|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farrell say a person cannot hold out against forever?
2. Where does Mrs. Pollifax stay in Mexico City?
3. What is Carstairs looking for in order to help him in Mexico City?
4. Who does Mrs. Pollifax recall a story of in Chapter 1?
5. What game does Mrs. Pollifax play on the airplane when not drugged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mrs. Pollifax to become angry with Perdido?
2. What happens when Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell are told to ride donkeys?
3. What occurs when Mrs. Pollifax wakes up after she is drugged?
4. What is Mrs. Pollifax instructed to do at Parrot Bookstore?
5. What does Mrs. Pollifax accuse General Perdido of doing and is her accusation justified?
6. Discuss the location that Mrs. Pollifax arrives at during her capture as well as the ailment she suffers.
7. What do Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell do while on the plane they are held captive on?
8. What happens during Mrs. Pollifax's first trip to Parrot Bookstore?
9. Discuss the complaints Mrs. Pollifax has about her abduction.
10. Who are the Red Chinese?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the escape of Mrs. Pollifax and Farrell and the effects it has on the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Mrs. Pollifax and Mrs. Hartshorne.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the organization in the novel and the role it plays.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)