax have with Mrs. Grace Hartshorne?
4. Discuss the location that Mrs. Pollifax arrives at during her capture as well as the ailment she suffers.
5. Who is Lulash and what is his job?
6. What does Farrell inform about himself involving his job as a spy?
7. Who is Johnny Farrell?
8. Why does Mrs. Pollifax go to Langley, Virginia?
9. What do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell do while on the plane they are held captive on?
10. Discuss the conversation Mrs. Pollifax has when going to Parrot Bookstore the second time.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the role of the protagonist and antagonist in the novel and the effect it has on the characters and events that occur.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between General Perdido and Carstairs.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the use of character descriptions and the positive and negative effect they have on readers as well as the novel.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)